Are we too nice? (1 Viewer)

shmmeee

Just saw this on Twitter. Was surprised by quite how much of an outlier we are. Should we be taking more yellows or is this something to be proud of?

Macca1987

When I look at some of the dark arts or professional fouls opposition teams employ against us, it makes me wonder why MR isn't building this into his training and pre match talks

pusbccfc

Yep, always have been under Robins.

Even Adi has calmed down since they've banned staff on the touchline.

There's no one in the side currently I'd want alongside me in a tear up at the pub. We'd be turfed out instantly.

matesx

There's no one in the side currently I'd want alongside me in a tear up at the pub. We'd be turfed out instantly.

Fadz looks handy

MalcSB

Is there any correlation between employing the DARK ARTS™ and getting better results? Otherwise I don’t see the point in trying to be something we’re not.
Doesn’t seem to have done Southampton and Ipswich any harm.

Ccfcisparks

How can you say that with skinhead Jake Bidwell?! He looks like he could take 5 blokes on at once

shmmeee

Is there any correlation between employing the DARK ARTS™ and getting better results? Otherwise I don’t see the point in trying to be something we’re not.

Looking at the graph not really, but we are such an outlier, and there were a few times on Wednesday where I thought “just take the yellow” when they were breaking. So maybe there’s room between naive and master of the dark arts we could move into.

shmmeee

Lets not pretend you’d like to meet Bidwell, Kitching, Thomas and Collins in a dark alley at night.

shmmeee

Of course if they’re proper dark arts they aren’t picked up by the ref and wouldn’t show on this. I noticed Soton who are pretty much the dirtiest team in the league were also good at moaning, sly shirt pulls the ref can’t see, etc.

mmttww

I wouldn't mess with Thomas or Bidwell and would be pretty glad to have them about for a scrap!

rob9872

I don't feel were getting bullied, but I would like to see us challenge the ref more like when Doyle would speak with ref. Fadz apart we're a bit public school boy I think with our captain choice in Kelly, Godden or Sheaf.

Skybluecol

We don't commit in many 50 50 challenges in the middle of the park or down the wings for my liking.....Hamer leaving would've had a massive impact on our stats from last season too I assume

SkyBlueSoul

I'm sure Eccles came steaming in once when someone took Jodi Jones out at the knee just after he'd come back form one of his ACL's. Was at St Andrews, want to say v Exeter but could be wrong.

clint van damme

There's nobody I know who I'd want beside me in a tear up at the pub that I'd want in my matchday squad.

hamertime

Been too nice on the pitch and off the pitch for too long. Giving teams huge allocations when they give us less. Sunderland West Brom Leicester Leeds just give em what they give us and if they charge more up the prices. We truly are tinpot

fernandopartridge

We were 13th in the Fair Play table last season and had the 9th highest number of yellow cards, no idea where this "we're too nice" stuff comes from.

Users who are viewing this thread