Are sisu all that bad? (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Jack

Now I may find myself unpopular here after this post, but I just want to note a few points to all of the doubters of sisu on this page.

First of all, we all have to remember who it was that saved us from administration in 2007, when the financial world was totally different to what it is now. Bearing that in mind, they had the funds in the 1st place to have been investing in the team, recruits such as richard wood, clive platt, cody mcdonald, martin cranie, richard keogh have all come under the sisu reigime. It just so happens that this year we obviously haven't had the funds to spend on the team that we need to succeed, due to the crippling debts they are paying off each month for us, but everybody has just jumped on sisus backs and blamed them as soon as the money isn't there to be spent on players. We have had constant funding every single year for transfers from sisu, and as I said they are paying off phenomenal debts each month just to keep the club alive. With how different the financial world was nearly 6 years ago and how it is now, sisu obviously didn't expect the huge economic downturn Britain has suffered and thats why they bought the club in the first place; with every intention of bringing us forwards. Just last season, they were obviously running out of money and didn't give Andy Thorn a budget he would have been pleased with, but we can't single handedly blame sisu for that surely?

Now of course, I am not totally pro sisu- some of the clowns they have hired for the board, e.g Ken Dulieu and Leonard Brody have hardly helped themselves in terms of supporters backing, and this stupid transfer embargo is obviously stopping us from signing new players at the moment. But I do think that the constant sale of our better players is a main factor as to why we aren't moving forwards as a club. However, in order to help to pay off the massive debts we have, we obviously have to sell some of our better players ie. Danny Fox/Scott Dann/Gary McSheffrey/Lukas Jutkiewicz to help us to be able to have a transfer budget for the future. Football is a business, and as most of us well know you have to make a profit in a business, and you cannot make a profit by keeping all of your best players AND buying new ones. It just can't happen.

I would also put to you that we had by no means the weakest squad in the league last season; Sides such as Watford, Bristol City, Barnsley and Millwall all have similar squads to ours but where did they all finish and where did we? I think some of the blame has to be passed on to senior members of the side who at times didn't seem bothered, David Bell and Gary McSheffrey prime examples! And also Andy Thorns inability to change tactics and make substitutions in a game contributed to our poor season last term. Injuries also didnt help- Richard Wood out for most of the campaign, as was Carl Baker, Chris Hussey and Jordan Clarke for the first half of the season.

Last but not least, I would say that sides with the most money don't always necessarily have the best seasons; take blackpool for example. Promoted to the premier league with little to no funds in 2010 and reached another play off final this year due to the excellent management of Ian Holloway. Burnley did the same a year or so beforehand. Of course having financial stability always helps a club to progress, but its not all down to money.

Anyway enough of me typing, lets just hope for a better 2012/2013 and bounce back up to where we belong. Lets just get out of this transfer embargo 1st though. PUSB

Disorganised1

Yes Joy. They are.

Bennets Afro

Surely buying Better players can only make the team better, win more games, increase attendances, make more money and maybe get promoted

You ain't gonna do it on youth and freebies/loans alone

Sky Blue Jack

Yeh I know that, but you can't expect them to spend money they haven't got? It starts from the team and the manager achieveing everything they possibly can which they failed to do last season. Hopefully they will this time round

coundonskyblue

If they didn't have the money to turn the club around then why did they buy us?

The Northern Rock bank run happened in September 2007, from that point on everyone knew that a recession was just around the corner.

If they didn't see it coming then that makes them pretty poor business people. If they could see it coming then why did they buy us?

cloughie

A rather blinkered and niaeve op

Explain the super performance of sisu regarding the club

Ie extra money spent on a better contract for King 17 goals or there abouts, last season, would have saved them millions because we would still be in the championship

No idea how to run the club with a sucession of clueless puppets with the crem de crem being Dildo

I could go on and on the list is endless

Were have you been since sisu arrived

Last edited:

Sky Blues

Sorry Jack, your argument can be pulled apart line by line, but I can't be bothered to do it. The threads on this finance board contain many of the reasons many on SBT would disagree with you. The only bit where you may have a point is on whether Andy Thorn can take some of the blame - and that's why there are endless, repetitive and boring debates on the main board about it! And that's not an invitation to start another one on this thread! ;)

Sub

deluded.com.
SISU are a joke the way they have simply destroyed this club from top to bottom. they have sold or got rid of any player worth anything not always for the correct price. they have saddled the club with more and more debt secured loans against the club and mostly the thing that pisses me off the most is they treated the fans like shit when the protests were happening and they lie their asses off all the time. we have complete and utter clowns on the board, fisher , onyi, dickhead ken and all the other assholes who are taking a cut for there dodgy accounts in the cayman islands while we plumit like a stone down the divisions!!!!! how anybody can suggest they are not that bad is beyond me :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Last edited:

ccfc1973

are you smoking crack?...if they cant afford to run a football club then they should put us up for sale

Disorganised1

They are so bad they can't file accounts. They abandoned their business plan as soon as they met the first obstacle. They are so short-sighted they cannot see beyond the buck now.

Grendel

I don't think Jack quite gauged the mood of the people on this one.

dongonzalos

One word missing from your post Jack

Transparency, unless it is in there and I just saw through it.

Last edited:
B

Bobby Firenze

Maintain the groupthink party line, Jack. Do not put your head above the parapet. When referring to SISU you may only use negative terms; cancer, scum, vile, etc.

You will learn.

BrisbaneBronco

I blame SISU 100% for the mess we are in. If they had of invested last season we would still be in the Championship, and the cost would have been a lot less than lost revenue from relegation.
They cannot run a football club, total muppetts IMO

Sky Blue Jack

Fair enough guys, just thought I'd put a couple of points forward. As I said don't get me wrong I'm not pro sisu at all I think they've made some horrendous errors at the club and have told us nothing as to what is happening, but as I say just put a few opinions forward. Maybe I am wrong!

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Sorry but just exactly who was it that has been in control of the finances for the last 6 years ..... spending money the club cant afford, mis directing where money has been spent, failing to control or engage the executives good enough to do the job, maintaining us in a pre administration state, increasing our debts year after year, failing to address the financial issues, etc etc............. ?

yes there have been things done that were needed because we had no choice but generally done too late and because the essential financial fundamentals that have been there from the start were not addressed. SISU are supposed to be financially astute hard nosed business people. The issues have never changed in the last decade or more ...... surely SISU understood that ?

TommyAtkins

Now I may find myself unpopular here after this post, but I just want to note a few points to all of the doubters of sisu on this page.

First of all, we all have to remember who it was that saved us from administration in 2007, when the financial world was totally different to what it is now. Bearing that in mind, they had the funds in the 1st place to have been investing in the team, recruits such as richard wood, clive platt, cody mcdonald, martin cranie, richard keogh have all come under the sisu reigime. It just so happens that this year we obviously haven't had the funds to spend on the team that we need to succeed, due to the crippling debts they are paying off each month for us, but everybody has just jumped on sisus backs and blamed them as soon as the money isn't there to be spent on players. We have had constant funding every single year for transfers from sisu, and as I said they are paying off phenomenal debts each month just to keep the club alive. With how different the financial world was nearly 6 years ago and how it is now, sisu obviously didn't expect the huge economic downturn Britain has suffered and thats why they bought the club in the first place; with every intention of bringing us forwards. Just last season, they were obviously running out of money and didn't give Andy Thorn a budget he would have been pleased with, but we can't single handedly blame sisu for that surely?

Now of course, I am not totally pro sisu- some of the clowns they have hired for the board, e.g Ken Dulieu and Leonard Brody have hardly helped themselves in terms of supporters backing, and this stupid transfer embargo is obviously stopping us from signing new players at the moment. But I do think that the constant sale of our better players is a main factor as to why we aren't moving forwards as a club. However, in order to help to pay off the massive debts we have, we obviously have to sell some of our better players ie. Danny Fox/Scott Dann/Gary McSheffrey/Lukas Jutkiewicz to help us to be able to have a transfer budget for the future. Football is a business, and as most of us well know you have to make a profit in a business, and you cannot make a profit by keeping all of your best players AND buying new ones. It just can't happen.

I would also put to you that we had by no means the weakest squad in the league last season; Sides such as Watford, Bristol City, Barnsley and Millwall all have similar squads to ours but where did they all finish and where did we? I think some of the blame has to be passed on to senior members of the side who at times didn't seem bothered, David Bell and Gary McSheffrey prime examples! And also Andy Thorns inability to change tactics and make substitutions in a game contributed to our poor season last term. Injuries also didnt help- Richard Wood out for most of the campaign, as was Carl Baker, Chris Hussey and Jordan Clarke for the first half of the season.

Last but not least, I would say that sides with the most money don't always necessarily have the best seasons; take blackpool for example. Promoted to the premier league with little to no funds in 2010 and reached another play off final this year due to the excellent management of Ian Holloway. Burnley did the same a year or so beforehand. Of course having financial stability always helps a club to progress, but its not all down to money.

Anyway enough of me typing, lets just hope for a better 2012/2013 and bounce back up to where we belong. Lets just get out of this transfer embargo 1st though. PUSB

Some good points here and a positive trend if fans are being more realistic.

Some of the replies are disappointing:

Why did they buy us - because they were backing Ranson's plan. Unfortunately, they didn't have enough money to turn round the club. With the club continually leaking money and with no sign of improvement on the pitch, it was time for drastic action.

Why didn't they sell the club - there wasn't a realistic buyer. Hoffman's offer of a £1 was laughable given that the club still had assets (playing).

Why don't they sell now - there isn't a buyer.

Why don't they invest - there isn't any money. There are no more investors willing to invest through SISU.

The key problem is and always was that Robinson and Richardson destroyed the club through unsustainable spending, including the sale of Highfield Road without having a new stadium funded as a replacement.

All SISU did was prolong the inevitable. They gave us a stay of execution.

Had SISU not bought the club, we would have been in administration, lost the players and been relegated and possibly even liquidated.

At the moment, we have been relegated, lost players but we still have a chance of staying in business.

In reality, this isn't about promotion or relegation. Rather, it is preserving Coventry City, it's past and future.

Users who are viewing this thread