Anyone live in Allesley Village (1 Viewer)

Covkid1968#

Sorry not Footie related and I don’t live in AV my parents do.

What the feck is going on!!!??? I’m hearing people openly robbing from the shop... men having a shit by the side of the road... people off their tits on drink and drugs!!!!

First thought was that maybe a family from Leics had relocated to Gods country. But no... turns out the 2 hotels have been opened up to prisoners on release etc by the council.

Now I’m not a NIMBY and I recognise people need help and support to get back on track...by the grace of God go I. But FFS do it properly and make sure these vulnerable currently scum people are given every chance to sort their lives out. Don’t throw them all together!and leave them. especially with all the shit that’s going on at the moment.
Rant over!!!!!!!!

Smooth_operator

Yeah I live in the village opposite the hotel and it's awful. Beautiful village being ruined by twats. Will not change anytime soon as the owner of the hotel is making money from it, so he doesn't care.

clint van damme

Sorry not Footie related and I don’t live in AV my parents do.

What the feck is going on!!!??? I’m hearing people openly robbing from the shop... men having a shit by the side of the road... people off their tits on drink and drugs!!!!

First thought was that maybe a family from Leics had relocated to Gods country. But no... turns out the 2 hotels have been opened up to prisoners on release etc by the council.

Now I’m not a NIMBY and I recognise people need help and support to get back on track...by the grace of God go I. But FFS do it properly and make sure these vulnerable currently scum people are given every chance to sort their lives out. Don’t throw them all together!and leave them. especially with all the shit that’s going on at the moment.
Rant over!!!!!!!!

In all seriousness that fucking teŕible mate and decent people shouldn't have to put up with it

Covkid1968#

Blokes just walk in the shop take what they want (alcohol)?and leave. If challenged they spit at people. I’m almost glad it’s lockdown so the parents don’t have to see it. It would break their hearts.
The hotels were quite swanky back in the day....even Kilpatrick when he owned it had it half decent. But you couldn’t stay there now.... it’s just not safe.
Having said all that I still miss the Rainbow can’t wait to get back in a pub

Covkid1968#

Yeah I live in the village opposite the hotel and it's awful. Beautiful village being ruined by twats. Will not change anytime soon as the owner of the hotel is making money from it, so he doesn't care.
It sounds a nightmare .... people aspire to live in places like AV and it has become this. It sounds like it’s mainly down the Birmingham road that’s impacted by the behaviour.

Grendel

It sounds a nightmare .... people aspire to live in places like AV and it has become this. It sounds like it’s mainly down the Birmingham road that’s impacted by the behaviour.

I don’t live there but have friends that do

It’s been a problem for a few years now and was another master plan by the council to use both hotels at each end of the Birmingham road to all sorts of unsavoury types. The council have refused to engage with residents and at best give sketchy answers to questions even on FOI requests

The road has transformed from a unique old style village given its proximity to a scene from the Wild West. Drug addled characters roam around begging, thrip adviser confirms there are gangs and hookers - the tower block hotel seems very occupied now with people who are not shall we say that bothered on social distancing - the shop is robbed on a daily basis

clint van damme

I don’t live there but have friends that do

It’s been a problem for a few years now and was another master plan by the council to use both hotels at each end of the Birmingham road to all sorts of unsavoury types. The council have refused to engage with residents and at best give sketchy answers to questions even on FOI requests

The road has transformed from a unique old style village given its proximity to a scene from the Wild West. Drug addled characters roam around begging, thrip adviser confirms there are gangs and hookers - the tower block hotel seems very occupied now with people who are not shall we say that bothered on social distancing - the shop is robbed on a daily basis

Fucking scandalous.

RedSalmon

It has probably got a lot worse since the corona virus situation has kicked in. Reason being that the council must house every homeless person as they cannot now be left on the street. This includes all the ones who have been banned from the Salvation Army due to taking drink/drugs/fighting while staying there. Right now they all have to be housed and the only place that will take them is the Allesley Hotel.

Grendel

It has probably got a lot worse since the corona virus situation has kicked in. Reason being that the council must house every homeless person as they cannot now be left on the street. This includes all the ones who have been banned from the Salvation Army due to taking drink/drugs/fighting while staying there. Right now they all have to be housed and the only place that will take them is the Allesley Hotel.

It’s been like it for a few years to be honest

Asylum seekers 'not being put up in Coventry hotels'

LastGarrison

Slightly unrelated but I lived in Allesley Park for a couple of years so used to walk over to the Allesley Village quite a bit and have something to eat in the Elms etc. and I have to say the Rainbow is probably the clique-st pub I've ever been to!! Full of pretentious.......

Sky_Blue_Daz

We were house hunting a few years ago and looked at a couple of properties in the village , we missed out in one sounds like we dodged a bullet to be fair

Grendel

Slightly unrelated but I lived in Allesley Park for a couple of years so used to walk over to the Allesley Village quite a bit and have something to eat in the Elms etc. and I have to say the Rainbow is probably the clique-st pub I've ever been to!! Full of pretentious.......

I used to drink in the Rainbow.

rob9872

My mate Geoff used to go in there all the time with his three mates, so you probably know him. His mates were....

.... Zippy, George and Bungle.

Covkid1968#

When I’m in Cov... that’s my local. Def not pretentious.... really good crowd in there. I am obvs but really good mix.

Sky_Blue_Daz

I think The Beechwood hotel has gone a bit like the Allesley to be honest Which is a shame as it was a nice place to go

Gazolba

My grandmother and grandfather used to live in a house on Butt Lane in Allesley.
My mother would take my brother and I to visit them.
We had to take two buses, one into town, and then one from town out to Allesley.
We then had a long walk to their house.
It was like a trip to a country village, where these were green fields, trees and farm animals.
This would all be around 60 years ago.

We used to go to the Beechwood Hotel. It was a beautiful place for Sunday lunch.
It's still there (I looked it up) unless it has closed very recently.

Last edited:

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Nearest me and the Missus get to Allesley is when we stop at the Jacobean on the Holyhead Rd, opposite the Tollgate pub. Cracking place!

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

There has been news here in Bromsgrove that the Britannia Hotel is doing the same thing as the one being talked about here.

The Facebook page has some people complaining about a rise in anti-social behaviour and people hanging in large groups, but then others commenting essentially saying stop being racist.

clint van damme

There has been news here in Bromsgrove that the Britannia Hotel is doing the same thing as the one being talked about here.

The Facebook page has some people complaining about a rise in anti-social behaviour and people hanging in large groups, but then others commenting essentially saying stop being racist.

if Britannia hotels are doing it they're basically upgrading their clientele.

Sbarcher

Stayed in the one in Birmingham city centre by mistake once. Most shittiest shithole I've ever been in.
Rated as the worst hotel group in the UK. Used to use the one in Market Bosworth alot at one time. Nice looking place but dire otherwise. Used to call it Cabbage Towers as it ponged so much.

oscillatewildly

Most locals are tho, surely? I dropped in there myself a couple of times this season after getting off the X1 back from Stans. Hadn't been there since the 90's - Doesn't appear to have changed which is 'refreshing'.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Sorry to bump this , is it still dodgy . The wife’s seen a house she likes in the area

Users who are viewing this thread