Armson & Dean (1 Viewer)

georgehudson

It was good to see 2 local (Nuneaton) players in the Brackley Town team that disposed of Gill'ham, with Ricketts retiring would it not be feasable to reel them in to the CCFC fold ?

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

It was good to see 2 local (Nuneaton) players in the Brackley Town team that disposed of Gill'ham, with Ricketts retiring would it not be feasable to reel them in to the CCFC fold ?
What position's do they play George H .

CJ_covblaze

Half the team and most of the staff are from round here. Jimmy Armson was at Nuneaton when I was there. He was a roaming centre mid that was good on the ball and had a good football brain. Could pick passes out nobody else could see. Was looked at by a few League Two clubs.

Walker looked capable at Championship level for City before he was released. Noon was highly rated too and it's always puzzled me why it didn't work out here for either one of them after they broke into the first team (at different times I must add). Both are good off the field staff now and I think they just play a bit when needed. Noon was a big loss to the academy. He left the same day Greggor Ricoh departed. Gaz Dean is a good defender at that level but not quite up to the standard needed in the FL.

rupert_bear

Nice to see Mr Waggott is continuing his remarkable influence since he joined Gillingham he had here and at Charlton Athletic.
Weren't the Gills favourites for promotion when he joined ?

CovisGod

I went to school in Brackley, was nice seeing them get a win last night,

They showed some real quality during that game. Armson stood out. Also Ndlovu ? Any relation to our Peter ?

Winny the Bish

Lewis Rankin is in that Brackley team as well. Always looked impressive in the academy but never got a chance in the 1st team.

Winny the Bish

It's the old Chris Stokes/Robbie Simpson conundrum. Some will be good and make the grade, others will struggle - just like all transfers.

ajsccfc

If you're playing non-league at 26 the chances of you rising up the divisions can't be great.

stupot07

If you're playing non-league at 26 the chances of you rising up the divisions can't be great.
Yep, its not like hes 21-22, he turns 27 in Jan. I'm not against looking at non league players, i just feel hes a few years too late.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

wingy

There are players at that level who reject the offer of lower league football on the premise of maintaining the everyday career, it can be as or more lucrative and obviously secure.

The Reverend Skyblue

No way ! How old are you ? I was called Cov throughout my whole childhood as I was the only Cov fan
Meet the third person who went to Magdalen, left in 1979/80. I grew up in nearby Croughton and then moved to Brackley when I left home. Lived on the French estate for years, Champion Court to be precise.
Also played for Brackley in the early eighties in their United Counties days . All my family are local to Brackley with some in Banbury and me mum still lives in Croughton.
Small world eh

Last edited:

ericagradus

No way ! How old are you ? I was called Cov throughout my whole childhood as I was the only Cov fan
33 now, only got my season ticket after I left school, but was always a Sky Blue. In Northampton now, so was hoping to catch Brackley game. I played a couple of seasons for the ladies on that pitch too. So nice

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Yep, all non-league players are good enough to play for England.
Never said they were , but there's always one that makes it . check the history books . :wacky:

The Reverend Skyblue

I'm a Chenderit boy from King's Sutton, now in London... been Cov fan all my life.... 30 now!
It is a small world. Played for Middleton Under 16 when growing up and had a longish relationship with a girl from Kings Sutton
Happy memories from my days hanging around those parts

Winny the Bish

There are players at that level who reject the offer of lower league football on the premise of maintaining the everyday career, it can be as or more lucrative and obviously secure.
That's exactly what Gaz Dean has done. Left Solihull Moors this summer after they got promoted to the Conference so he could stay as a part-time footballer and keep his job at Jaguar Land Rover.

CovisGod

No way ! Wonder if any of the Magdalen lads know any of my family ? My surname is McConnell, my Mums was Tims, both went to Magdalen, I'm 30, Mums 50. The lad who's 33 is a bit weird as we'd have been there same time

Joy Division

That's exactly what Gaz Dean has done. Left Solihull Moors this summer after they got promoted to the Conference so he could stay as a part-time footballer and keep his job at Jaguar Land Rover.

Pretty sure Solihull Moors are still part-time right?

The Reverend Skyblue

No way ! Wonder if any of the Magdalen lads know any of my family ? My surname is McConnell, my Mums was Tims, both went to Magdalen, I'm 30, Mums 50. The lad who's 33 is a bit weird as we'd have been there same time
As I'm 53 I know two people called Timms ,but not Tims as you say so it could be someone totally different.
Brother and sister Marie and her brother Kevin who obviously would be your uncle.They were a couple of years younger than me which fits in with your timeline but as I say they were Timms.
If it is them I know them reasonably well.

Last edited:

ericagradus

Not a lad, a lass. Erica. Why weird? ?

Users who are viewing this thread