Aron Gunnarsson (1 Viewer)

PVA

Just watching the Cardiff game and can't help but think we didn't make the most of Gunnarssons talents.

For Cardiff he has clear instructions to get in the box at every possible opportunity. Whenever the ball is played out wide he will make a run into the box so he can get on the end of crosses. In fact I'd say he gets on the end of more than the centre forward(s).

The stats just prove it: 6 goals in 130 league appearances, and 5 already for Cardiff this year in just over 20 games.

That is a ridiculous difference.

shmmeee

He started doing it more when Thorn took over.

Coleman and Boothroyd both seemed to misunderstand the importance of midfielders in attacking play. Part of the reason it was so boring to watch.

That said, I do think Christie has a better long throw.

The CableGuy

Scary to think that mere months after leaving us, him and Turner could be securing a trip to Wembley soon.

Just to rub it in, the BBC said earlier that both players were "good signings."

shmmeee

Scary to think that mere months after leaving us, him and Turner could be securing a trip to Wembley soon.

Just to rub it in, the BBC said earlier that both players were "good signings."

Less than a million for the pair: they were sale of the bloody century!

skybluesteve76

All I've seen him do tonight is throw his arms in the air when one of his team gets fouled or pass the ball backwards! Oh and just give the ball away in centre midfield leading to a chance for Palace.

All the best

scroobiustom

that Zaha looks a different class, wouldn't mind him on loan next season in league 1 :p

Lord_Nampil

He looks fitter and more intelligent with the ball than he ever did with us !!! It shows you his head was clearly never right after that first season!

pusbccfc

Very poor penalty shoot out!

Users who are viewing this thread