Anyone still think SISU are our answer? (1 Viewer)

skybluesben

To be honest if you do, your fucking mental. We need to start protesting again, its getting to them or they wouldn't be searching us for banners (and training for the Olympics is a load of bullshit). Then they also wouldn't put 10 Goons in Orange under where i sit looking for my fucking banner! (Oh when i shouted "get the banner out" the cunts all turned around looking for it....)

They have fucked our club, this is the worst start i can fucking remember! If we dont start winning by x-mas we are fucked........

:blue::blue::blue::blue::blue::blue::blue::blue::blue::blue::blue::blue::blue::blue::blue:

Sutty

Getting SISU the fuck out of Coventry is the answer...

But at what cost?

Admin? Liquidation?

Ultimately, the way things are, SISU are keeping the club alive. The same way that a dripping tap would be a life-saver in the desert. It's not perfect, but in a situation where there is nothing else it's an absolute necessity.

Macca

But at what cost?

Admin? Liquidation?

Ultimately, the way things are, SISU are keeping the club alive. The same way that a dripping tap would be a life-saver in the desert. It's not perfect, but in a situation where there is nothing else it's an absolute necessity.

It seems though without having a strong opinion myself either way that most fans want SISU out whatever the immediate consequences, whether that be admin or anything else

Tonylinc

I have supported Cov. since 1965, a lot of those seasons being both home and away but the way I'm feeling just now I would not have any problem with liquidation. At least we could all find better and less expensive things to do on Saturdays.

OyJimmy

I have supported Cov. since 1965, a lot of those seasons being both home and away but the way I'm feeling just now I would not have any problem with liquidation. At least we could all find better and less expensive things to do on Saturdays.

Liquidation wouldn't happen some mug would buy us. What was the last Club odour size to be wound up. Call in the administrator now!

Nonleagueherewecome

That marking by Christie and Cameron for the 2nd wasn't bang on. If anything looked like a relegation side, it was us conceding that goal..

gouldberg

To be honest under Sisu we currently look like a dying fly after being hit by the insect spray. Laying on our back, legs flailing all over the place. A sad and pathetic sight.....I'd rather us bow out with a bit of dignity with us fans fighting for something better. If it goes wrong we come back as AFC Coventry (AFC Wimbledon are doing alright!) but we might, just might end up with new owners that actually care a bit about us. Rather risk it than stick with what we have, which is the reputation of being a joke team falling into the pit of death.

CovFan

At the minute it's a choice between SISU pulling the plug and a quick death follows or SISU staying on for a long and drawn out death.

Astute

If it was so easy then clubs would be queueing up for admin. Go back to when we were minutes from admin. We knew just about anything would be better. What we have is just about better. At least we still have hope.

coundonskyblue

If it was so easy then clubs would be queueing up for admin. Go back to when we were minutes from admin. We knew just about anything would be better. What we have is just about better. At least we still have hope.

I will only have hope once Sisu have gone. While they are here the best thing we can 'hope' for is this. Scratching around at the bottom of the division hoping to survive. That is no dignity and not something I want to see at my club.

sky_blue_up_north

SISU won't go they want 'their' money back. The big question is who will replace them, its all well and good saying SISU out without a backup plan, what does CCFC offer to potential investors?

TommyAtkins

But at what cost?

Admin? Liquidation?

Very wise, Sutty.

SISU remain the only lifeline. Frustrating but true.

If Hoffman genuinely cared, he would be bashing the doors down with a sustainable and realistic bid.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Just wanted to comment on CCFC being too big to be liquidated. We arent, at the moment it is not likely but that threat is always there. It isnt about size or history, its whether creditors can see a repayment of their debt or stop a debt getting worse by such an action. HMRC for example and they are taking an uncreasingly tougher stance with those that owe them money. No company is immune from liquidation. Right now it isnt close but......

Otis

SISU won't go they want 'their' money back. The big question is who will replace them, its all well and good saying SISU out without a backup plan, what does CCFC offer to potential investors?

They may want their money back, but that's not going to happen is it. It's all a Catch 22. They want a return on their investment, they are not going to get it. Hoffman et al want to pay peanuts for the club and the debt and Sisu aren't going to let that happen either.

The conclusion is either;

1. Some magical investor comes in with a shed load of money

or

2. We die a slow lingering death.

Not sure what is going to happen for certain, but I have already been to the undertakers to ask about headstones and coffin linings and possible plot locations, so you can see which way I am leaning at the moment

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Are SISU the answer, not the answer I want to see no but they are the only answer there is at the moment.

There are not viable or realistic alternatives. Just because we stamp our feet and protest "SISU out" should not give us any expectation that they will walk away from even part of the money they are legally owed. The fact that 4 years ago others had to does not justify or mean SISU have to. It might seem morally the right thing to happen but the reality is this has nothing to do with morals.

If it were so easy or attractive to take over it would have happened by now. Lets be honest it wasnt even close. Reality is that the SISU funds own the club and it is theirs to do as they choose - if they choose to cut costs and we end up relegated then there is little we can do stop them. Their current plan apparently is for 7 to 8 years to get a return we are half way through. I am not saying dont protest but realise that these people wont let go easily and there are no alternative owners currently in the market, (the consortium led by GH isnt - plenty of speculation but no evidence)

SISU are right to control costs but you cant do that to the extent you choke the life out of the business. They have repeatedly from the start failed to build into their plans any net positive investment in the squad and that is what has and is doing the damage.

Unless the Board, Manager and most importantly the players get their act together we are going down - and i fear even then the only answer to the ownership question will still be SISU

I am depressed by it all right now :(

Nonleagueherewecome

SISU remain the only lifeline. Frustrating but true.

If Hoffman genuinely cared, he would be bashing the doors down with a sustainable and realistic bid.

Hang obn a minute..I thought they were making us pay our own way? Isn't that why there aren't any loan signings, and why we will never renew a decent players contract, and why we will sell every window?

wingy

Ithought we were debt free,so only the investors can force us into admin,why would they do that ,what would they get out of it ,i'm fairly confident GH's bid with his one pound would have offered them some return on their investment,or even offered to take over the mannagement of their fund .Sisu have allegedly valued the asset as worth £8m,what was the value of the squad when they took over ,we could just as easily argue it was worth the same .

Skyblueloyal

But at what cost?

Admin? Liquidation?

The way were going now we are going to be in at least on of the sooner rather than later, so yes ghet them out, there not intrested in investment and are looking forward to January so they can strip the club of more money and assets ( if we have any left )

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Can we please get one thing straight they are not asset stripping .... the sales of players havent found their way into SISU's pockets. The only evidence available shows that SISU have not taken anything out. What they are saying is that the SISU funds will not loan the club any more money - that means to pay for the costs of running the club they have to trade the players because the gate income isnt anywhere big enough to do so. The alternative is (given they have reached their loan limit) not pay the bills, biggest of which is the players wages and the club goes into a far worse crisis - administration

Asset stripping would be selling the assets of the club (the players) and putting in SISU's own pockets

wingy

Can we please get one thing straight they are not asset stripping .... the sales of players havent found their way into SISU's pockets. The only evidence available shows that SISU have not taken anything out. What they are saying is that the SISU funds will not loan the club any more money - that means to pay for the costs of running the club they have to trade the players because the gate income isnt anywhere big enough to do so. The alternative is (given they have reached their loan limit) not pay the bills, biggest of which is the players wages and the club goes into a far worse crisis - administration

Asset stripping would be selling the assets of the club (the players) and putting in SISU's own pockets
Would they then be breaking the agreement, assurances they gave the league @the start of the season OSB
,if that were the case ,that makes them unfit and proper.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
no I dont think so wingy, if you go back to the accounts it is made absolutely clear that the survival strategy involves trading in players. So long as they continue to do that and pay the bills then the league are going to be happy to leave alone. They can also point to the other actions taken to secure funds for the club and that they have made loans of approx £30m. Someone looking in at the finances with no connection with the club would see all that as reasonable. Might question the investment strategy but thats a different matter that we city fans all question especially in terms players. I dont think there is a mechanism for the league to insist more money is put in by the owners only rules to stop things going too far

Users who are viewing this thread