Anybody watched mission to burnley ? (1 Viewer)

Evo1883

It's been a decent eye opener for me in regards to elite tactics and how long for a team with so many new additions to become cohesive and understand what's required of them , they signed 16 players

Vincent kompany talking about needing 100 training sessions , and at that point his team understood 4-6 pressing styles and 4 formations .

Coventry mentioned in the same breath as West brom in the series as being compact narrow and hard to play against .

I guess the point of this thread is to illustrate how long it could take for us to click .. the time frame used by kompany was 3 months

Burnley were slow burners early doors last season, even though they weren't losing they drew a fair few early on dropping many points .

Anybody seen the show ? Very impressed by kompany tbh

Last edited:

SeaSeeEffCee

Is there anything on the O’Hare saga? I guess we’d probably know by now if there had been but it was said by both skybluebeliever and Better Days at the time that he’d agreed to go before he got injured last summer. Would be interesting to know if that was indeed true and if it was covered.

Evo1883

Is there anything on the O’Hare saga? I guess we’d probably know by now if there had been but it was said by both skybluebeliever and Better Days at the time that he’d agreed to go before he got injured last summer. Would be interesting to know if that was indeed true and if it was covered.
Didn't see anything

PVA

I watched the first episode last night, very interesting.

Although he only featured towards the end of the episode, from what I saw he seems very impressive and incredibly driven. Certainly seems like he’ll go on to have a very successful managerial career.

rob9872

It's been a decent eye opener for me in regards to elite tactics and how long for a team with so many new additions to become cohesive and understand what's required of them , they signed 16 players

Vincent kompany talking about needing 100 training sessions , and at that point his team understood 4-6 pressing styles and 4 formations .

Coventry mentioned in the same breath as West brom in the series as being compact narrow and hard to play against .

I guess the point of this thread is to illustrate how long it could take for us to click .. the time frame used by kompany was 3 months

Burnley were slow burners early doors last season, even though they weren't losing they drew a fair few early on dropping many points .

Not seen it but if that's the level of detail he's used to, it could explain why players like Grealish, Ake etc all took time to be what Pep wanted and find their place in the City side. Might mean players like Philliis also improve and perhaps not to be written off at City yet.

Sbarcher

The Newcastle series just started on Sky Documentaries. Ep1 out with Ep2 this weekend.

covcity4life

It was obviois kompany was good last season but dinosaur footy fans put it all down to money.

I remember defending him after first few weeks of season as people said Burnley won't get promoted etc

Ain't seen the documentary. Will give it a watch.

Last edited:

Hobo

On top of that, I think Tottenham and Chelsea think it takes a player moving to another country up to 18 months to settle properly into their new environment.

Mucca Mad Boys

On top of that, I think Tottenham and Chelsea think it takes a player moving to another country up to 18 months to settle properly into their new environment.
Just think how good Haaland will be this season if that’s the case…

Gint11

I was impressed with his comment when they won the Championship and said “we’re not champions, we’re 21st in the pyramid”

no_loyalty

I have watched all episodes of the Burnley documentary and the released episode of the Newcastle one. Kompany comes across as a decent bloke who always says the right things. I guess they edited out the O’Hare transfer saga, if it was ever discussed.

I was eleven in 87

It’s very good and just started watching the second episode.
Had to laugh when he was screaming at McNally in training for fuckin about with the ball!!

covcity4life

I have watched all episodes of the Burnley documentary and the released episode of the Newcastle one. Kompany comes across as a decent bloke who always says the right things. I guess they edited out the O’Hare transfer saga, if it was ever discussed.
Was it really that big of a saga? Probably moreso for us than them.

Sick Boy

It was obviois kompany was good last season but dinosaur footy fans put it all down to money.

I remember defending him after first few weeks of season as people said Burnley won't get promoted etc

Ain't seen the documentary. Will give it a watch.
Yeah I remember the general consensus was they’d struggle.

Hobo

Watched it yesterday and enjoyed it.

SBAndy

Yeah I remember the general consensus was they’d struggle.

Not afraid to put my head above the parapet and say I thought they’d struggle big time. Didn’t see where the goals were coming from and it seemed the new owners were going to withdraw funding. Added to the fact that top players very rarely make good managers.

Hobo

I remember Slowpoke being convinced they didn't have a pot to piss in, despite all the players they were bringing in!

If you watch the programme they had to sell a lot of players and had a strict budget. The Chairman was concerned they had over spent once you took into account bonuses and add ones, and the accountant said with the loss of revenue the income was flat.

Kompany was in agreement with the board. If you stayed in the Championship you had to spot potential and buy before they could command a real fee. Then develop players and you would have to sell one or two each year for a big fee in order to survive.

Mcbean

Good doc - laughed every time Bellend was in it glorified ball boy - Kompany let him do the final brief at Blackburn because he had played there - every other word was effing - landed on his feet there the twat !

SlowerThanPlatt

Not professionally produced (obvs) but the Yeovil one is also worth a watch covering their relegation to National League South

Sky Blue Pete

Apple or prime?

Brighton Sky Blue

I always think these fly on the wall documentaries are much more interesting when a season goes pair shaped!
Not really fly on the wall is it, much like the sanitised ones on Amazon. The genuine ones of the 90s and early 00s however:

Leyton Orient
Doncaster
Chester

Nothing obviously staged for a camera in those.

Users who are viewing this thread