Are things bad enough to force SISU out now? (1 Viewer)

grego_gee

the only way to do that would be a mass "stay home"

Paxman II

I think you must realise that football is a national sport liked by the majority and as such at local level has an almost patriotic following. The majority of folks won't even care who is running the club but will see we are poor at the moment but continue to go and watch their footy at their club.
Calling for a stay away demo is a non starter.

ashbyjan

The problem with a mass stay away is that the majority of our crowd are season ticket holders so SISU have the money already. So the only effect would be the 1000 or so walk ups.

sky blue john

Who the hell will come in and take us over?

It doesn't matter anyone will do. An appointed administrator will do a better job than Sisu.
We would be better off in administration at least the administrator will not bu ll sh it us with the promise of signings.
Hibbert tell me how Sisu are going to raise any funds when the parent company have lost investors money for the last two years.
The only assets Sisu have are the existing squad players and they can't even be trusted to sell them to get market value !!!

wingy

They may have taken the money already but it would still be productive to congregate outside or occupy the prawn sandwich entrance .I think even with the apathy in the posts above and allowing for SISU apologists 2---3 thousand could be achieved.STOP ROLLING OVER ITS TIME TO ACT !GET THE VANDALS OUT OF OUR CLUB. We have move this on now,the manager and team are hamstrung,achieving way beyond expectation in these circumstances,they hav'nt been turned over by anyone yet.what canthey do,they can't go on strike,Thorn can't show dissent although i wish he would .theonly thing they can do is hope for a transfer or this too mad,get 4 players sent off in a few games ,i beleive gets abandoned or resultannulled. we have to show they may have had the money but they dont control things.

Last edited:

dazzled2u

A match with less than 5k in the stadium would make the news headlines that's for certain!! That kind of publicity wouldn't be good for SISU as it would make national headlines or go even further.

Colonel Mustard

A match with less than 5k in the stadium would make the news headlines that's for certain!! That kind of publicity wouldn't be good for SISU as it would make national headlines or go even further.

SISU will service themselves. They are a hedge fund and their first obligation is to their investors, not the club. Bad publicity didn't stop Charles Koppel doing what he wanted to do with Wimbledon.

kg82

Why do people keep asking "who will come and take over"?! What do you want, for people to pluck a name out of the air?! Do you not think if administration happened then somebody would take over - I'm not saying it's a better option but it seems most people think that nobody would buy us out.

Hibbert

Why do people keep asking "who will come and take over"?! What do you want, for people to pluck a name out of the air?! Do you not think if administration happened then somebody would take over - I'm not saying it's a better option but it seems most people think that nobody would buy us out.

I hope we go into administration then if thats the case. 10 point deduction, we'd almost certainly be relegated. People say 'ooh we're going to be relegated anyway' no we're not, the performances have been good so far. Admin is a no go.

kg82

The performances have been good so far apart from in the final 3rd of the pitch, where the points are won. Selling one striker and bringing in another isn't the answer, we need to add players to a very thin squad. I want to stay up and I think it's possible, but only if some players are added to that squad. Unfortunately, I can't see that happening.

stupot07

I hope we go into administration then if thats the case. 10 point deduction, we'd almost certainly be relegated. People say 'ooh we're going to be relegated anyway' no we're not, the performances have been good so far. Admin is a no go.

Performance haven't been bad but we will not score the goals required to stay up, we've lost 21 goals from last season in king, Gunnar and turner and will sell the other 9 in jukebox. Yeah we've brought Parkin in but he is only gonna replace the goals that juke would have scored.

Last edited:

Nonleagueherewecome

They scored the same amount last season and Juke started more games.

Are you in Public Relations by any chance, Hibbert? You're doing a much better job of spinning this bullshit than Ken & Brody are! They'd probably pay you a decent wad for all your efforts..or are they already? :thinking about:

Hibbert

They are already. Doesn't get away from the fact they scored the same amount of goals though does it? Parkins a decent player at this level.

Colonel Mustard

It's not about wanting a specific name. That would be an unfair demand, of course.

It's more about wanting a profile of a possible buyer considering all that we know about the club. It's a money-hemorrhaging liability with zero assets. What kind of buyer has the money and the motivation to take that on?

From what I'd guess, I'd say SISU's strategy was to handle the debts for a couple of years, cut all non-first team costs to the bone, and then just invest in good young players who would help take the club to the Premiership for a quick flip profit. But it seems like they lost their bottle after 2008.

And I would assume that it'd be a similar type of buyer profile to take over from SISU. The super-rich would surely rather buy into a better-established club (PL, own ground, bigger fanbase). The only hope I can see would be some Coventry-raised tycoon doing it out of mercy, but do we really want to bet on that person being around?

kg82

It's not about wanting a specific name. That would be an unfair demand, of course.

It's more about wanting a profile of a possible buyer considering all that we know about the club. It's a money-hemorrhaging liability with zero assets. What kind of buyer has the money and the motivation to take that on?

From what I'd guess, I'd say SISU's strategy was to handle the debts for a couple of years, cut all non-first team costs to the bone, and then just invest in good young players who would help take the club to the Premiership for a quick flip profit. But it seems like they lost their bottle after 2008.

And I would assume that it'd be a similar type of buyer profile to take over from SISU. The super-rich would surely rather buy into a better-established club (PL, own ground, bigger fanbase). The only hope I can see would be some Coventry-raised tycoon doing it out of mercy, but do we really want to bet on that person being around?

I agree. I've come to the conclusion that we aren't getting bought out and administration is very very likely. When that will come I don't know but I'm sure it will. I don't want that, I'm sure most Cov fans don't but if it happens, it happens. I think if that were to happen it would make the club a more attractive proposition.

wingy

LIKE EVERTON? HOFFMAN being local but not tycoon

TommyAtkins

It is entirely possible that no one will want to buy us if the club goes into administration. Even if we decide that it is 99% likely that someone will step in with a bid, that is not 100% certain and therefore, there is an inherent risk.

That is a risk that we must all acknowledge. Hoffman has hinted that he might step in but Coventry City post-administration would not necessarily be seen as an attractive option.

Just because other clubs have found a buyer doesn't mean we will find one.

And again, some fans don't understand that even if a buyer emerges (Hoffman and his team, for example), the Administrator might decide to reject the bid because the club/business is not worth saving.

Administration now would see us in League One next season, with another shortfall of £4 million or so from the loss of Championship money.....this will require further cuts to the budget over and above the pay off to creditors, plus we will be facing a further reduction in attendances.

We are effectively in administration as is stands, being SISU our only creditor bar HMRC, the remaining assets are being stripped then the club will be left for someone else to pick whats left at the end of the season.

kg82

It is entirely possible that no one will want to buy us if the club goes into administration. Even if we decide that it is 99% likely that someone will step in with a bid, that is not 100% certain and therefore, there is an inherent risk.

That is a risk that we must all acknowledge. Hoffman has hinted that he might step in but Coventry City post-administration would not necessarily be seen as an attractive option.

Just because other clubs have found a buyer doesn't mean we will find one.

And again, some fans don't understand that even if a buyer emerges (Hoffman and his team, for example), the Administrator might decide to reject the bid because the club/business is not worth saving.

Administration now would see us in League One next season, with another shortfall of £4 million or so from the loss of Championship money.....this will require further cuts to the budget over and above the pay off to creditors, plus we will be facing a further reduction in attendances.

I've said I think administration will be bad but it is out of our hands, I cannot see any other outcome. Whether you want it or not is besides the point. So we best pray we get somebody coming in for us because if this was a normal business I'm pretty sure most people would think this isn't getting funded till the end of the year.

Users who are viewing this thread