Anyone watched the highlights yet from Wembley? (1 Viewer)

Pusb1

Or still too depressed?

i haven't watched the goals, celebrations or anything since.

Everyone over it yet?

Terry Gibson's perm

I’ve seen bits of it like the Hamer goal and the Dabo penalty, I’ve looked at some of the stuff I filmed on the day on my phone.

Yep well over it now but hope to see Luton suffer badly in the prem.

Tomh111

Not watched it, can't watch it and don't want to watch it.

I don't begrudge Luton their moment I'm the sun, but I can't watch something where I know they win. Where I know they get the riches and they take the glory.

Also I talk about it so regularly ro people that it is still raw

Last edited:

AngryAnt

I’ve seen bits of it like the Hamer goal and the Dabo penalty, I’ve looked at some of the stuff I filmed on the day on my phone.

Yep well over it now but hope to see Luton suffer badly in the prem.

I personally don't. I hope they do well and stay up, will stop a yo-yo. While I'm still gutted we didn't get promoted, I do wish Luton well, don't hold any grudge against them.

Watched it a while ago, mostly for the goal and the atmosphere. Wasn't as bad as I thought it would be but still hurts.

shmmeee

Nope and never will.

Already looking forward to this season, in some ways Vik going and a whole load of players in is the best tonic. Well be a different team this season for better or worse.

Gynnsthetonic

Just keep thinking that was a 1 in 10 year chance and everything fell into place but we fell short, can't see us having that chance again for a long long time😪

Hutch11

Not watched it and never will, couldn't wait for the unseen up till the final , will never watch the final one either
Hope Luton bloody a few noses and make a real go of it

Otis

I recorded it, but couldn't watch it. When they had the highlights show on TV later that same day, I could only watch our goal and nothing else.

quinn1971

I’ve watched the whole game again, apart from the penalties, can’t believe we saved our worst game of the season for the play off final, wish we’d of just gone for it from the start,we were too worried about luton, we have to keep hamer, he covered every blade of grass, we looked lost when he went off

withnail

I’ve thought I’ve been over it several times.
Then something happens … like seeing luton players in the FPL transfers… and I realise I’m not and never will be.

Blind-Faith

Watched Hamers goal back. But can’t bring myself to watch highlights or the game itself. Probably for the best as I had a mini meltdown afterwards 😂

I’m looking forward to the joy it will bring watching Luton getting pummelled every week for the next year or so, can’t deny it. I’m still very bitter towards them but the actual blind hatred has gone.

Its a fresh season for us, some decent new signings on paper, looking forward to it. I don’t want us to be doing the playoffs again though 😂

Otis

Watched Hamers goal back. But can’t bring myself to watch highlights or the game itself. Probably for the best as I had a mini meltdown afterwards 😂

I’m looking forward to the joy it will bring watching Luton getting pummelled every week for the next year or so, can’t deny it. I’m still very bitter towards them but the actual blind hatred has gone.

Its a fresh season for us, some decent new signings on paper, looking forward to it. I don’t want us to be doing the playoffs again though 😂
You had a mini-meltdown?

How come we didn't get to hear of it on here?

Tommo1993

Funnily enough I watch Hamer’s goal quite a lot. Beauty of a goal, the stand eruption, the pure elation. It’s a reminder of the feeling I had at the time, “this is it, we are premier league”. Because at this point, the Luton fans were feeling as we did in the first half - well under the cosh.

Got over it after about a week and I honestly wish Luton the best of luck - there’s literally no hard feelings at all. Hope versus expectation. We’re probably all expecting it to be a short trip for them, but we’d have not done any better at that level. But it potentially sets them up for years and years.

Last edited:

Macca

Was over it within an hour. Never looked likely in 120 mins and deep down never wanted to play in the shit end of the Premier League anyway

Sky Blue Harry H

Watched Hamers goal back. But can’t bring myself to watch highlights or the game itself.
This - although watched their goal too. Credit to Adebayo - did really well, but you want Fadz to take him out every time you watch it. Difficult to remember that they didn't actually beat us during the game, and Hamer's injury affected the result imo. Anyway, onto next season.

Flying Fokker

Or still too depressed?

i haven't watched the goals, celebrations or anything since.

Everyone over it yet?
I’ve been ok with the whole thing. But I can’t watch it. My guess is that we did worse than I think? I’m unlikely to know of course.

Terry_dactyl

Like others I’ve watched Hamer’s goal again…and the penalties.
I wouldn’t mind seeing their disallowed one following Panzo’s fuck up again. I’ve not seen the handball.
Strangely, that was the most painful bit of the whole match for me.

I can’t be arsed to watch it all again though.

It reminds me, When we won the cup the old man watched it back on video about 20 times, over the next month.

Flying Fokker

Like others I’ve watched Hamer’s goal again…and the penalties.
I wouldn’t mind seeing their disallowed one following Panzo’s fuck up again. I’ve not seen the handball.
Strangely, that was the most painful bit of the whole match for me.

I can’t be arsed to watch it all again though.

It reminds me, When we won the cup the old man watched it back on video about 20 times, over the next month.
The cup win was City playing to win.

Seaside-Skyblue

I haven't been able to either. Outside of the result though, I'm trying to remember it just being such a brilliant weekend, from the build up, atmosphere, adrenalin, spending it friends, seeing the sea of sky blue build up from my hotel window at Wembley. And my hairs standing up on my neck as I walked up the stairs to my seat 10 mins before kick off as I saw the colours and heard the crowd noise / carnival atmosphere I was mentally exhausted after the game itself. Emotional rollercoaster. Heartbreaking end but an awesome experience overall.

Sent from my SM-A346B using Tapatalk

fatso

We were shit, we did well to take it to pens, thanks mainly to the efforts of Hamer.
Luton were the better side, they deserved to go up, but now we need to get over it and go again.

My concern is we won't have the squad in place for the start of the season and will be relying too heavily on loans who won't be used to our style of play by the time the season starts.

IMHO it's unprofessional to still be needing so many new players with only 3 weeks to go.

djr8369

Recorded it but not watched it back. Tempted to try and watch it with a sense of detachment but worried it will just confirm we weren’t great that day.

covmark

Watched the Hamer goal a load of times, just to remind me of the roar, and the emotion when it hit the net.
Can't bring myself to watch anything else from it, penalties included.

JulianDarbyFTW

I can't watch it. Strangely, it's not the defeat that stops me, it's the knowledge that we massively underperformed in the first half - what could have been if those nerves hadn't kicked in so early.

Users who are viewing this thread