As we play Sunday; we could be in the relegation zone Sat night (1 Viewer)

ampthill_sba

If results go against form...we could actually be in the relegation zone by 5pm tomorrow. When we kick off v Stevenage it could be to get out of the bottom 3.

Predict Saturdays results and see if we're in it!

scroobiustom

I really don't see the point of this

Liverpool are in the bottom 3 in the prem and they aren't going down - move on

ampthill_sba

Yeovil v Bournemouth (away win)
Brentford v Colchester (away win)
Bury v Preston (home win)
Swindon v Leighton (away win by 3 goals)

Pompey not playing Saturday either

Results in brackets would mean bottom three on Sat night would be:

Coventry
Portsmouth
Scunthorpe

Unlikely of course but if this happened imagine the pressure on our team on Sunday!

Last edited:

scroobiustom

I'll piss off, thanks for the advice...

skybluedaze

Not a nice thought but still early days. I don't fancy Cov beating Stevange on Sunday either, so it could be the bottom 3 for the forseeable future.

Gaz

Not a great thought is it. :(
I know it is early days and a long way to go still in the season, but this just shows what a kick up the arse some of our players need. :slap:

skybluedaze

Some need more than a kick up the arse. Question is, what manager would be able to do it? Other than that fool Di Canio.

Gaz

Dennis Wise, Kevin Blackwell and Mark Robins imo would be the type of managers that wouldn't be soft on the players.

Sky Blue Sheepy

Don't see Dennis Wise being what we need personally. As for the bottom 4, shouldn't even be looking at table for the first 10 games - puts needless pressure on the players.

Gaz

Don't see Dennis Wise being what we need personally. As for the bottom 4, shouldn't even be looking at table for the first 10 games - puts needless pressure on the players.

What puts you off him then Sheepy ?

ampthill_sba

Agreed...but it's there... Every paper, on SSN, in the programme, on the FL show, on the iPhone...you can't avoid it!! And neither can they!!

Sky Blue Sheepy

What puts you off him then Sheepy ?
I'll admit I'm not 100% sure.

It might be that good players don't always seem to make the best managers. It could be that, to me at least, he'd end up being 'one of the lads'.
I've always liked managers who are older than their players - people seem to look up to them more and they aren't soft on the players. People have said Wise would be like this but I can't see it.

stupot07

It might be that good players don't always seem to make the best managers. It could be that, to me at least, he'd end up being 'one of the lads'.
I've always liked managers who are older than their players - people seem to look up to them more and they aren't soft on the players. People have said Wise would be like this but I can't see it.

That's pretty much my thinking along with the fact he's been out of management for 4 1/2 years and left his management jobs pretty quickly for better offers so has never shown the willingness to see a project through.

Gaz

I agree that good players don't allways make good managers, you only have to look at Gary McAllister to prove that.

Though I feel Wise would have respect from the players instantly, not because of his playing days, but because of his personality.
Put it this way, he will break your jaw if you get in his way :slap:

italiahorse

If results go against form...we could actually be in the relegation zone by 5pm tomorrow. When we kick off v Stevenage it could be to get out of the bottom 3.

Predict Saturdays results and see if we're in it!

Yawn. If we loose all our games this season we will be relegated.
Glad I don't drink with you guys I'd have to go out without shoe laces or a belt to stop the night ending badly............

ampthill_sba

Yawn. If we loose all our games this season we will be relegated.
Glad I don't drink with you guys I'd have to go out without shoe laces or a belt to stop the night ending badly............

I never mentioned that we would lose a game.

You read the thread title, opened it and commented = dull enough to drink with us anyway

ccfcway

And one win tomorrow and we could potentially be just two points of the play offs......:whistle:;)

well, now 19th in League One, again today is officially the lowest we have been in my lifetime, beating yesterday, which was also the lowest !

Lets hope your right pal !

Users who are viewing this thread