Anybody read footballers autobiographys ? (1 Viewer)

CovisGod

Just read Fergies latest one and found it really interesting. Anybody read any others ? Been looking at the Joey Barton one as I can only imagine what's gone on in his career, and maybe Ian Wrights. Anybody recommend any others ?

Terry Gibson's perm

Gary Nelson's is the best I have read, off topic but just about to start a Jonathon Trott's

Monners

I have read Morrisey's -very good,and may seem off topic,but he is Robbie Keane's second cousin so almost relevant.

ajsccfc

I read Tony Adams' one years ago, that stood out amongst the general fluff pieces of the time as being frank and honest. Recently I've enjoyed Ibrahimovic, Maradona and Pirlo, all people you could easily think have disappeared up their own arse if they didn't justify the hype. I got the Bergkamp one for a quid too, haven't got started on that yet though. Meant to be more about football theory than juicy stories.

The Pele one is alright, but a bit too matter of fact. 'I did this, then this, then this happened, thanks for reading' Got to Tesco too late to get it signed too, load of arse.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Paul Merson's was a good read.

The bit when he joined Boro & somebody came up with the idea for him & Gazza to house share & as there was nothing to do on Sunday's they would down red wine and sleeping tablets to see who could stay awake the longest!

fernandopartridge

Just read Fergies latest one and found it really interesting. Anybody read any others ? Been looking at the Joey Barton one as I can only imagine what's gone on in his career, and maybe Ian Wrights. Anybody recommend any others ?
Barton and Wright both utter cunts

no_loyalty

I read Gordon Ramsay's autobiography, that was a fucking good read

Gazolba

I enjoyed George Best's autobiography and Brian Clough's.

covroy

older ones like micky quinns, "who ate all the pies",greavsie.merson's and leon mckenzie's "my fight for life". off topic frank skinners and specials horace panter"ska'd for life"

Covstu

Fergies was okay, Keanes was pretty good (Roy), most of my autobios have been cycling at the moment

Users who are viewing this thread