Arena dilapidation costs - £12.9m over next 3 years (1 Viewer)

shmmeee

I can’t see Wasps returning. They have gates of sun £7k and the ground was the reason d’être for moving to Coventry.

Day-to-day, the CBS is arguably too big for us, let alone a rugby club.

As an asset though the pitch is earning £0 when it’s not used so any rent whatsoever will ameliorate that a bit.

Mucca Mad Boys

As an asset though the pitch is earning £0 when it’s not used so any rent whatsoever will ameliorate that a bit.

From Mike Ashley’s POV, you’re not wrong. But from a Wasps POV, losing the CBS has killed any reason for them to remain in Coventry. There really isn’t the interest from the city.

After you they went into admin, the Coventry project was dead. Avoiding admin was one of the stated aims of moving in the first place.

ccfcrob

GIRPI is a French manufacturer of piping systems produced from synthetic materials, used in place of copper and steel for domestic hot and cold potable wate, low temperature heating, chilled water, air conditioning, technical drainage and rainwater recovery networks.
Remind me to never sit next to you at a dinner party

shmmeee

From Mike Ashley’s POV, you’re not wrong. But from a Wasps POV, losing the CBS has killed any reason for them to remain in Coventry. There really isn’t the interest from the city.

After you they went into admin, the Coventry project was dead. Avoiding admin was one of the stated aims of moving in the first place.

Until I see a press release saying they’re playing in London next season I’m not assuming anything.

Mucca Mad Boys

Until I see a press release saying they’re playing in London next season I’m not assuming anything.

Even if they did decide to stay, they wouldn’t be a threat anymore. Their days are numbered and the interest just isn’t there for them to justify staying at the CBS.

fernandopartridge

Wasps' new owners have already made sounds about a return to London.

I'd imagine that anybody would want a fresh start, the move to Coventry was an unmitigated disaster resulting in their relegation. Why on earth would they ever move back here?

chiefdave

Didn't it once get said by the club at one of the meetings that we lost money putting on early round cup games because there weren't enough people there to cover costs?

Wasps would be losing money every week. They couldn't get a half decent crowd playing in the top division and giving tickets away, why would anyone be interested in seeing them in the Championship. If you want Championship rugby go watch CRFC.

shmmeee

Didn't it once get said by the club at one of the meetings that we lost money putting on early round cup games because there weren't enough people there to cover costs?

Wasps would be losing money every week. They couldn't get a half decent crowd playing in the top division and giving tickets away, why would anyone be interested in seeing them in the Championship. If you want Championship rugby go watch CRFC.

They clearly couldn’t cover the cost of the damage to the pitch they do either.

MalcSB

They clearly couldn’t cover the cost of the damage to the pitch they do either.
And the additional cost of maintaining a pitch at football quality if Wasps stayed there would have to be taken in to account in any rental agreement with them.

pusbccfc

Remember when Wasps fans thought they'd change the seat colour 😆

skyblue025

Wouldn't surprise me if Wasps stayed at the CBS in the short term. Where would they go back too in London who would give them a better deal than Ashley could offer? Also the newly built training ground is here. Having to find a new training ground and somewhere to play won't be easy in a 6-9 month period.

fernandopartridge

Wouldn't surprise me if Wasps stayed at the CBS in the short term. Where would they go back too in London who would give them a better deal than Ashley could offer? Also the newly built training ground is here. Having to find a new training ground and somewhere to play won't be easy in a 6-9 month period.

They found a place to play in Coventry reportedly over a much shorter period so it's not impossible and it's not as if those discussions will not have already started by their prospective new owners

SHUNT31

They found a place to play in Coventry reportedly over a much shorter period so it's not impossible and it's not as if those discussions will not have already started by their prospective new owners

Where have you heard this mate?

I pray it is not the CBS. I was/am very much looking forward to those badges being torn down.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

If they do I fully hope we’re given access to the main changing room. We’re likely to be paying more

crowsnest

Changing all the company names today

Arena Coventry 2006 now Acl Astute 2006
Arena Coventry now Acl Astute 2022
IEC Experience now Conference Astute

Users who are viewing this thread