AT on january transfer window !!! (1 Viewer)

sky blue john

Im afraid theres no point him talking about strenghening in the january transfer window.
It would be too little too late !!!!!
Other teams around us who were/are in trouble have realized that they had a need to get players in and have done so before the recent loan window closed and will probably strengthen again in january.
But Sisu have been to blind to see this !!!!
The thing that really annoys me is that if Sisu had been honest in the close season and said look we need to get finances straight, we have no transfer budget we will have to sell players and then only maybe replace them. Then I think a lot of us would have appreciated that and we would be working with them and not against them. Ok we wouldn't like it but most of us are grown up enough to understand it.

Nonleagueherewecome

I think many of us realised some time ago that it was vital to strengthen, but there would be precious little chance of that happening. I certainly haven't believed much they've said in the last 5 months. I just with I'd realised how screwed we are before I bought my ST! :facepalm:

skyblueben83

Agreed, It's SISU's dishonesty that's alienated the fans. We offered King, Westwood, Gunnar new contracts, but when they left no-one came in. Did we really offer contracts?? We were goin to make signings in summer.Same budget as last year!! We got Cody. Have a loan player in Sept?? Didn't happen. Eventually got Gardner for a month because he's friends with Carsley!!

The sad truth is that they've lied to get season tickets sold. If they'd have said that there was no money, we have to bring in players on a non-existant budget and will rely on academy players for season then the fans might have understood, but would they have sold season tickets??

cloughie

We have been promised players at every window previously so wy does he beleive that they mean it this time

TheBoss

Andy Thorn has bought in players that he doesnt play (Dunn and McDonald) why is this? why would SISU hand him more cash to waste? Stop papering over the cracks Thorny, you're not the man for the job, we have the players to survive but you cannot get them to play for you FACT.

Nonleagueherewecome

Andy Thorn has bought in players that he doesnt play (Dunn and McDonald) why is this? why would SISU hand him more cash to waste? Stop papering over the cracks Thorny, you're not the man for the job, we have the players to survive but you cannot get them to play for you FACT.

We don't have the players to survive, FACT.

Is it a fact? No, it's an opinion, either way. Please don't claim things as "facts" when they are opinions, it really is annoying!

stupot07

He also brought in Murphy - you can't play too keepers the last time I checked. Cody has had plenty of pitch time, at the moment platt has played ok with juke. Juke and Cody don't look like they can play together and would you drop juke for Cody?

We don't have the players to survive, goals were always going to be the problem this year.

SonofErnie

He also brought in Murphy - you can't play too keepers the last time I checked. Cody has had plenty of pitch time, at the moment platt has played ok with juke. Juke and Cody don't look like they can play together and would you drop juke for Cody?

We don't have the players to survive, goals were always going to be the problem this year.

Goals are an issue, however it's conceding them that's the problem. The biggest loss to our team has been Turner, both during his spell out injured last season and since he's moved on to Cardiff. Look at how he's transformed Cradiff's season since getting fit ! If we'd had Turner a few of the 2-1 defeats would have been turned into draws/wins and the stupid last minute goals e.g. Blackpool would not have been conceded. We are paying a heavy price for letting a £3m defender go for peanuts, a grossly idiotic decision by SISU and Thorn.

stupot07

Goals are an issue, however it's conceding them that's the problem. The biggest loss to our team has been Turner, both during his spell out injured last season and since he's moved on to Cardiff. Look at how he's transformed Cradiff's season since getting fit ! If we'd had Turner a few of the 2-1 defeats would have been turned into draws/wins and the stupid last minute goals e.g. Blackpool would not have been conceded. We are paying a heavy price for letting a £3m defender go for peanuts, a grossly idiotic decision by SISU and Thorn.

I agree but think it's at both ends of the pitch - we don't score enough (17 in 20 games), but we are also conceding sloppy goals.

We lost 21 goals in king, Gunnar and turner going, but we have also lost the physical am defensive presence of Gunnar and turner

Otis

I said this the other day ..... what's the point of getting loans in? By January unless things change we will already be relegated and Sisu have only talked of short term Premiership loans. So I ask again what's the point?

If we are still in with a shout then fair enough, but if we are where we think we'll be the only players we should be bringing in is in readiness for League 1. Short term loans in that scenario will be of no use whatsoever and will only prevent our own players getting game time.

Besides, the only reason Sisu are talking about loans coming in is because we will be selling our best players in January.

ICHAN

How can you say if we still had Turner we would have not lost games or conceded goals surely this can only be maybe?
The reason we are conceding goals is because of the lack of attacking football and putting too much pressure on the back line for to long in a game, the fight should be going on further up the pitch to relieve some of this pressure.
The best form of defence is attack and fighting spirit in front of the back line but there is no fight in the team, they appear to be in a mindset of we can't score (or maybe sneak 1) so let's defend and hope we don't concede too many.

BANTAM

Thornes not the man to attract any players here we need another manager here not a mate of Ken like Thorne.

WillieStanley

You're right BANTAM. Inexperienced managers aren't even worth the bother. Just look at that waste we had in the 60's. Never even left a mark on the club. Not to mention Strachans short spell, or Eric Blacks disastrous stint. No, we should definately get a proven manager like Peter Reid or Chris Coleman. That'll attract the players for cheap and ensure success.

J

Jack Griffin

Agreed, It's SISU's dishonesty that's alienated the fans.

Yes, that is the biggest thing for me. The lies and deciept appear to be continuing & get more & more convoluted and outrageous if anything.

Users who are viewing this thread