Are we back tracking?? (1 Viewer)

wingy

Seems to be suggesting we may not bring too many IN If I've read It correctly.

Perhaps the reality Of SISU funding the Losses ,or Convincing the FL of a Player budget Of £2M. Is not As realistic when push comes To Shove!!
..we need to bring players into the club, and we have made plans for that.. Steven Pressley, Thu 11 Jul 2013
City boss Steven Pressley admitted he has made plans for when the transfer embargo is lifted...
Coventry City manager Steven Pressley has reiterated he will only 'sign the right type of player' and not rush into the market once the transfer embargo is lifted.

The City boss is currently preparing his squad for their first pre-season test against Blue Square Premier side Nuneaton Town at Liberty Way this Saturday.

The squad are going through their second week of pre-season training to prepare for the 2013/14 League One season which starts at Crawley Town on August 3rd.

Despite the club currently under a transfer embargo, Pressley admitted he has made plans to get players into the club, but only if they are the right type of player.

The Scot said: "I remain hugely optimistic about the season ahead having seen the committment and desire from the players' level of fitness this pre-season.

"I am aware we are thin on the ground and there is no doubt that we need to bring players into the club, and we have made plans for that.

"I will only bring in the correct professionals though. It is about bringing in the right personnal who will enhance the squad and add to what we deliver on the pitch.

"It is no secret we have got a reduced budget this season but that doesn't, and won't, mean the team can't make the supporters proud of what they see from Coventry City."

With a strong core of local and Academy players in the side, Pressley believes the 'unity' that brings is invaluable.

He continued: "I will still expect high standards and the players know that. I have been really encouraged by the standards the players have shown so far.

"The fitness levels are far ahead of what I would expect for this stage of pre-season and that is exactly what you ask for from your squad.

"We have a lot of young players and we do need to bring in some experienced professionals to complement that.

"However, when you bring players in through the Academy, the unity that brings is something money can't buy. There will be no excuses from us and fans should expect us to deliver a very high standard."

Read more at http://www.ccfc.co.uk/news/article/...right-players-908723.aspx#b44ldHvqFCe5dvJ4.99

Astute

Sounds like it to me.......unless he is looking at the wrong personnel.

Not brought in quickly............near the end of season if needed to help with relegation battle.

Astute

Maybe not brought in quickly so SISU can see how low the crowds are for our 'home' games if we end up playing in Northampton.

RoboCCFC90

"The right type of player" Yeah a CB!!

RoboCCFC90

But bellend went years ago....we still have Timmy

True Corperate Bullshitter or even Corporate Bitch sounds good.

Warwickhunt

must be difficult to remain upbeat like he does when he is totally hamstrung in doing his job

Nonleagueherewecome

Who needs signings? Youth players = Barcelona or Ajax, dontchyaknow!

CovMatt1987

I do feel sorry for SP to a certain extent but so far he is the king of pointless statements. I know theres probably not much he can say, and he is being asked questions - but this really is useless information. it tells us nothing in reality.

not really his fault and im sure he is pushed for quotes but its just another addition to the consistant list of frustrations that are streaming out of this football club.

Sky Blue Kid

I'm trying to think who SP reminds me of????......Oh yes!....Coleman, Hoofroyd, Thorn, only with a Scots accent!

ajsccfc

Well, you're not the only one...

woods_18_cap_doff_martin.jpg

Skillz

Users who are viewing this thread