Anything in this? (1 Viewer)

Malaka

I liked him, I think he is in his early thirties, knows he way around this league, I'd take a punt if his wages weren't extortiionate

cc84cov

Tough CDM with a long throw with experience

makes sense if we can afford it etc can’t see any truth in this tho

wingy

Right P*&sed me off when he took that long throw-in for Iceland to score and beat England. The number of times he did it for Cov in the championship and I only think it ever resulted in a goal once.
Was he any better at Cardiff .
His throws were too flat here IMO.

Magwitch

It wasn’t brilliant here but then again Chris Coleman was shouldn’t be allowed to run a tap let alone a football team.

Legia Sky Blue

Was he any better at Cardiff .
His throws were too flat here IMO.

His throws were fine with us, it was just we failed to make best use of them. The main problem was with Coleman, who didn't bother to see how other teams utilised such a weapon. When Stoke used it they put all their big men forward like at a corner, with everyone looking to win the 2nd ball. Our tactic normally involved sending Dann up on his own often standing on the goal line rather than in the middle of the goal, which was really easy to mark as the defenders just placed a player behind and in front of him restricting his movement. It was obvious we never actually practised such a scenario because of the lack of awareness of the other players in the box. I know it wasn't exactly the beautiful game but if we were going to employ that tactic we may as well have done it right.

Users who are viewing this thread