Ashley Cole... (1 Viewer)

kg82

Now, he may be a bit of an idiot, and he should know better, but who actually disagreed with his "tweet" yesterday?!

Marty

what did he say? I've only just signed up to it & having a right nightmare with it so far.

kg82

Basically wasn't happy being called a liar by the fa and said they were a bunch of twats! I couldn't agree more! Pencil pushers that don't have a clue, I would add.

Marty

Hes pritty spot on. :claping hands:

TheHellion

He may be spot on, but I found it a very silly thing to do. All he's going to get is trouble even though he's apologised and deleted it. Saying things like that on something like Twitter just isn't worth it.

Grendel

How anybody can hold this immature c-unit in high esteem is beyond me

Agreed he has the intellect of a 3 year old.

LastGarrison

But the FA are basically saying he committed perjury.

If I was Cole I'd throw my solicitor a few quid to take it further just to rile the FA a bit.

Tad

Don't like him, but despite being poorly worded, I pretty much agree with him. He should of just called the FA out about the fact they think they know better then a court of law. Can't believe how untouchable these sort of businesses think they are. Blatter and FIFA are even worse too!

kg82

How anybody can hold this immature c**t in high esteem is beyond me

Woah woah woah! Who holds him in high esteem? And it depends what you're talking about. As a footballer surely he MUST be regarded in high esteem, being one of, if not the best, left backs in the World. Sure, as a person the media have certainly painted the picture of an immature, despicable human being. Even then, like LastGarrison has pointed out, he's been accused by the FA of not being a credible witness which he was used in a court of law as. Hence the rant on twitter - ill advised and he should know better, but I didn't disagree with it along with, it seems, quite a few others.

Grendel

Has anyone actually read the transcript of the case?

Grendel

Woah woah woah! Who holds him in high esteem? And it depends what you're talking about. As a footballer surely he MUST be regarded in high esteem, being one of, if not the best, left backs in the World. Sure, as a person the media have certainly painted the picture of an immature, despicable human being. Even then, like LastGarrison has pointed out, he's been accused by the FA of not being a credible witness which he was used in a court of law as. Hence the rant on twitter - ill advised and he should know better, but I didn't disagree with it along with, it seems, quite a few others.

Have the read the transcript of the court case and in particular the Judges views on Cole as a witness?

kg82

Have the read the transcript of the court case and in particular the Judges views on Cole as a witness?

Nope, I haven't. And to be honest, I don't really care. I'm not getting into some deep, moralistic conversation on the case. I'm saying I agreed with Cole's outburst against the fa. And I'm not veering from or changing that statement. This is not an overview of Ashley Cole's life and career, merely a specific look at that statement.

CCFCSteve

Nope, I haven't. And to be honest, I don't really care. I'm not getting into some deep, moralistic conversation on the case. I'm saying I agreed with Cole's outburst against the fa. And I'm not veering from or changing that statement. This is not an overview of Ashley Cole's life and career, merely a specific look at that statement.

But Coles outburst was in response to what the FA said about the terry case.

Whether you agree or disagree with what Cole said, to tweet it was just stupid. Its like the person who went on facebook and said their boss was an idiot (or words to that affect)

Grendel

Well the High Court was not especially complimentary about his witness statement.

I don't understand the outburst. The high court transcript and interpretation of events meant the FA had no choice but to find Terry guilty. Equally they were wholly correct in the assessment of Cole. His evidence was inconsistent to put it kindly.

Do you think it is correct that he changed his witness statement after an apparent intervention from David Bernard? Don't you think the F A were correct to question the inconsistency? I do.

Grendel

You are clearly not Ashley Cole then.

Macca

Like most footballers, plenty hold him in high esteem. I think he s a cock personally.

Good player, complete moron.

Perhaps a newspaper article with an intelligent defence. No, on to twitter talking like an uneducated fool

Sutty

People still seem not to understand that Terry's charge in a court was a different one to the one he was charged with by the FA.

Grendel

People still seem not to understand that Terry's charge in a court was a different one to the one he was charged with by the FA.

No they don't. All that had to be proved was that Terry used racially aggrevated language. Not too difficult as he admtted this in a court of law. Also his "defense" was classed as unrelaible in the law courts. As for Cole if he had half a brain he would leave the old Twitter account alone. His evidence was also classified in the original case as questionable and this was without the knowledge that the original interview with the F A was subsequently altered 10 months later to include the word Black to assis the Terry defence.

Let's just remind ourselves about Cole and his credibility.

- He is a charming chap clearly not motivated by commercial gain. Remember he almost crashed his car when he heard Arsenal were only offering £55,000 a week
- He decided to take his Lambourghini for a spin doing 100 in a 50 zone and claiming the speed gun was faulty and the paparazi were in persuit. No one believed him
- He shot a work experience student with an air rifle.
- He has been arrested for being drunk and disorderly

Actually I do not know what is more amusing. Terry's ludricous defence or the fact he had Cole as his character witness - that you cannot make up.

This ghastly duo sum up so much that is wrong with society. They deserve each other and anyone that supports them deserves the cynical, commercial and divided society we have.

Users who are viewing this thread