Article about David Busst (1 Viewer)

Sbarcher

I was one of the people who wrote to David after his accident. I too shattered my tib and fib 2 years earlier complete with pins and plates. I was lucky as no infection appeared. Now, apart from a long scar the leg is as strong as ever. He was so unlucky to get the wound infected. Well done City for sticking by him.

fernandopartridge

How does the article manage to make the opening paragraph about Man United rather than the team visiting them, ignorant of the fact we were in a relegation battle.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

ProfessorbyGrace

Always liked David Busst, he was one of those players that didn’t make many gaffs, had good positional awareness and got the odd important goal. Unlike the other David (Rennie) who scored some decent goals, but was never a CB, in my opinion.

I recall Rob Gurney and Geoff Foster doing the commentary and being bemused at what was going on, in that 2nd or 3rd minute at Old Trafford. Until they saw the blood being washed off the pitch.

Awful injury, one of the worst leg breaks in professional football.

ovduk78

Always liked David Busst, he was one of those players that didn’t make many gaffs, had good positional awareness and got the odd important goal. Unlike the other David (Rennie) who scored some decent goals, but was never a CB, in my opinion.

I recall Rob Gurney and Geoff Foster doing the commentary and being bemused at what was going on, in that 2nd or 3rd minute at Old Trafford. Until they saw the blood being washed off the pitch.

Awful injury, one of the worst leg breaks in professional football.
I was at the match and it was at our end and our side of the pitch. When it happened Schmeichel ran up the pitch obviously distraught from what he had seen. Dion & Brian McClair stayed with David Busst and after he was stretchered off Schmeichel wasn't happy about coming back to his goal. Someone got a bucket of water and some towels to try and clear the pitch and I will never forget the water turning red as it was thrown on the pitch.

Chris1987

I was one of the people who wrote to David after his accident. I too shattered my tib and fib 2 years earlier complete with pins and plates. I was lucky as no infection appeared. Now, apart from a long scar the leg is as strong as ever. He was so unlucky to get the wound infected. Well done City for sticking by him.
I am in the same club. I got hit by a car crossing the road when I was 19 and ended up having a bone graft as the shattered bones didn't heal. Took 18 months to sort out fortunately with no infections. As soon as I saw his injury I knew what was ahead of him. Top bloke

Users who are viewing this thread