Anyone watched the highlights yet from Wembley? (1 Viewer)

SkyBlueSoul

I've rewatched the Hamer goal and got surprised by a replay of the Dabo pen when Mick Harford was interviewed on the cricket but don't want to put myself through watching any more. I don't begrudge Luton anything but I know it's gonna piss me off seeing them on MOTD.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Only watched the second half, fast forward the first half, if Hamer had not got injured I think we would have gone on to win.

Ccfc1979

Im Not No Way GIF

Happy_Martian

Steer away from the "Luton don't deserve it" talk and leave that on the Mackems loudspeaker. They got promoted because they found success where others didn't. We all had the same refs, we all played on the same pitches. So the team in 3rd place did so on merit. Having to go through 3 more games to justify their place is a modern way of getting more money and "entertainment" out of the last weeks of the season.

As for the footage, I've seen Gus's goal and the behind the scenes video the club released. But beyond that, that game and the season is gone. Highlights packages are all I'll consider now to remind myself about the good points.

Terry_dactyl

Flicking through the channels the other night and the highlights were on .Not too painfull a watch.The Panzo incident the ball flew up in the tackle and their players hand was up by his shoulder when it was hit.
I figured it was something like that. Celebrating the VAR was good fun…not quite the hysteria of celebrating Hamer’s goal.
It’s happened a few times, where I’ve genuinely felt like I’ve ‘lost it’ when we’ve scored. Beating Pompey at Stans springs to mind.
The feeling when Hamer scored will take some beating.
It was a great day, despite the result.

Londonccfcfan

I’ve watched the whole game again, apart from the penalties, can’t believe we saved our worst game of the season for the play off final, wish we’d of just gone for it from the start,we were too worried about luton, we have to keep hamer, he covered every blade of grass, we looked lost when he went off
There was only one winner if Hamer stayed on the pitch. Admittedly it was a horror first 30mins.

Ian1779

Got the whole thing saved on my Sky box… but still can’t bring myself to watch it.

However I must have watched the clip of the goal hundreds of times. It was so bloody good!!!

vow

Watch the goals, Pens then their celebration lifting the trophy, just to let it sink in properly and feel we must take it on the chin and come back stronger. 💙

Hobo

I got up early and watched the whole game the next morning.

Ashdown

I will watch it one day, if nothing else but to hear if the atmosphere was as patchy overall as it was around our block where many obvious non regulars seemed to only be able to scream Sky Blue Army. It’s a pity that block 14-18 and away regulars were not all able to sit together at Wembley with the drummer.

Sky_Blue_Daz

I’ve watched Gus’s goal dozens of times , and the shoot out twice . Hope Luton are relegated by Christmas

oscillatewildly

Christ, it's that long ago I'd forgotten it even happened.
I'm so over it I think I may even be qualified to offer counselling to those that aren't yet.

SkyBlueMatt

I've made my peace with it by convincing myself the PL is a sh*t league and wouldn't have wanted to be there anyway.

I haven't watched it and likely never will, I don't want reminding of how close we came. I can't afford the therapy. :ROFLMAO:

Just keep thinking that was a 1 in 10 year chance and everything fell into place but we fell short, can't see us having that chance again for a long long time😪

I know what you're saying but the state we were in a few years back in the lower leagues. I thought the Championship was a pipe dream, let alone a couple of penalties away from the top.

I'm not expecting 3 in 5 seasons but with MR and a more stable leadership. I do have confidence we'll be up there again soon.

Tomh111

Tbf I do genuinely believe the premiership is a shit league.

Still would've liked to be there to experience it and check for sure that that's what I think...

alexccfc99

Was gutted at the time and the celebrations in the ground and back in Cov would have been amazing

But I was cheered up as I watched Leicester get relegated and realised I’d have got bored of getting thrashed every week, don’t care if it’s against Yeovil Town or against Manchester City, shipping 5 or 6 goals isn’t fun regardless of the opposition and that may well have happened on a few occasions last season

We may well have stayed up just but can you really get excited about hoping there are just 3 worse teams than you a season?

The Philosopher

I see Luton are being charged by the FA yesterday with issues with regards their Sunderland game.

They are a danger to the public.

The FA should just stop them being in the Prem on safety grounds. If anyone gets a serious injury then the FA will have blood on their hands.

The CBS is a safe ground. Cov should go up instead.

(Satire)

Kind of…..

wingy

I see Luton are being charged by the FA yesterday with issues with regards their Sunderland game.

They are a danger to the public.

The FA should just stop them being in the Prem on safety grounds. If anyone gets a serious injury then the FA will have blood on their hands.

The CBS is a safe ground. Cov should go up instead.

(Satire)

Kind of…..
Bloody Sunderland again!
Start of 40 feud.

withnail

I’ll just be glad when news articles no longer start with…”Coventry City, who narrowly missed out on promotion to the Premier League in the championship playoff final, ….etc etc”

Reactions: vow

Users who are viewing this thread