Anyone still not received new season ticket card ? (1 Viewer)

Alan Dugdales Moustache

......I'm in Rugby so could be a problem getting the delivery horses in and out of the town but just wondering if anyone else not had their card yet . I changed seats so should be getting one.

MatthewWallis

Don't have mine either, not really bothered. If it doesn't come then I'll just go ticket office on the day

Grendel

Mine arrived today.

chiefdave

I've moved seats (hopefully far enough to not hear the guy who shouts forward for 90 minutes) so should be getting a new one but no sign yet.

Sure it will turn up. If not think they're opening at 11am on Saturday and you can get a replacement paper ticket.

Grendel

To be fair I only got mine as I met Tim in the Britannia for a swift one in happy hour.

mds

Not here either, was getting a little worried so went and enquired at the Butts ticket office today to be told they had started sending them out in the last two weeks.
If it isnt received by Friday to go to the ticket office or the matchday ticket office on Saturday.

Otis

Got mine yesterday but for some reason my lads didn't come with it ,
You expected a group of blokes from your own family to deliver it for you? Am guessing they are all posties or something then.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Got mine yesterday but for some reason my lads didn't come with it ,
...they were probably far too big for the envelope !

Just got todays post....nothing but Tesco vouchers.

CharlesMore

Quite a detailed explanation to be fair.

Typical of the current regime to blame someone else, never there fault is it?

Disgraceful for the people affected who more than likely coughed up their money in the early bird period.

I suspect those affected are those that moved seats from block 18 to escape the ridiculous premium charge or new season ticket holders

Nick

Administrator

Disgraceful for the people affected who more than likely coughed up their money in the early bird period.

I suspect those affected are those that moved seats from block 18 to escape the ridiculous premium charge or new season ticket holders

It's a pretty detailed explanation about what caused it.

Unless of course Joy has planned it and done it on purpose as part of her drastic plan?

torchomatic

If it's out of their control then fair enough.

torchomatic

Not sure why the club is being blamed here.

Bertola

Because ultimately it is the clubs product, and this is all too familiar a problem to before Ticketmaster took over.

Yes Ticketmaster run the operations, but ultimately the club has to take some accountability.

The fact they are on top of it, and have a contingency plan is an improvement on recent years however, so they are at least learning something!

Nick

Administrator
Because ultimately it is the clubs product, and this is all too familiar a problem to before Ticketmaster took over.

Yes Ticketmaster run the operations, but ultimately the club has to take some accountability.

The fact they are on top of it, and have a contingency plan is an improvement on recent years however, so they are at least learning something!

Yep, moved away from the old ticket system because it was awful. Ticketmaster are supposedly the biggest in the world but have regular issues like this and some of them occur at other clubs too.

If there is an issue between TM and the access control there is not much the club can really do other than what they have and let people know and shipped out paper tickets while it is sorted.

When you read comments like the one above going on about the "regime" etc as if Joy has rolled her sleeves up and is in the mix on the phone to Ticketmaster to get it sorted.

McLovin87

I can't read the tweet (Twitter blocked at work) what does it say, I haven't received mine yet!

theferret

If I were the club I'd be spitting at this (suspect they are), because it's very poor service from Ticketmaster. It's the second season running I won't have my season ticket card before the opening game. Not that arsed as long as I have a paper ticket, so be it, but this is just basic stuff that wastes the time of club staff trying to fend off queries and complaints. For tickets for the opening game to be off sale 48 hours before kick off is poor. I'd ditch them when the contract runs out next year.

torchomatic

Following issues with the printing of some Season Ticket cards, around 400 Coventry City fans will receive a paper ticket for Saturday’s game against Notts County.

A paper ticket for the game will be sent in the post and fans will receive these on Friday morning. This will show in fans ‘purchase history’, however these have not been charged for – only processed separately.

Those who purchased in the Early Bird period will also receive a paper ticket for the Blackburn Carabao Cup game separately in the post.

The issue was as a result of the link between Ticketmaster (printing the cards) and the Fortress Access Control system (formatting the cards).

The printing of cards should take around 5 seconds per card, but instead it was taking 50 seconds per card for those affected. Once completed, it also closed the printing system down – meaning the whole process needed to start again for the next card which was being printed.

This issue has been resolved, but to ensure that fans receive their tickets in time for Saturday’s match, it was decided on Wednesday evening to issue paper tickets for all fans affected by this problem.

We hope that this alleviates any concerns fans might have had about their Season Ticket cards arriving and access to the match, and that they can look forward to the new season starting.

Season Ticket cards for fans affected by this issue will be posted next week, and reach you ahead of Newport County game on 19th August.

Liquid Gold

I don't know why ticketmaster leave it so late to send them out. A company that size should have the capabilities to print and send them when they're purchased.

Skybluefaz

Because if enough people totally ignore what's been said and just aimlessly rant people might believe it and get angry.
I don't think it's aimlessly ranting on this occasion. We need to make the ticket buying operation smoother. Even down to browser compatibility it has issues that people have genuine struggles with. May be there should be clearer guidelines on the website on what tech to use on the website if they can't add in the cross browser compatibility any time soon. Last season I prebooked tickets for games and ended up queuing for over half an hour for them to print the tickets when I went to collect and missed kick offs. It's letting us down.

lifeskyblue

Is it still the case that those not moving seats use the cards from last season?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bertola

Yep, moved away from the old ticket system because it was awful. Ticketmaster are supposedly the biggest in the world but have regular issues like this and some of them occur at other clubs too.

If there is an issue between TM and the access control there is not much the club can really do other than what they have and let people know and shipped out paper tickets while it is sorted.

When you read comments like the one above going on about the "regime" etc as if Joy has rolled her sleeves up and is in the mix on the phone to Ticketmaster to get it sorted.

Ironically, I never had an issue with the old system (I know many did). Ticketmaster has generally been a disaster for me, but i appreciate why they moved. Hopefully the paper tickets arrive in time and everyone will be able to get in easily and in time for kick-off

Users who are viewing this thread