Transfer Rumour Apparently close to signing 2 players (1 Viewer)

ccfcway

Don't think anyone has said he isn't any good. Just that he's not indispensable and not as good as some may believe.

Well, if he’s not that good no league one or championship club will come in for him.

wingy

Been so much speculation around Willis for a couple of seasons now it's hard to know If other Clubs have genuine interest or the player himself would prefer out.
Going from the early season comment on here they've both been integrel to a really solid foundation.
From the anecdotal on here it Sounds that Rod is the guy who should attract the best fee.

Grendel

Well, if he’s not that good no league one or championship club will come in for him.

Why not? Plymouth signed Lameries

stevefloyd

You are 100% correct but sorry I do not like him as a player hopefully Robins can find a striker in the transfer window and Mcnulty will then be a 2nd striker and it takes the pressure off him, I really don't know why I don't like him but accept Biamou very very odd on my part

covcity4life

we are in league 2 so prob not a good idea to sell our best players

not really worked in past after all(juke, maddison, wilson)

Otis

we are in league 2 so prob not a good idea to sell our best players

not really worked in past after all(juke, maddison, wilson)
Yeah, I know, but we all know we will HAVE to sell unfortunately and we can only sell players other teams want.

I don't want Willis to leave, but seemingly he is one who may attract a reasonable amount of money.

SkyBlueScottie

According to a twitter account an agent Named John Harriot (no idea how reliable it is) has suggested we are trying to sign Christian Doidge from Forest Green, Willis will be the subject of a bid from Brum and we we will get a cash fee plus Cotterill in return. Maddison is supposedly to be the subject of a 20 million bid from Bournemouth, with us having a 10% sell on fee.

Captain Dart

According to a twitter account an agent Named John Harriot (no idea how reliable it is) has suggested we are trying to sign Christian Doidge from Forest Green, Willis will be the subject of a bid from Brum and we we will get a cash fee plus Cotterill in return. Maddison is supposedly to be the subject of a 20 million bid from Bournemouth, with us having a 10% sell on fee.
He is a bullshit merchant.

covcity4life

Yeah, I know, but we all know we will HAVE to sell unfortunately and we can only sell players other teams want.

I don't want Willis to leave, but seemingly he is one who may attract a reasonable amount of money.
why wont davies if he is better?

steve82

If.....if we was to get Cottrill plus cash for Willis MR must believe in Father Christmas after all. That would be a excellent deal to help solve many issues in the attacking half.

Yes Cottrill may be 30 and could be seen by many as bad business to be swapping a 23 year old who may or may not develop more for a 30 year old. But what he could bring to the side be worth every penny in comparison to losing a 23 year old who could well leave for nothing in 18 months when we all desire promotion at the first attempt.

Obviously pure speculation tho over Cottrill it seems currently.

Grendel

why wont davies if he is better?

The point is if you include Stokes and Grimmer we have 6 players who can play centre half.

We are desperately short in midfield and wide players as well as a striking option so if Willis does get shipped out there is more than adequate cover.

Otis

The point is if you include Stokes and Grimmer we have 6 players who can play centre half.

We are desperately short in midfield and wide players as well as a striking option so if Willis does get shipped out there is more than adequate cover.

Yep and it's Willis who has consistently been linked with interest from elsewhere.

Mucca Mad Boys

Agree Macca. McNulty is improving - jooint top scorer, with Nazon not guaranteed to stay beyond the transfer window - it would be madness to get rid of.

Some people have badly misjudged McNulty - he’s clearly turned a corner and is the striker we hoped he’d be in preseason. He’s had some strong finishes, especially the Boreham Wood one. I’m glad he’s shhhh’ing the boo boys. Just hope Biamou bangs a couple in for some Xmas joy now!

ccfcway

Some people have badly misjudged McNulty - he’s clearly turned a corner and is the striker we hoped he’d be in preseason. He’s had some strong finishes, especially the Boreham Wood one. I’m glad he’s shhhh’ing the boo boys. Just hope Biamou bangs a couple in for some Xmas joy now!

Xmas 18 ?

covcity4life

no issue with that. although never seen grimmer play cb

my issue is all of a sudden willis is a lightweight who gets his shorts pulled around his ankle 247 and lives of macdonald talk just because we might be able to sell him.

some cov fans always do this when a player might leave. just turn on them. weird.

dongonzalos

Hope Ponti gets to go out on loan. If he isn’t going to get playing time. It would be a shame if his development is stunted now.

dongonzalos

Willis is a great defender at this level.
However have an embarrassment of riches at CB.
We have no wingers and personally I don’t think we have an automatic promotion winning calibre striker.
If his sale gets those things I am up for it.

Otis

Willis is a great defender at this level.
However have an embarrassment of riches at CB.
We have no wingers and personally I don’t think we have an automatic promotion winning calibre striker.
If his sale gets those things I am up for it.
I agree (apart from the striker bit. I don't think that is a necessity).

If it takes Willis going to strengthen the side then so be it.

steve82

steve82 thinks hes much better

can you clarify steve?

Thanks for asking my position on the two and being reasonable in your asking

Is Davies the better player of the two? Honest answer is no possibility not.

Neither are the complete player hence there playing in L2, both have different strengths and bad points to there games or attributes they lack which could hold them back.

However I believe Davies attributes suit L2 better currently than Willis, and would compliment Mcdonald and the back 4 better currently, yet I think Willis could be a valued squad player higher up the leagues with improvement along side a better defenders and one who commands the line. Willis has pace and a good physic which clubs would look at and take a gamble on him as he's fairly experienced now on the game too where as Davies don't seem as quick

Willis you'd back against anyone toe to toe, Davies you'd question. In the air, Davies all day... Willis this really isn't his game tho against some players copes.

At marking Willis let's himself down from time to time and seems to switch off, a few times his mans slipped away at vital moments this season alone, ibehere, Rhead, and now Eisa all done just that. Davies demonstrates a better man marking ability and able to deal with physical players who back in, elbows up... the old tricks.

As I say, Davies suits the level we're at and the direct nature of L2, Willis gets exposed in these aspects. Now we're heading into winter sides become more direct... time to play Davies who offers more defensively and offensively at this level at this time of year with the players we have at our disposal.

Users who are viewing this thread