Article: Kev Monks Wins Fan of the Year (1 Viewer)

bradwellskyblues

kev monks

kev monks wins fan of the year at football league awards many congratulations

Nick

Administrator
Congratulations :)

He is a very loyal fella and would quite happily do anything for CCFC.

Well done Kev :)

baggers

I don't know the guy, but after reading up on all the stuff he has done for City, it sounds like he truly deserves it. Well done Kev!

Voice_of_Reason

Well done Kev ! Met you for the first time at the Diamond Club AGM. Beeb supporting city since 1952 myself - gets in your blood ! Cheers, Keith (Voice of Reason)

Schoey

Kev,

Fair play, if not already the club should give you a life time season ticket..

Well done and here is to another 3,500 + Games

Schoey

Could always sit in the Managers chair... Lasted a few more games then most of them...

ccfcway

Bloody Brill...

Well done chap...

Pretty much the only Trophy anyone associated with CCFC will see this season

singers_pore

When you think that we have got a Baggies fan as life president (mcG&T) it makes you realize how badly CCFC has got it wrong over the past 15 years.

rob9872

It appears Kev is god around here so I'm about to make myself unpopular ...

Whilst I have nothing against the guy (I've never met him) and wish we had 10,000 more like him, is it really an achievement to go and watch your football team?

As I understand it he doesn't work (which also begs the question how can he afford it - none of my business but I guess we're all paying for him indirectly)

I, like many others, attend all home games and the occasional away game when family time/finances permit. Does this make me any less of a fan than him? Would I suggest that I was a better fan because I live local and attend more games than some of our posters on here because they live in Devon, Singapore or wherever? We are all Sky Blue for a common cause.

Perhaps I'm just a miserable so and so because I dislike most awards (especially all the luvvies in the Oscars etc). I guess if I'm honest, then only bravery awards have any significance for me.

Nick

Administrator
I wouldn't say he is a god, but I think the effort he goes to supporting the club (watching youth games, womens games etc) and his disability but I have never met him so couldn't comment on it truly.

I know what you mean about awards though, they can only vote on who is nominated but it takes the spotlights off those fools with hats as our token fans.

ccfcadz

I would say the club should give him a Life Long Season Ticket as a thank you...... but then again :D

Hugh Jarse

It appears Kev is god around here so I'm about to make myself unpopular ...

Whilst I have nothing against the guy (I've never met him) and wish we had 10,000 more like him, is it really an achievement to go and watch your football team?

A little harsh Rob. I don't think Kev benefits from good health and supports his local team with the kind of gusto that would make your average Man Utd fan shudder. I believe he thouroughly deserves this award and will also say that the club should give him some recognition in the form of a life time season ticket. If you are reading this Kev, don't hold your breath on that last statement.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Gonna have to sit on the fence on this Guys. I sort of agree that Kev deserves his recognition - and my congratulations go out to him, but having read rob9872's post, I tend to think he also speaks sense. I also HATE with a passion, all those awards ceremonies, albiet the film ones - Ozcabs, Daftas etc etc - they should be banned and forgotten about in my opinion, but when someone like Kev comes along and gets an award it kinda makes sense.
Damn it City! Just give the guy a free lifetime seat whereever he wants in the stadium! What does that cost a year compared to that dedication? Let's have a vote on it and send results into the Ricoh! :D

Users who are viewing this thread