Arctic Monkeys top UK album chart (1 Viewer)

Coventry La La La

_53369164_012064515-1.jpg

Arctic Monkeys have topped the UK chart with their fourth album Suck It And See, on its first week of release.

The Sheffield band knocked Lady Gaga's Born This Way down to number three with Adele's 21 continuing its top five chart run at number two.

Example has topped the singles charts with Changed The Way You Kiss Me.

Last week's number one - Pitbull's Give Me Everything dropped to number two. Meanwhile Right There by Nicole Scherzinger moved up from 14 to three.

Coldplay's Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall failed to enter the top five, landing at number six.

The Arctic's previous three albums all charted at number one and the band are due to headline this year's V and T in the Park festivals.

They are only the second band in chart history, following Keane, to have had four successive studio albums debut at number one.

Official Charts Company managing director Martin Talbot said: "British talent is clearly in very good health indeed."

Jacki Evancho, an 11-year-old runner-up on America's Got Talent - entered the album chart at number four with her debut album, which features collaborations with Susan Boyle and Barbra Streisand.

Full album chart can be viewed here http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/chart/albums

Last edited:
If it's anything like the first single, then I won't even be illegally downloading it, let alone paying for it. Shite springs to mind. Coldplay's new single is boring too. It doesn't seem to get going at all.

bamalamafizzfazz

Arctic Monkeys album is just as disappointing as the last one. Trying too hard to be mature when they are still young kids. They had a winning formula and abandoned it for american sounding slow rock. As for Coldplay does anyone else think it sounds like the lyrics were written by Tinie Tempah?

Gallagher

Each to there own i guess, but i think the new Arctic monkeys album is brilliant. Minus a couple of heavy tracks it's quite a summery album believe it or not. And with the charts being dominated by generic rap over a dance beat and female soloists, it's nice to have a guitar band still being able to stay relevant.

Seen them live at there homecoming gig aswell on friday and they were on another level compared to anything else I've seen live.

Each to there own i guess, but i think the new Arctic monkeys album is brilliant. Minus a couple of heavy tracks it's quite a summery album believe it or not. And with the charts being dominated by generic rap over a dance beat and female soloists, it's nice to have a guitar band still being able to stay relevant.

Seen them live at there homecoming gig aswell on friday and they were on another level compared to anything else I've seen live.

Watch it mate or I'll move your chair.

ccfctommy

Brick By Brick is the weakest song on there but its a very good album. I think they get better with each album. SIAS is better than Humbug.

Users who are viewing this thread