Are we heading for a 2 team City (1 Viewer)

BrisbaneBronco

With rumours that PH is looking to buy a stake in the Ricoh, could we be heading for a 2 team City.
If he goes ahead it will almost certainly close the door for SISU returning. SISU could sell the club to PH, but this is unlikely as TF says not for sale and if it was cannot see PH paying for something that is worthless.
SISU will have to go ahead with ground share and new stadium build, but before this happens they will fold.
Game over for SISU.

SkyblueBazza

I wouldn't bank on that. If SISU can engineer stuff the way they have this far...latest with Otium - one minute no funds, the next substantially out-bidding (& have to prove they can raise the funds) all others for Ltd. I wouldn't be surprised if when the time suits them best...they out-bid any potential Higgs share buyer. They just want out now & the council may be forced to accept Otium/Holdings as equal partners.

BrisbaneBronco

The only way it will work is if CCFC and Ricoh are owned by the same company.
SISU are not selling and if they did they would want back what they put into it.
So PH could buy a share in Ricoh and wait for SISU to agree to a sale after suffering huge losses due to their ridiculous ground share plan. This could take 2/3 years so can he make it work without a football team playing at the Ricoh for this period of time? Maybe, if there is also a deal with CCC to develop the surrounding area.
Whatever happens, can see no immediate benefit to CCFC, unless there is a dramatic u turn from SISU et al

simple_simon

With rumours that PH is looking to buy a stake in the Ricoh, could we be heading for a 2 team City.
If he goes ahead it will almost certainly close the door for SISU returning. SISU could sell the club to PH, but this is unlikely as TF says not for sale and if it was cannot see PH paying for something that is worthless.
SISU will have to go ahead with ground share and new stadium build, but before this happens they will fold.
Game over for SISU.

We all know that anything Fisher says is rubbish.
If you were JS, how long would you keep putting money into a team that is almost dead?.
If I were PH4 i would offer £10m now and tell her its £1m less each month till she says yes?.

The 50% of Ricoh is only part of the plan, lets not give up yet and keep the pressure on SISU/JS, forget the puppet Fisher.

Otis

We've only just got enough fans for a one team city!!! LOL!

Don't think that's true Brian.

There are 316,900 people in Coventry (2011 census) and there were well over 100,000 people out on the streets when we won the cup.

If we didn't have enough fans here we wouldn't be a city and would probably be a village or a hamlet.

There'd also only be a tiny train station and no Starbucks.

wingy

To the OP I very much doubt it, Would be spicy though.

Generations being bred to support one or other ,Splitting families apart,just what we need !!

It might just be the type of catylist to transform this City from football flat spot to football melting pot.

_brian_

There are 316,900 people in Coventry (2011 census) and there were well over 100,000 people out on the streets when we won the cup.

If we didn't have enough fans here we wouldn't be a city and would probably be a village or a hamlet.

Don't try and blind me with statistics, Otis!

BrisbaneBronco

Similar cities like for example, Bristol, Sheffield, Nottingham and Stoke(Port Vale), are able to support 2 teams so why not Coventry.
Like Otis, I looked at 2011 census and populations are similar.

singers_pore

I think PH4 should buy ACL and then make a threat to put out a new team. SISU would continue to lose money hand over fist and have no choice other than to sell CCFC to PH4. This could take a year or so for SISU to see sense but I am sure it would work. I would imagine Joy would be smart enough to make a quick sale if PH4 calls her bluff and buys ACL.

FWIW, my money is on PH4. I think it is clear to everyone that SISU are a busted flush with no realistic chance of building a new stadium. I just hope PH4 has the balls to call their bluff.

CovMatt1987

There is always a Starbucks......

Colin1883

At point of census...

How many students from out of cov were in the city the day of census, ( do they support city? ) - how many eu immigrants? ( do they support city? Doubtful etc etc etc

jimmyhillsfanclub

Cov have around 12000 regular fans & about 35000 band-wagon jumpers as the JPT joke proved.....

....2 teams in Cov would be about as successful & popular as the 2 teams in Bristol.....ie: not.

corniepaste

Cov have around 12000 regular fans & about 35000 band-wagon jumpers as the JPT joke proved.....

....2 teams in Cov would be about as successful & popular as the 2 teams in Bristol.....ie: not.

I disagree, they are both still there, they aren't in admin, they have more money, one is in a higher league. I don't want 2 teams, but if it forces sisu hand to sell ?

Bigelvesy

Is it possible, that haskell could buy half the ricoh and start a team to play there, then sisu refusing to budge take ccfc out of coventry for 3 years whilst new stadium is built.
The haskell run club does fairly well with average crowd for the leagues its in.
The sisu club eventually goes bust and haskell buys this club.
Is he able to merge the two together?

bigfatronssba

I couldn't see how 2 teams would work in the long term.

The new acl utd would get bigger crowds thank sisu fc in Walsall. If the acl team was successful then the sisu team would eventually go out of existence.

If sisu fc was successful then someone else would buy them and probably move them back to the Ricoh.

Coventry as a city isn't big enough for 2 major teams long term. By that I mean in geographical size. Two club towns have areas which determine who your team is, Coventry isn't like that.

singers_pore

Is it possible, that haskell could buy half the ricoh and start a team to play there, then sisu refusing to budge take ccfc out of coventry for 3 years whilst new stadium is built.
The haskell run club does fairly well with average crowd for the leagues its in.
The sisu club eventually goes bust and haskell buys this club.
Is he able to merge the two together?

I think that is exactly what will happen but the merger will not take 3 years - more like 1 year.

I don't believe SISU really intend to buy a new stadium, but even if they did try, they would never succeed. Too many obstacles - greenfield sites impossible, traffic access to Brandon very poor, local objections, failure to get planning approval, lack of money, construction company unwilling to build on credit, etc etc.

SISU are bluffing and I really hope PH4 has the guts to call their bluff.

italiahorse

If ACL have an empty stadium doing nothing then any game played there has no on cost.
The groundsman is already in place.
Just open the stand by the Jaguar Hall as a start.
The team would be in the lower leagues to start but by the time SISU have built the stadium they could be in Division 2.
Certainly the support would be in keeping with the number going to Walsall.
Unsure what teams are around that would give us the best chance. Nuneaton Boro renamed Coventry Borough.

Sterling Archer

2 team city? go and support Sphinx if you want a Coventry based club and can't to support us under SISU any longer.

AFC Phoenix Coventry. Yuck!

Users who are viewing this thread