Are WASPS owned by a hedge fund?

Discussion in 'Wasps' started by skybluebeduff, May 29, 2017.

  1. skybluebeduff

    skybluebeduff Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jun 28, 2011
    Messages:
    5,635
    Likes Received:
    1,747
    Location:
    Beduff
    Credit:
    £280.55
    Keep seeing plenty of arguments for this, anyone know who actually own WASPS?
     
  2. chiefdave

    chiefdave Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Sep 27, 2008
    Messages:
    22,875
    Likes Received:
    16,802
    Location:
    Coventry
    Credit:
    £6,710.26
    Moonstone Holdings, based in Malta, owns 100% of Canmango which owns 98% of London Wasps Holdings. The other 2% is owned by the amateur Wasps club still based in London.
     
  3. italiahorse

    italiahorse Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Nov 23, 2011
    Messages:
    13,461
    Likes Received:
    3,746
    Credit:
    £131.23
  4. oldskyblue58

    oldskyblue58 CCFC Finance Director

    Joined:
    Apr 16, 2010
    Messages:
    9,026
    Likes Received:
    13,538
    Location:
    Coventry
    Credit:
    £2,301.70
    Well this is where the confirmation statement filed by Wasps Holdings can be found

    WASPS HOLDINGS LIMITED - Filing history (free information from Companies House)

    It states that Derek Richardson owns directly or indirectly 75% or more of Wasps Holdings. Not sure if that makes Moonstone a hedge fund or not to be honest. I suspect it isnt

    The similar entry for SBS&L states they are still trying to find out

    SKY BLUE SPORTS & LEISURE LIMITED - Filing history (free information from Companies House)
     

Share This Page