Anyone now questioning a season ticket after that Crewe performance ? (1 Viewer)

Alan Dugdales Moustache

...been a season ticket holder for years. Never left matches so early as I have this season. I ask myself , why on earth renew after what I have witnessed ?

Would any season ticket holder on this forum chance their arm on an early-bird season ticket (assuming we stay up ) without knowing whether Mowbray will stay or not ? I will now wait until the very, very last moment in August before renewing, if at all. I'd rather pay full price knowing Mowbray will be in charge than get a cheaper ticket only to find we will probably have a different manager a few weeks later.

With the likelihood of a few matches at reduced prices and cash on the gate, I really do wonder whether a season ticket is worth it.

torchomatic

I know people will have a go but we'll be there no matter what league they're in next season. So, a yes from me.

stupot07

I'm undecided at the minute.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

skybluepm2

God knows why, but 95% sure I'll be there next season for 15 out of the last 16 (shitfields aside) irrespective of league or even manager. There has to be at least one half decent season in my life....surely! If it's League 1 with Mowbray in charge I will put money on us to make the play offs.

Calista

I know people will have a go but we'll be there no matter what league they're in next season. So, a yes from me.

I can’t imagine anyone would “have a go” about that.

I’m sorry to say that through a combination of circumstances, I can no longer claim to be the diehard follower I once was, and I’m picking and choosing my matches*. If and when we ever get any joy, totally loyal fans like you will deserve it the most, and it’ll be all the sweeter for you when it comes.

* not very well :(

RFC

It's the players who deliver ultimately, not the manager or the owners.

Last season against all the odds at Sixfields the players delivered, even with a 10 point deduction!

skybluepm2

Last season against all the odds at Sixfields the players delivered, even with a 10 point deduction!

It's true that are the ones attempting to stick it in the net at one end and preventing it at the other, but the manager and owners have a huge influence on how that team is created and taught to play. Surely even you can see that bringing in TM and getting rid of inept SP was the right thing to do, albeit 18 months too late?!

Otis

...been a season ticket holder for years. Never left matches so early as I have this season. I ask myself , why on earth renew after what I have witnessed ?

Would any season ticket holder on this forum chance their arm on an early-bird season ticket (assuming we stay up ) without knowing whether Mowbray will stay or not ? I will now wait until the very, very last moment in August before renewing, if at all. I'd rather pay full price knowing Mowbray will be in charge than get a cheaper ticket only to find we will probably have a different manager a few weeks later.

With the likelihood of a few matches at reduced prices and cash on the gate, I really do wonder whether a season ticket is worth it.

Thing is, this was Pressley's team. Think you have to give TM, or whoever, a chance to build his own team in the Summer.

We bought very unwisely this season. Not TMs fault, so what you saw out there today wasn't his team.

ST for me unless something untoward happens.

RFC

It's true that are the ones attempting to stick it in the net at one end and preventing it at the other, but the manager and owners have a huge influence on how that team is created and taught to play. Surely even you can see that bringing in TM and getting rid of inept SP was the right thing to do, albeit 18 months too late?!

You've completely missed the point.

Despite the majority predicting RELEGATION even before a ball was kicked SP & the Players overcame ALL the odds and kept us in the Division.

Ashdown

All 5 ST holders in our pub tonight won't be renewing and I know many more. SISU have destroyed the club following on from past failures.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Despite the majority predicting RELEGATION even before a ball was kicked SP & the Players overcame ALL the odds and kept us in the Division.

That was then . Pressley completely lost the plot since November and had to go. Thanks for keeping us up then, a real achievement given the circumstances, but absolute rubbish in his last 3 months. Sacking Pressley was the right thing to do. Mowbray has to try to steer the wreckage onto the rocks before it sinks to the bottom of the sea.

Last edited:

skybluepm2

Wilson and Clarke perhaps, who of course SP inherited and maybe Moussa and Baker but did the rest really 'deliver'? The defence for instance. The leakiest defense in the division bar Crewe I believe.

How many games did SP win after the LC departed? The manager didn't have the ability to bring in any player with decent enough ability to replace the goals being scored previously, either last season or this which is why we find ourselves in this god forsaken position with 7 strikers on the books none of which have managed to achieve double figures! You could say that this is down to the players but how did they get here?

With the correct core of players you are halfway there irrespective of managerial ability. Add this to the mix and you're gunning for the upper echelons of the league. Take away the decent players and the club is reliant on manager tactics and recruitment. This was heavily exposed as SP had neither hence the relegation fight...finally the alternate argument gives you our current predicament; shit players (all brought in by SP) performing for a manager with decent tactics and ability.

If we stay up, sign TM, clear the dross and allow him to bring in his own decent players (decent recruitment as evident with ward) we will have a perfect formula.

So no, I don't think I've missed the point Mr C!

Terry Gibson's perm

I was a definite no under the previous manager but when he was replaced by Mowbray I started to sway, but now I will wait up until the final day of the early bird at least and see what the owners do but even then might wait until the season starts to see what we start with.

pusbccfc

It's another big crowd let down today, who probably won't fancy going up for a while.

Personally I'll be at all the home games next season, but I know a big number who won't be.

italiahorse

The only thing they delivered last season was an income that meant we had this team this season.

Longford

Stupid half baked comment as usual.

CCFCKirky

Absolutely not! Iv said it before and I'll say it again, no matter what happens between now and the start of 15/16 season, I will definatly be renewing my season ticket.

shy_tall_knight

I'm out the worst season in my memory 5 home (Ricoh) league wins, atmosphere awful, there is no clear player of the season because we have been so bad our fans are now numb some think JOB & Fleck are good players. Will pick and chose next season with a few away games for a laugh but that has been awful home season in a depressing enviroment,

Covstu

So many things riding on this decision:
1) what league we are playing in
2) whether Molbray stays or not
3) our intentions in the transfer market
4) whether I genuinely have the heart

most of us have been battling relegation as a supporter for many a year but this seems different, I just see no hope for the future

Users who are viewing this thread