Arsene Wenger finished at ARSEnal? (1 Viewer)

scroobiustom

LastGarrison

I certainly feel Arsenal could do with freshening up and I think it may do them good to get someone new in.

There is no doubt that he has been an excellent manager but the club has stagnated a lot since the move to the Emirates, although I concede a lot of this is related to the lack of serious funds available, but it just feels like it's a club that needs new impetus.

However, I wouldn't want Wegner anywhere near the England job as I am not sure it is a job that would suit him and think he would prefer a more hands on position.

Saying that he has certainly had an eye for talent over the years. Franny Jeffers aside. ;)

ccfc2011

I think he's took them as far as he can they will never win a trophy with him in charge.

wingy

Think its no coincidense that Arsenals slip from the top two , is intrinsically linked to David Dein resignation.

scroobiustom

About 9 minutes on SBT

rob9872

Arsenal won't be a force not through mismanagement but because of the financial clout of the teams they are competing against. They are now effectively playing for fourth. Spurs have over achieved but Chelski, ManUre and Citeh all have the wage structure to out-bid Arsenal on almost anyone they want. It means they must keep finding golden kids and hope they out-perform seasoned pros which isn't consistently goimng to happen. Winning the fa cup and finishing 4th would be a decent season, but their expectant fans disagree and are impatient. I think they wil realise how good Wenger has been when he's gone.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I'm no particular fan of Arsenal or Wenger, but to give the bloke his due, he's been a good long-standing manager - 16 years - longer than some posters on here have been born! Maybe he deserves a rest (although old Red-Nose at Manure still plods on doesn't he!)

Users who are viewing this thread