anyone else feel our reaction to the first goal..... (1 Viewer)

CovMatt1987

.....is what cost us the overall tie tonight?

we were clearly the stronger team. at 1-0 down with still 120 minutes of the TIE still to go, we were still in such a strong position. the only way they looked likely to score was on the counter attack - and we absolutely played into that.

pressed too much, committed forward and panicked - I thin the pressure of the big crowd really panicked the players to feel they needed a goal straight back. We would have gotten them over the next 120 minutes overall even from 1-0 down, if we had just played our normal game.

Sorry, just ranting. its so frustrating cos we were much the better team, and I think its our reaction to that goal which has totally cost us.

SkyBlue_Bear83

I think some of that is spot on, we definitely over committed. I would say the players started panicking in the last 10 kinda and started to make mistakes

We didn't need to go all out for the equaliser as it was only HT in the tie, the desire to win in front of the big crowd was what made them push on. That mistake has probably cost us the tie as I would have felt confident going into the second leg only needing to overturn 1 goal

CovMatt1987

I dont think we did need the first goal. we could have carried that game on the same way for the final 30 minutes, continued to be the better team and I think if we remained patient we would have got the goal.

but we panicked and it cost us on the break. even if we hadnt scored, I still feel we would have a very good chance at 1-0 to make up away

CovMatt1987

the panicking started even earlier. alot of our fans were moaning at their keeper for 'time wasting' but it all came from some really poor, wasteful balls we played which just went out for goal kicks, not even near City players. that started happening after the first goal went in.

Users who are viewing this thread