Sky Blue Pete

Nov 24, 2012
Did you or anyone in sbt sign anything when you spoke to sisu and asked questions? Can you take legal advice as I don't think sisu can stop you printing the answers they gave. I am not a lawyer but I think they are using their power like an abusive parent and that can't be ok. I would think everyone on here would love to see the answers they gave after today. Failing that the court proceedings have been withdrawn so I can't understand their sub judecy argument still being valid. Come on share the answers please? Finally I suppose you could ask permission from sisu given there is no longer a court case

skybluesam66

Mar 29, 2011
print it in the name of trust limited - send them into admin, and continue as trust holdings

Nonleagueherewecome

Mar 27, 2011
print it in the name of trust limited - send them into admin, and continue as trust holdings

Just as brilliant as the post earlier about Tim Fisher's name :)

Godiva

Mar 23, 2011
Did you or anyone in sbt sign anything when you spoke to sisu and asked questions? Can you take legal advice as I don't think sisu can stop you printing the answers they gave. I am not a lawyer but I think they are using their power like an abusive parent and that can't be ok. I would think everyone on here would love to see the answers they gave after today. Failing that the court proceedings have been withdrawn so I can't understand their sub judecy argument still being valid. Come on share the answers please? Finally I suppose you could ask permission from sisu given there is no longer a court case

The Trust are not journalists - they are a body trying to work with the club.
The Trust tries to be the supporters voice.
If the club gives them information - that is openness and transparancy. What we all want.
If the club says: Here are answers to the questions you have asked, but please do not make them public while the court case is pending - then the club show confidence to the Trust members, and that confidence should be honored.
The answers will become public knowledge at some point in time - just not right now.
And it won't make a difference as most people doesn't believe a word the club says anyway.

Delboycov

Mar 26, 2011
The Trust are not journalists - they are a body trying to work with the club.
The Trust tries to be the supporters voice.
If the club gives them information - that is openness and transparancy. What we all want.
If the club says: Here are answers to the questions you have asked, but please do not make them public while the court case is pending - then the club show confidence to the Trust members, and that confidence should be honored.
The answers will become public knowledge at some point in time - just not right now.
And it won't make a difference as most people doesn't believe a word the club says anyway.

So what are your thoughts on SISU atm then Godiva? Still think they're doing a great job?

Nonleagueherewecome

Mar 27, 2011
I find it hard to believe that any Coventry City fan can say that we shouldn't know what those answers are!

skybluesam66

Mar 29, 2011
No - if the trust represents all supporters, there should not be hierarchy of supporters - sorry Godiva you are wrong

Godiva

Mar 23, 2011
I find it hard to believe that any Coventry City fan can say that we shouldn't know what those answers are!

I didn't say that - did I?
I said The answers will become public knowledge at some point in time - just not right now.

Godiva

Mar 23, 2011
No - if the trust represents all supporters, there should not be hierarchy of supporters - sorry Godiva you are wrong

I don't think the trust claim to represent ALL supporters - only the members.

theferret

Oct 14, 2012

If they have an agreement with the club, and the answers were only provided on the basis that the agreement should be honoured, well then it should be honoured.

SISU renege on agreements and they are rightfully criticised for it. The Trust are right not to publish those answers.

Sky Blue Pete

Nov 24, 2012

The answers were given to the fans not the trust. The answers are for all of us. No point answering if thru can't be published.

They may as well have said no comment and stick two fingers up to any transparency!!

Also it is not a matter of not believing them it is that I fear they will have answered the questions with answers that are now different and their honesty will be laid bare for all to see

Just want something to hold up to you and Stuart linell to say there see you can't trust a word they say

Sky Blue Pete

Nov 24, 2012
If they have an agreement with the club, and the answers were only provided on the basis that the agreement should be honoured, well then it should be honoured.

SISU renege on agreements and they are rightfully criticised for it. The Trust are right not to publish those answers.

I agree if there was an agreement yes I agree however if some of the answers given have now proved to be false I think the agreement is null and void

skybluesam66

Mar 29, 2011
I don't think the trust claim to represent ALL supporters - only the members.

so i pay a pound to join the trust and i can get the answers - or are you saying the trust has a hierarchy of fans

I guess i know the answer - and that is what is wrong with it

Nonleagueherewecome

Mar 27, 2011
so i pay a pound to join the trust and i can get the answers - or are you saying the trust has a hierarchy of fans

I guess i know the answer - and that is what is wrong with it

I will join if I get the answers; for the reasons you outline, I will not if I don't!

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Dec 9, 2011
Coventry
I'm a member of the trust and don't know the answers I would also like to know BUT I will wait until the trust publish these answers. Why should we? The answer is trust ie if asked to do something by any of the other partiesthe Trust can be trusted not to blab but will be responsible. In any group or organisation there will always be certain individuals who know more than others. when the Trust hsve in the past had information they have always shared it just like they will this

Perryccfc

Aug 2, 2011
What bullshit. You can't call yourselves a trust representing the fans of Coventry City and then withhold any information that has anything to do with Coventry City. Basically your a group of lads who know something who just happen to all support ccfc. Don't claim to be a representation of the fans if you won't share information.

Brighton Sky Blue

Jan 11, 2012
Coventry
The club has seen fit to release countless statements since ACL first applied for admin. I fail to see what harm it will do now.

Godiva

Mar 23, 2011
A few months ago when the Trust first said their goal was to make sure the fans got shares and representation on the board I said that would eventually make the Trust hostages as they would be part of decisions not all fans would applaud.
Well, this thread is the first taste of just that.
Imagine what would happen if a Trust member is part of a board that decides to close the acadamy or sell the top scorer to fund losses?

But I still think the Trust are right in not publishing the answers until the club says they can.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Dec 9, 2011
Coventry
What bullshit. You can't call yourselves a trust representing the fans of Coventry City and then withhold any information that has anything to do with Coventry City. Basically your a group of lads who know something who just happen to all support ccfc. Don't claim to be a representation of the fans if you won't share information.

Ive already told you I dont know the answers Im just 1 of 1000 odd so what happens all of us go up to Fisher and ask these questions no you send representatives they tell you we will only give you answers under these conditions you have to accept that. That is not bullshit

Steve.B50

Jan 27, 2012
If your on the board of the a trust or any sort of legally bound group you have certain responsibilities. Am sure they will publicise them as soon as they are sure it's not going to cause further problems.
Am sure we all want to read them.

leicesterskyblue

Mar 16, 2013
The trust represents the members of the trust, which is a group of fans, and membership is open to anyone who pays their pound.

I'm a member of Unison, but I don't know what was said in the pay negotiations with central government, I get headline facts when things are solid and am asked to vote to accept or not. However if the union were to blab every little thing then that would undermine talks and would prevent open and honest negotiations. ( not that i think SISU are capable of being honest about anything!)

SBT isn't at that stage yet, however it may be the case in the future or it might not get that level of support.

If you dont like the concept of the SBT fine, but if you want to criticise them then set up your own supporters group and see how much better you do.

I'm NOT a member of SBT, but think they do have value

Sky Blue Pete

Nov 24, 2012
If all goes according to plan the answers will be on the Trust website tomorrow.

Brilliant I think that will be another death knell for fisher and sisu.

I recognise being in the know on things can only come with a gag but avoid this wherever I can personally and professionally. I wondered what had been agreed initially and given what has happened whether this is still valid. No animosity towards jan at all

SkyblueBazza

Jun 19, 2012
Ive already told you I dont know the answers Im just 1 of 1000 odd so what happens all of us go up to Fisher and ask these questions no you send representatives they tell you we will only give you answers under these conditions you have to accept that. That is not bullshit

I agree with what you say. This is where that corporate bullshit "transparency comes into play", along with that power thing you & I discussed the other night. SBT wants to know stuff, & even find stuff out in the name of & with the trust of the fans...but the fans cannot trust them to represent them with total transparency & gain complete understanding & knowledge for themselves! Is that because we are less worthy of knowing? What possible reason would there be for other parties to share stuff with SBT representatives but only on condition that assurances/reassurances/knowledge/ understanding are withheld from the rest of us...other than on the face of it "divide & conquer"???

TurkeyTrot

Nov 12, 2012
Brilliant I think that will be another death knell for fisher and sisu.

I recognise being in the know on things can only come with a gag but avoid this wherever I can personally and professionally. I wondered what had been agreed initially and given what has happened whether this is still valid. No animosity towards jan at all

And there shouldn't be any animosity towards Jan. the questions were put to ACL and SISU who were told prior that it was the Trusts intentions so publish the answers. This was agreed by both parties. Once the answers were compiled the Trust, out of courtesy, contacted both ACL and SISU to advise the answers they were going to publish. ACL didn't have a problem. SISU came back with the sub judice message.
It wasn't anyone's intention to hold back any info, the trust was infact, attempting to gain info to clarify the situation.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Dec 9, 2011
Coventry
I agree with what you say. This is where that corporate bullshit "transparency comes into play", along with that power thing you & I discussed the other night. SBT wants to know stuff, & even find stuff out in the name of & with the trust of the fans...but the fans cannot trust them to represent them with total transparency & gain complete understanding & knowledge for themselves! Is that because we are less worthy of knowing? What possible reason would there be for other parties to share stuff with SBT representatives but only on condition that assurances/reassurances/knowledge/ understanding are withheld from the rest of us...other than on the face of it "divide & conquer"???

Presumably there was some legal line that the reps of the trust were afraid to cross. If I had been told the answers I would now probably be sued. Transparancy you will get these answers but how many truthfull answers debatable how many have we had from sisu in the past?

TurkeyTrot

Nov 12, 2012
Presumably there was some legal line that the reps of the trust were afraid to cross. If I had been told the answers I would now probably be sued. Transparancy you will get these answers but how many truthfull answers debatable how many have we had from sisu in the past?

Good point but we can only go with the answers we're given. I suppose if two court cases, an administrator, the football league and ACL can't find the golden share we were struggling to get some clarity from the offset :)

SkyblueBazza

Jun 19, 2012

Yes...I think you've helped organise my thoughts on SBT more rationally there. They have good intention - that I do not doubt. Unfortunately the powers that be exploit/use/manipulate such organisations for both/either their own intentions which can be good or bad for those the SBT represent.

Users who are viewing this thread