Anyone go to the rugby? (1 Viewer)

Did any of you take up the reduced price entry at the rugby v Birmingham & Solihull. Cov won, in case you didn't go.

What did city fans think of their visit to Butts Park Arena?

Buggy

Umm....tigers fan? *avoids flying bricks*. But I fancy the Butts soon, I've just never got round to it :p

You'd be most welcome. Good to see so many City supporters in the shop, around the bar - just enjoying themselves. Hope to se you there again!! Next match is on 26th.

Record (Cov) Nat 1 crowd at Butts Park Arena today - a goodly number of Sky Blues' fans swelling the crowd.. Overheard one chap saying that he'd enjoyed himself and that at least Cov win!

Anyone go? What did you think? Will we see you again?

torchomatic

Rugby is a bit rubbish though isn't it?

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I watched Cov Rugby once years ago when they were still at Coundon Rd (Used to live in Hewitt Ave so it was literally a 1 minute walk away!) Really enjoyed the game as well, although I haven't a clue on the rules of the game! Some of you guys should give it a go when you can't get to a City game. You might be pleasantly surprised!

Blueandwhites

I'm so chuffed i was there today. Fantastic game at Butts Park, COV beat the monied league leaders -Ealing,with the old COV dog spirit. That's part timers (COV) beating a saleried full time set up! Anyone cheesed off with the Sky blues right now should seriously think about getting behind our rugby club and maybe turn up for a game. Alex Nash, Sam Herrington- legends!! Who says rugby is elitist when you can share a drink with the players in the bar afterwards... Sorry to bang on, particularly on a footie forum but as the chips are down, maybe think about putting some cash towards a club that also has a proud record for this city. Come on COV!!!

torchomatic

Funnily enough I can't even type the word rug....before nodding off. Sorry about that, I nodded off.

Ashdown

I went, it was a great afternoons sport, committed players giving it all, passion, guts. Fabulous win as well. I'm coming back for our 4th match this season and next time will be bringing quite a posse and having a few bevs around the good local boozers too. It doesn't cost a lot but you feel your money is at least appreciated down there.

Ashdown

Fairbrother went a long time ago..............now run by Cov and England legend Peter Rossborough. Well run now and on the up.

Kuklinski

Fairbrother went a long time ago..............now run by Cov and England legend Peter Rossborough. Well run now and on the up.

When's the next home game, I might start getting back into it. The Fairbrother regime knocked it out of me good and proper.

Johnnythespider

Record (Cov) Nat 1 crowd at Butts Park Arena today - a goodly number of Sky Blues' fans swelling the crowd.. Overheard one chap saying that he'd enjoyed himself and that at least Cov win!

Anyone go? What did you think? Will we see you again?
National 1, is'nt that the 3rd tier, we may well be able to watch 3rd tier footy next season, is it true that rugby was invented when some fat duffer who could'nt play footy sat on the ball and squashed it into an egg shape.

Users who are viewing this thread