Assets (1 Viewer)

Baginton

usually in the first few days of administration, the administrator sells all the best most valuable players (assets), normally at much reduced rates, other clubs circle around like vultures around a dying carcus of said football club!

No sure if this is possible this stage of the season, but i'd be suprised to se many first teamers play much more.

mid table obscurity, hoping to get the games fulfield, limping to the end of the season.

off pitch activity is going to more more exciting than on field activities, but dont expect things to happen at a fast pace :facepalm:

Skyblueweeman

No offence, but very wide of the mark. Most of our players are freebies or loans and wouldn't command fees...we're not going to lose our best players. And when clubs go into administration, the vultures don't circle like they do after relegation. I can't think of one club that's lost its better players due to administration. Might be wrong but think you're post is far too pessimistic than needs be.

WM

chiefdave

the transfer windows not open so that won't be happening. what we need is for things to be wrapped up quickly so we don't lose anyone we may want to keep when it does open.

ccfcway

role up role up

do they want to buy the injured one, the one overweight one, the one who cost £400k and has scored 4 goals, the one who is a local hero and has scored 1 goal, the ex chelsea striker who has NEVER scored a professional goal, or Kevin Malaga

Pretty sure even if the window was open there wouldnt be too many banging our door down.

Pompy had David Connolly up front on sat...

spwaverley4916

i thought that the part that was in admin, at this moment in time - does not 'own' the players and therefore the administrator would not therefore be able to sell any of them

Wrightdog

usually in the first few days of administration, the administrator sells all the best most valuable players (assets), normally at much reduced rates, other clubs circle around like vultures around a dying carcus of said football club!

No sure if this is possible this stage of the season, but i'd be suprised to se many first teamers play much more.

mid table obscurity, hoping to get the games fulfield, limping to the end of the season.

off pitch activity is going to more more exciting than on field activities, but dont expect things to happen at a fast pace :facepalm:

CCFC Holdings Ltd that owns the players is as it stands, is not in administration so even if they were worth anything, the couldn't sell them!

AFCCOVENTRY

Why would the administrator want to sell these assets?

Girls-And-Cleavage-002.jpg

coundonskyblue

I still can't understand that CCFC Ltd is effectively the Club. Therefore how can the players be registered with an entity that isn't the club?

AFCCOVENTRY

The golden share and players registrations must be in the same company. If not... FL and FA will come down on the club like a ton of bricks. Then we are talking -20 etc.

Let's hope this isn't the case.

coundonskyblue

The golden share and players registrations must be in the same company. If not... FL and FA will come down on the club like a ton of bricks. Then we are talking -20 etc.

Let's hope this isn't the case.

I don't understand why its taking the FL so long to say where the players are registered and why it took 4 days to say where the league share is registered.

It should take them 5 minutes to look it up on a database. They are not coming out of this looking good in my opinion.

Skyblueweeman

Maybe that's a worrying sign Coundon. My concern is that if we've tried to 'alter' things behind the FLs back as to where the share actually lies, then we'd be properly in the poo. That's proper cheating as we'd be trying to con the powers that be in trying to avoid a 10 point deduction (min) and for that, we'd be punished heavily.

WM

AFCCOVENTRY

I don't understand why its taking the FL so long to say where the players are registered and why it took 4 days to say where the league share is registered.

It should take them 5 minutes to look it up on a database. They are not coming out of this looking good in my opinion.

The problem at the moment is the FA and FL are saying the golden share and players regs are in the CCFC LTD company. However the big issue is ARVO/SISU are denying this saying they are in the Holdings Ltd company.

If ARVO/SISU moved this without telling the FA after June 2012 then god help us with a points reduction.

coundonskyblue

Maybe that's a worrying sign Coundon. My concern is that if we've tried to 'alter' things behind the FLs back as to where the share actually lies, then we'd be properly in the poo. That's proper cheating as we'd be trying to con the powers that be in trying to avoid a 10 point deduction (min) and for that, we'd be punished heavily.

WM

Thats how it appears to me as well.

There is only two reasons for the leagues delay. Either:

The league are just incompetent (Whilst this is true I wouldn't have thought to this level)

Or, Sisu have moved things out of CCFC Ltd without FL being informed. The FL are now covering themselves and making sure they haven't given permission for it before handing out the punishments.

Colin1883

off pitch activity is going to more more exciting than on field activities, but dont expect things to happen at a fast pace :facepalm:[/QUOTE

Are the players not creditors (contracts) ?...

Nonleagueherewecome

I still can't understand that CCFC Ltd is effectively the Club. Therefore how can the players be registered with an entity that isn't the club?

This is totally doing my nut in. Initially Fisher was saying the two companies are unrelated, whereas now he should be bloody well pleading that they are intrinsically fused and to all intents and purposes the same company! Otherwise it could well be -20 points. In non league I think it's -3 points per ineligible player used....

Nonleagueherewecome

As far as player sales go, well of course players can leave when a club is under embargo-Cameron went out on loan today for a start.

In terms of long-term who we could lose from our present squad, I can see maybe Murphy, Baker, Adams, Christie and maybe even Wilson attracting bids of 20-50k. Perhaps as much as 100k for Baker! Barely enough to bother. The rest generally are out of contract in a few months anyway or simply valueless.

I am actually glad Leon's injured now...

Baginton

At Luton they lost all their decent players when they went into Administration, they were due to play away to Liverpool in the FA cup after drawing 1-1 at Kenilworth Road and asked if they could keep these players for the game, and It was Brendon Guilfoyle(the guy on CWR this morning) who said no. and they were all sold, Kevin Foley, Chris Coyne the captain, Dave Edwards etc
They'd already lost David Bell to Narwichhhhh :whistle:

ALL loanees we also returned to their parent clubs with immediate affect

Then the club could only deal in cash/debit, all credit facilities was frozen.

I think you can drop to a squad with as little as 20 players.

It maybe differant with the other company not going into admin, I dunno, maybe SISU have a plan, lets hope so.

Baginton

off pitch activity is going to more more exciting than on field activities, but dont expect things to happen at a fast pace :facepalm:[/QUOTE

Are the players not creditors (contracts) ?...

As long as wages are up to date, they are owed nothing, I think when you go into admin, future contracts are written off.
but they are assets and will be sold to repay the proper creditors, which i'm guessing is SISU and that £60m figure.

it all depends on which company holds the contracts, maybe none of this will happen, depends how clever SISU's lawyers are.

Paxman II

I just have a sneaky feeling the FL at some point back compromised themselves to SISU's lot without realising it. ;)

Diehard Si

If it turns out we've been playing with football players and football shares in different companies, points deductions will be the least of our worries.

It would be more a case of the FL throwing a dart at the league pyramid and telling us what division we are in next year depending on where it lands.

Users who are viewing this thread