Anybody want a job at Coventry City? (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Coventry City and the Aspire Group are recruiting...

Full-Time Sales Consultant (Maternity Cover, possible extension for the right person),
FRMC – Coventry City Football Club

Who We Are:

Coventry City Football Club and its partner The Aspire Group have created an exciting opportunity to join their 'Fan Relationship Management Centre' (FRMC) at Coventry City FC. The position will be based in Coventry at the Ricoh Arena. This position is offered as maternity cover but a full time position may become available for the right person.

Position Overview:

Coventry City FC and the Aspire Group seek a teachable, positive and passionate individual that is committed to becoming a sports sales industry leader through superior customer service. The Sales Consultant’s revenue will be generated primarily via outbound phone calls. These calls will be supplemented with email marketing and stadium tours.

The individual will also be the face of the club when representing them at community events. Day to day leadership and mentoring of this career growth oriented sport sales development program will be provided by the FRMC Manager. Sales Consultants will receive the tools, programs and systems necessary for them to "BE GREAT."

Essential Duties and Responsibilities:

• Performing outbound calls to sell:
o Season Tickets
o Partial / Mini ticket packages
o Group Tickets,
o Hospitality and other ticket plans as available for Coventry City FC.
• Make 80-100 outbound calls daily
• Meet or exceed weekly and monthly sales goals while exceeding client expectations in value and customer service
• Conduct in-arena appointments with prospective buyers
• Represent Coventry City FC at various events in the community
• Maintain detailed computerised records of all prospects and customers within the Customer Relationship Management and Ticketing databases
• Be active in creating an excellent experience for individuals and groups on a match day
• Additional responsibilities as assigned by Manager

Qualifications & Requirements:

• Possess a degree in relevant field, BSc in Sport Marketing or Business Management preferred
• Knowledge of CRM processes, experience with See 360 Ticketing system preferred
• Previous customer service or retail sales experience
• Computer proficient (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point) and detail oriented
• Desire to start and grow a career in the sport business
• Excellent communication, presentation and listening skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Proven ability to correctly use punctuation and grammar
• Assertive, persistent and results orientated approach to service
• Excellent relationship building and interpersonal skills
• Professional image and demeanor
• Ability to work well with others, comfortable taking initiative and the ability to work flexible hours; evenings and weekends as required

Compensation: Competitive hourly pay, plus commissions based on meeting weekly sales goals

Why on earth would you need a marketing degree for making outbound calls?

So it is phoning up people to sell season tickets if they haven't renewed and promise we have made signings etc? :facepalm:

It doesn't mention job security either.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
basically they want a good looking but cheap cold call sales person that is chatty so they can do the odd event or stadium tour. There is no job security because it is offered as maternity cover. Fail to see why you need a degree to do the job. Wouldnt recommend the job to my daughter thats for sure.

it is also a job and income very much at the mercy of how the team performs ........ that would not inspire me to take it on certainly

Nick

Administrator
basically they want a good looking but cheap cold call sales person that is chatty so they can do the odd event or stadium tour. There is no job security because it is offered as maternity cover. Fail to see why you need a degree to do the job. Wouldnt recommend the job to my daughter thats for sure.

it is also a job and income very much at the mercy of how the team performs ........ that would not inspire me to take it on certainly

Do you write your own brutally honest job ads? :whistle:

skybluejelly

its the way its going..can not believe how many secretaries at work have degrees...the way it has gone they are not worth anything anymore but you still need one even to get the most basic job

Nick

Administrator
When I was like 12-13 I probably couldn't think of a better realistic job than working for Coventry City in one way or another. Now I can't think of anything worse :(

kevinleftpeg

I assume this is a 2.5hr a week role :claping hands:

Why the fuck do you need a degree. Some mamby pamby, hoity toity, brown cord wearing no mark who thinks they are god because they studied for 15hrs over3yrs to get a piece of paper that means sweet FA- BOLLOCKS!

The key to this role is common sense (largely in short supply)communication skills & personality & having a decent rack when showing fat Business types around. I have forwarded the Missus's CV.....

Finally, what's the criteria to become a member of the Playing staff? On current performances a pre-requisite is not to able to being any good at your job, let alone a degree, the useless :jerkit:'s

superskyblue

I assume this is a 2.5hr a week role :claping hands:

Why the fuck do you need a degree. Some mamby pamby, hoity toity, brown cord wearing no mark who thinks they are god because they studied for 15hrs over3yrs to get a piece of paper that means sweet FA- BOLLOCKS!

The key to this role is common sense (largely in short supply)communication skills & personality & having a decent rack when showing fat Business types around. I have forwarded the Missus's CV.....

Finally, what's the criteria to become a member of the Playing staff? On current performances a pre-requisite is not to able to being any good at your job, let alone a degree, the useless :jerkit:'s

Guess you havent got a degree then haha :p

Tad

Surely they have enough professional bollock talkers up there already?

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Compensation: Competitive hourly pay, plus commissions based on meeting weekly sales goals

What???!!! No free tickets to the games?

Paxman II

They surely have that wrong?
A degree in Business management? I have one of those and would consider such a job as well and truly beneath my qualifications!
I assume from the mention of 'maternity' cover they are seeking another woman? Why can't they just say so, all this liberal garbage.

Tad

Only if you don't meet your sales targets.

That's what i call incentivisation.

Can also mean you only get paid x amount if you reach targets too. If say you get told to sell 20 tickets and you don't or can't, by contract they don't have to pay you x amount either. The same rules apply for a lot people that work in sales. In short, you get paid what you sell..

Last edited:

lordsummerisle

Can also mean you only get paid x amount if you reach targets too. If say you get told to sell 20 tickets and you don't or can't, by contract they don't have to pay you x amount either. The same rules apply for a lot people that work in sales. In short, you get paid what you sell..

Was really referring to them only getting free tickets if they didn't reach their targets.

Force them to go every game if they don't.

scroobiustom

the job ad should read:

striker wanted, enquire within (where is teletext when we need it!)

Tad

Was really referring to them only getting free tickets if they didn't reach their targets.

Force them to go every game if they don't.

Clever! Think we do the same with our players too ;)

tbh444

Damn I was so close on this one but just not 'detail oriented' enough, and my approach to service is orientated well away from results - will have to give it a miss on this occasion (hmm, what's the difference between oriented and orientated anyhow?)

Covstu

Surely the only qualification would be: must have put up with supporting thisnshite for numerous years!!

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
I think the interesting part is who CCFC are advertising with .... The Aspire Group........... am guessing a change in marketing direction

http://www.theaspiregroupinc.com/

one of their clients is our M69 neighbours

CovMatt1987

I think the interesting part is who CCFC are advertising with .... The Aspire Group........... am guessing a change in marketing direction

http://www.theaspiregroupinc.com/

one of their clients is our M69 neighbours

theyve used the Aspire group for at least the last three or so years. They have this exact same job at most other clubs (one of which as you say being Leicester) and the Aspire Group manage it across country.

80 - 100 calls a day is insanity. I am assuming the advertising isnt charged by the word, as if it were, this ad would just read 'phone monkey wanted'

lordsummerisle

80 - 100 calls a day is insanity. I am assuming the advertising isnt charged by the word, as if it were, this ad would just read 'phone monkey wanted'

I don't know, you'd get an early finish every day:

"Good morning, this is Coventry City Football Club Marketing department, I was wondering if.."

"No thanks" click, brrr...

I often get emkails from the club on myi phone which say:

"This message has no content"

True enough.

ronan_cov

Never get a job at ccfc until we have been taken over! You will probably have your job for a week then we go bust;););););)

Users who are viewing this thread