Anyone know how trialist is getting on?? (1 Viewer)

glamour76

With so many people "in the know" about ccfc. I was just wondering if anyone knows how Jennings is getting on? It's gone a bit quiet since the Howard rumour. Think I would prefer Jennings to Howard.

mark82

With so many people "in the know" about ccfc. I was just wondering if anyone knows how Jennings is getting on? It's gone a bit quiet since the Howard rumour. Think I would prefer Jennings to Howard.

I would prefer the player proven at championship level.

glamour76

I would prefer the player proven at championship level.

A player that has been released to a player that rejected a contract?? Don't get me wrong, I would love Howard to sign but think he may be a luxury player who would blow most of our budget

Astute

Not only did Jennings turn down a contract but he also turned down a place in a team playibg in the Champions League to cone on trial with us

procdoc

sign them both, problem solved! They can't be too convinced about Jennings if they have him on trial first. I say we bring in my favourite trial player ever, Orlando Smeekes!

smileycov

Facebook User
sign them both, problem solved! They can't be too convinced about Jennings if they have him on trial first. I say we bring in my favourite trial player ever, Orlando Smeekes!

Wasn't Kilbane on trial first?

Astute

Maybe AT wants to see if his style of play fits in woth the system he wants to use

sky blue john

Not only did Jennings turn down a contract but he also turned down a place in a team playibg in the Champions League to cone on trial with us

You can hardly use the champions league as part of your argument. they are not likely to get to the group stages !

hamil99

Facebook User
I read an article somewhere saying Jennings wasn't offered a new contract at Motherwell, rather than him not signing.

Nonleagueherewecome

Not only did Jennings turn down a contract but he also turned down a place in a team playibg in the Champions League to come on trial with us

I thought you were being incredibly sarcastic, but now I think you must mean Celtic? :thinking about:

Nonleagueherewecome

Whatever the trialist has done, he doesn't deserve it: Free the Coventry One!!!

AlexJohnson93

Looks like he is about to sign for us. A friend of mine works in a lettings company and says Jennings, Fleck & Elliot all bought properties today.

Nonleagueherewecome

Were they in the Borough of Coventry? We can sell the angle to Mutton that SISU have boosted the local economy and secure the rent discount we've been scrounging and blackmailing for OOPS, sorry, I mean "bargaining" for :jerkit:

ajsccfc

I thought you were being incredibly sarcastic, but now I think you must mean Celtic? :thinking about:

The Mighty Well play in the Champions League as Rangers weren't allowed to enter for... well, pick any of their current woes.

They might not get past the first hurdle, but it still counts!

Astute

I read an article somewhere saying Jennings wasn't offered a new contract at Motherwell, rather than him not signing.

Absolutely wrong. As I have said my son has watched him the last 3 seasons. He has been the engine of their team. They wanted him to sign for more than 1 year last year. They have been trying to get him to sign for months. He is thought of as highly by the 'Well fans as Keogh is by us.

And for anyone that says it is not the Champions league. Would you say the same if it was us that had managed to make it as far as they have?

Ccfc1979

According to Telegraph today we're signing a centre half 'from Europe' today and Jennings will play on trial v Hinckley. Also, another European on trial. Names withheld as other clubs after them...allegedly.

Diehard Si

Centre half from Europe... It's Piqué isn't it? He's bored of Barca and wants a challenge for practically no money

D

Deleted member 4232

How come footballers can buy houses in days, when it takes everyone else months to complete?...

EXACTLY what i was thinking.

God help us if he ends up part of a chain. Imagine the commute!;)

Nonleagueherewecome

Jennings has a rating of 70 on FIFA 12, higher than anyone in our squad :whistle:

One of a plethora of football games that vastly over-rates the SPL compared to..well, anywhere in the world, really! Countless versions of FM have been ruined by the fact that half-a-dozen SPL players for under a million will see any side walk The Championship. There's a reason players leave Champions League clubs to sign for lower-league English outfits IRL: the SPL is gash, as they might say ;)

CCFC_Charlie

Not to turn this into a FIFA debate, but the highest rated player in the SPL is only 76 with Gary Hooper. Most of the Ranger and Celtic player are low 70's which would put them on par with teams like West Ham and Leicester in the games rating, maybe just a bit better

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread