AT is pleased with contract talks (1 Viewer)

ccfcway

crock of sh1t

more talk of contracts "offered"

dont think i have ever seen a club promote that they are offering contracts as much as we do

Just get it done

kg82

I see clubs stating they've offered such-and-such a player a contract quite often.

Astute

I see clubs stating they've offered such-and-such a player a contract quite often.

But how many of these clubs are NOT allowed to offer contracts to be signed like us?

skybluesteve76

Deja vu or what! Saying that tho, I think they are more likely to stay than anyone we lost last summer. I think they will both stay or both go

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Football League rule.....

16.20.3 to refuse any application by that Championship Club to register any Player or any new contract of an existing Player of that Club if the Executive reasonably deems that this is necessary in order to secure that the Championship Club complies with its obligations listed in Regulations 16.19.8(a) to 1

I know it refers to Championship but I think it applies to the Football League in total

standupforcity

Football League rule.....

16.20.3 to refuse any application by that Championship Club to register any Player or any new contract of an existing Player of that Club if the Executive reasonably deems that this is necessary in order to secure that the Championship Club complies with its obligations listed in Regulations 16.19.8(a) to 1

I know it refers to Championship but I think it applies to the Football League in total

Doesn't matter who it refers to really...let's have it in plain English please!!

Sumo the Micky Quinn

Doesn't matter who it refers to really...let's have it in plain English please!!

A club (Coventry City) in a Transfer Embargo can not get ANY player to register a contract with the Football League.

When anyone signs a contract extension it usually has something along the line of 'This contract cancels any previous contract' Which means that if a players contract was to finish next year and was to extend it then their new contract cancels the contract they are on NOW. Their new contract would have to agreed with the Football League, BUT under embargo rules this new contract can not be agreed by the Football League.

However it dose not stop the club getting a player to agree a gentlemens agreement - Pre contract agreement.

Pre contract 'Gentleman agreements' were offered last year to: Marlon King, Joe Murpthy & Chris Dunn.

Sbarcher

I think Cranie and Keogh are now the barometer for SISU as far as I am concerned. If both start the season with CCFC, then I will give SISU some credit for putting the Team first rather than their "investment". If they go, then we know exactly their intentions. So far, they have been crap owners - this situation will tell me if they can redeem themselves and what their intentions are.
I'm not holding my breath.......

Ashdown

If we get a reasonable offer they will be off. Its strange how we should be shouting it from the rooftops about contract offers. I bet there is a few fax and e mails offering them out as well.

Astute

I think Cranie and Keogh are now the barometer for SISU as far as I am concerned. If both start the season with CCFC, then I will give SISU some credit for putting the Team first rather than their "investment". If they go, then we know exactly their intentions. So far, they have been crap owners - this situation will tell me if they can redeem themselves and what their intentions are.
I'm not holding my breath.......

Not exactly. If Cranie don't want to stay they can't make him. Differebt matter with Keogh though

Perryccfc

Just a thought, we have all slated SISU for letting players contracts run down and leave on a free when the could have got a fee with 12/6 months left, so with Keoghs' situation, saying he rejected the new contract, would you like to see the club sell him or do you think he's that important we keep him at whatever cost and hope he helps us to platform a challenge next season. Personally I think with or without keogh we will struggle to make top half anyway next season. So I would probably opt to sell him now if he declines the new contract...

Grendel

We should keep him. We need to offload platt and O'donovan and get 3 strikers and a combative midfielder in. Then we are in with a shout. We will have a good defence at this level.

ccfcway

anything less than 1 million and we should keep him

even if we got 1 million, it wouldnt go to the team

so, in short, keep him !

chiefdave

Just a thought, we have all slated SISU for letting players contracts run down and leave on a free when the could have got a fee with 12/6 months left, so with Keoghs' situation, saying he rejected the new contract, would you like to see the club sell him or do you think he's that important we keep him at whatever cost and hope he helps us to platform a challenge next season. Personally I think with or without keogh we will struggle to make top half anyway next season. So I would probably opt to sell him now if he declines the new contract...

if you were the suspicious type you could think they've let it be known they're offered him a new contract so that if / when he turns it down they can then say they've got no choice but to sell him. offering him a contract doesn't mean they've offered him what he's worth or what he wants, for all we know they've offered him less than he's on now.

Users who are viewing this thread