Anyone fearing a realistic bid for McNulty? (1 Viewer)

steve82

9 league goals in 10 games now, 11 in the league, 14 goals in 29 appearances for the season.

Surely he's got to be on someone's short list this January.

Dread to think should we receive a bid, but I'd be hopeful that he'd repay his faith in MR like MR did with him.

Captain Dart

Unlikely.

Londonccfcfan

No. He’s at his level. I think we’re safe.

I think some of his finishing is above this level and some of it at this level. The third goal yesterday for example.

I think McNulty is a fair shout for top 3 goal scorers this season. He's come from from nowhere End of October Couple of goals. Probably the most in form striker in league two at the moment.

His range of goals has pleasantly surprised me. Lobs, chips, strikes from outside the area and even a header.

18 month contract left. It would take a ridiculous bid of 500k plus for even it to be considered. And even then would we have sufficient time to line up alternative.

It ain't happening, he's going nowhere.

ccfcway

very unlikely

joint 10th top striker in league two

Interestingly the only one of the top 20 goalscorers without a single assist

steve82

I feel it's unlikely, we would price him out of any move as MR reminded us we're lucky to have him he's a player for higher leagues.

However the only reason I suggest a bid may come is due to interest in other strikers in the league which ranges from Billy Kee to the likes of Danny Hylton.

covcity4life

No i dont think so. Hes jist found house to live and gets on very well with doyle. Also.knows hes a key man here sbd probably wants to finish the job

Only team.worth going to above us is blackburn with their bisnt manager and they wuite frankly dont need him.

He will stay

I am more concerned about willis whos pace mops up so many potential problems before they can happen

steve82

No i dont think so. Hes jist found house to live and gets on very well with doyle. Also.knows hes a key man here sbd probably wants to finish the job

Only team.worth going to above us is blackburn with their bisnt manager and they wuite frankly dont need him.

He will stay

I am more concerned about willis whos pace mops up so many potential problems before they can happen

I know I was a pro sell Willis to get reinvest in the side man but I'm more 50/50 on that now.

Willis has grown a lot in December and put some big performances in now, tho I could still be tempted for a much bigger fee now with Rod Mcdonald twiddling his thumbs waiting to return. Would depend on who MR has lined up to pull the trigger on and get in to benefit the side.

It's far tricker to call now as he's become a pivotal figure.

I think the key with McNulty is his relationship with MR, plus he's the first name on the team sheet here.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
No. Didn’t have the best record before signing for us, and it took him long enough to start scoring for us, so I suspect teams won’t be chasing him just yet. Maybe the summer if he goes on to knock in 20+, but I think we’re safe this window

If he moved now, the season would be over before he nets his first for any new club ;)

Otis

I know I was a pro sell Willis to get reinvest in the side man but I'm more 50/50 on that now.

Willis has grown a lot in December and put some big performances in now, tho I could still be tempted for a much bigger fee now with Rod Mcdonald twiddling his thumbs waiting to return. Would depend on who MR has lined up to pull the trigger on and get in to benefit the side.

It's far tricker to call now as he's become a pivotal figure.

I think the key with McNulty is his relationship with MR, plus he's the first name on the team sheet here.
I think Willis will be more in demand than ever after his efforts of late.

I can still see him leaving.

better days

I think Willis will be more in demand than ever after his efforts of late.

I can still see him leaving.
Willis has got the attribute every manager is looking for - great pace
He's likely to be the type of player Championship and lesser Premier League teams will look at
British players are in especially in demand as fashions seem to have changed

johnwillomagic

Don't really want anyone to leave but of names listed and where we are currently if we could get decent money it would be Stevenson for me!
To answer the question though no I think we will be safe on McNulty which is great news as has rest of season to propel us to the autos!

Liquid Gold

McWankty? Nobody would be interested.

If an offer comes in we should sell and invest in a guaranteed 20 goal a season target man. (someones got to say it now)

harvey098

He will stay

Agree with the Willis comment. Best defender in the league for me.

Mcbean

Top scorer with 18 goals this morning FGR - Grubb never heard of him - come in from somewhere with a of pub goals or something ? they are second from bottom - also about conceding !

Stan 43

9 league goals in 10 games now, 11 in the league, 14 goals in 29 appearances for the season.

Surely he's got to be on someone's short list this January.

Dread to think should we receive a bid, but I'd be hopeful that he'd repay his faith in MR like MR did with him.
i think he will go next season,if he keeps scoring.will miss him, my fav player

BackRoomRummermill

If he keeps scoring at the rate he has been since he scored first , then he will be top league scorer for sure , me and few others off to Ibiza if that happens

Grendel

very unlikely

joint 10th top striker in league two

Interestingly the only one of the top 20 goalscorers without a single assist

Not a surprise is it as he’s the only player scoring goals.

Bristol sky blue

Anyone fearing a realistic approach for Mark Robins?
Win over Stoke will have made some take notice of his achievements here - has shaken up a relegated squad, coped with injuries to key players, got the best defensive record in the league.

I think he has some feeling for the club (and unfinished business) but we shouldn't be surprised if someone tries to poach him for their club...

Grendel

Win over Stoke will have made some take notice of his achievements here - has shaken up a relegated squad, coped with injuries to key players, got the best defensive record in the league.

I think he has some feeling for the club (and unfinished business) but we shouldn't be surprised if someone tries to poach him for their club...

No

steve82

I see the valid point you make, MK Dons for instance my look at the job he's done here.

Nah he's got sky blue blood, lightning don't strike twice surely at this time of year!!

It's only a few weeks away from the last time he departed.

mark82

No, not really. People would expect us to be promoted from this division so until he does that no-one will take much notice.

BackRoomRummermill

I think he has some feeling for the club (and unfinished business) but we shouldn't be surprised if someone tries to poach him for their club...[/QUOT
No chance

Brighton Sky Blue

Willis has got the attribute every manager is looking for - great pace
He's likely to be the type of player Championship and lesser Premier League teams will look at
British players are in especially in demand as fashions seem to have changed

He isn't. He would need a barnstorming season in League 1 for that to happen, same for any of our players and Robins for that matter.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

16/1 5th favourite for the Watford job on BetBull.com

Legia Sky Blue

Best striker we've had for years.

Interestingly, in the last 20 seasons since Dublin hit 23 we've only had Wilson (22 goals) and Armstrong (20 goals) hit 20+ in a season.

McNulty now has 14 with just under half the season to go.

He is doing well & is certainly better than any striker we had last season, but he is playing in League 2 and is not better than Armstrong, Wilson, Clarke, McGoldrick or King.

ccfcway

not sure why people are worried about the 10th top scorer in league two. if he goes we have the money to buy one of the top 9 :)

RegTheDonk

No, unless stupid money offered. Robins has worked within his budget and Tim must realise cashing in will piss him off and give more excuses for fans to moan and stay away.

ccfcway

No, unless stupid money offered. Robins has worked within his budget and Tim must realise cashing in will piss him off and give more excuses for fans to moan and stay away.

or just enable us to buy someone better ?

define stupid money for the 10th top scorer in league two ? 100k ?

Users who are viewing this thread