Are any of AT summer signings any good (1 Viewer)

Mary_Mungo_Midge

It's a difficult one MMM, you can only judge on what you see. It doesn't help that some of the signings were hugely hyped up by some posters.

Whilst I agree, at what point can one 'judge' anything? Surely too soon? Unless your name is Waggott, of course...

stupot07

Whilst I agree, at what point can one 'judge' anything? Surely too soon? Unless your name is Waggott, of course...

We have played 11 games and 17% of the league fixtures...

I was very tolerant of AT last season and thought it would be a struggle this season. I just don't think we've brought I. The right types of players for the type of football in this league.

psgm1

Banned
I'm still quietly optimistic that we could have a half decent midfield in Thomas, Fleck, Jennings and Barton. Although that said, all are predominantly central which could cause a problem

Based on what? Thomas - forget him, Fleck the proverbial sicknote, Jennings A complete non-descipt as a player) and Barton, he'd have to be made from helium to be any more lightweight.

1 academy lad, 3 Thorn signings. Not one of them fit to wear the shirt.

Its depressing these players are even on the team sheet, yet alone as contenders to start!

psgm1

Banned
It is an ongoing puzzle as to why we seem to drain all the ability out of any player who puts on a sky blue shirt.
The squad we have is more than good enough for this league if they could play anywhere near their ability.
Does the negativity around the club and our inclination for writing all players off as rubbish drain the confidence and form and as a result their enthusiasm. A virtually new first 11 were given very little time to settle or gel.
If we supported and egged them on this would increase confidence and no doubt the enthusiasm to play for us and as a result we would then see the best of players?

What utter bullshit. Other teams have re-built from scratch and performed brilliantly. Its not the fact that the team is built from scratch, its the fact that the team is built from duds who are either unfit or simply not good enough.

No matter how hard you train, you cannot train ability. 9 duds were brought in 1 player of reasonable quality.

Crap in = crap out - its basic!

eltel

Its always the same year in year out the only time we are any good is when we have a decent bloke in midfield like Gerry Francis, Stewart Robson ( when fit) and Paul Cook when on loan. We dont want to put a boot in , or hold the ball at the moment ,soon as we get it we panic . Same ole cov :whistle::whistle::whistle:

Sky_Blue_Vickie

What utter bullshit. Other teams have re-built from scratch and performed brilliantly. Its not the fact that the team is built from scratch, its the fact that the team is built from duds who are either unfit or simply not good enough.

No matter how hard you train, you cannot train ability. 9 duds were brought in 1 player of reasonable quality.

Crap in = crap out - its basic!

You appear to have either misunderstood my point. Was nothing to do with the relative successes of teams who rebuild their squad but rather why we have a long term problem where by players regularly under perform once signed by us.

The mentality of consistently rubbishing the players is a big factor in my view.

As with all teams who have rebuilt they need a period of adjustment - we go round and round in circles, constantly criticising what we have and looking for new players. We need to get behind what we have and be "supporters" so that we can get the best out of them. It is not always about being the most technically gifted but about having the most desire and commitment and we need to stop draining this out of our players.

We will also have to agree to disagree. I don't think we have only brought "crap in" and think with robins and a change of attitude all round we have the squad to start getting this team heading in the direction we would prefer.

The CableGuy

Let's hope we haven't seen the best of them.

Was expecting the new players to come in with enthusiasm, confidence and bring a freshness to the squad. So far it is hard to make a case for any of them making us a better team.

At the mo only McGoldrick is looking half decent.

And he isn't even ours. When does his loan run out?

Bugsy

theprince

At the moment Barton is chicken and hides. He had a bad leg break and IMO is dodging the nitty gritty of midfield, he certainly has ability but unless he gets more physically involved he will fall by the wayside

Users who are viewing this thread