As our crossing was so bad abd usually is .... (1 Viewer)

Otis

Just wondering why AT hasn't been on the look out for a winger/wide player rather than another striker?

Don't get me wrong, we do need another striker, but what point do strikers serve if you don't get the ball into them in dangerous positions?

Seems he has always been focused on centre midfield and attack, when a wide player could make all the difference.

Should read as "As our crossing was so bad AND usually is."

pusbccfc

Agreed bakers crossing was, let's say average first half and woeful in the second.

Mcsheffery looked a lost sheep today and couldn't whip in a half decent ball.

The two full backs also were poor going forward today, struggling to find a decent ball into the box today.

Perryccfc

Every cross either hit the first man or went over everyone! It was so frustrating. But that's cov

Pigeon

Didn't Thorn say at the beginning of the season "we don't play with wingers"? Quite clearly were trying to and not doing a great job at it. A quick winger with the ability to cross a decent ball into the box is a must as the front men simply have no service.

Otis

Doesn't have to be a winger though. Just a wide player with the ability to cross the ball.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Doesn't have to be a winger though. Just a wide player with the ability to cross the ball.
The thing is also Bell and Sheff do have decent crosses on them, it is just most time there crosses are lazy swings of the foot without any prior thought.

Covstu

I think it doesn't help when we do not play positive football, we pass it around nice but not bloody forward!

Otis

The thing is also Bell and Sheff do have decent crosses on them, it is just most time there crosses are lazy swings of the foot without any prior thought.

Bell doesn't. Well he can cross, but it's a ratio of one good cross for every 5 shit ones. Just how many times do his crosses not even get past the first defender?

I mean someone who can cross the ball regularly accurately into the opposition box.

Users who are viewing this thread