Any Transfer News? (1 Viewer)

Kingokings204

Been a while now? Nothing is even on the horizon. I would of thought we need 3-4 players in my opinion.

Time is running out although the loan market is still open of course. I'm not nervous it's just we do need quality players in and seems to have gone very quiet.

Kingokings204

Just thing we need strikers. 2 strikers would be good. And some utility players.

LJC_CCFC

We win the first three out of our four league games, yet we need 4 new players. An additional striker (Lateef) would be nice and the potential for loan signings is there after the window closes, but I'm not THAT desperate for new signings.

shmmeee

We win the first three out of our four league games, yet we need 4 new players. An additional striker (Lateef) would be nice and the potential for loan signings is there after the window closes, but I'm not THAT desperate for new signings.

I never understand the logic that we need to sign two or three subs for each position. What decent player is going to come to sit on the bench? Why sign a player that wouldn't go straight into your first team when you've got a limited budget? Far more sensible to keep a bit back for an emergency loan if needed.

NorthernWisdom

I never understand the logic that we need to sign two or three subs for each position. What decent player is going to come to sit on the bench? Why sign a player that wouldn't go straight into your first team when you've got a limited budget? Far more sensible to keep a bit back for an emergency loan if needed.

Yeah, to an extent I'd rather we used our own youngsters as immediate backup (in the hope they can grow into first team regulars) and only sign players who are automatic first team calibre, or who have the long term potential to be.

We do however need a big lummox who can play up front I think, regardless of anything else. Once we get rugby games too on the pitch it may not be as great, and there's always room for different styles depending on opponents' strengths and weaknesses.

Samo

Yeah, to an extent I'd rather we used our own youngsters as immediate backup (in the hope they can grow into first team regulars) and only sign players who are automatic first team calibre, or who have the long term potential to be.

We do however need a big lummox who can play up front I think, regardless of anything else. Once we get rugby games too on the pitch it may not be as great, and there's always room for different styles depending on opponents' strengths and weaknesses.

Agreed, although I'd rather he were big but not a lummox.

Kingokings204

That's all well and good but what if Armstrong gets injured tomorrow in training and Fleck before southend?

That's my point yes we have won 3 out of 4 but if we stand still because we think we have done enough then we will start losing more often.

LJC_CCFC

That's all well and good but what if Armstrong gets injured tomorrow in training and Fleck before southend?

That's my point yes we have won 3 out of 4 but if we stand still because we think we have done enough then we will start losing more often.

But they might not. If that is the case then the loan window can be used. If we continue to replicate what we've already done this season, we will continue to win games. Trust in TM.

Sick Boy

What if the entire team get injured and we are docked points?

I don't see the point in filling the squad with average/poor players; isn't that what Pressley got lambasted for?

Kingokings204

What if the entire team get injured and we are docked points?

I don't see the point in filling the squad with average/poor players; isn't that what Pressley got lambasted for?

Yes I'm just stating we need cover imo. All well and good replacing only when they are injured sure I get that we don't have a massive budget but people keep saying well to bring in piss poor players well why can't you bring good players and put them straight into the side? Improve what we have and build on a good start.

Philosorapter

I came down to the theory that the less the squad budget is each week now, the more we can afford a decent few players to challenge for the top 6 later on in the season. Law of averages and all that.

Could be completely wrong though.

FRY-CCFC

Yes I'm just stating we need cover imo. All well and good replacing only when they are injured sure I get that we don't have a massive budget but people keep saying well to bring in piss poor players well why can't you bring good players and put them straight into the side? Improve what we have and build on a good start.

Squad:

GK: Burge, RCC

RB: Willis, Phillips, DKE

CB: Ricketts, Johnson, Martin, Harries

LB: Stokes, Haynes

CDM: Vincelot, Fleck, Morris, Thomas, Finch

RM: JOB, Murphy, Lameiras, Swanson, Maddison

LM: JOB, Murphy, Lameiras, Swanson, Maddison

CAM: Maddison, Swanson, Lameiras, JOB, Thomas

ST: Armstrong, Tudgay, Thomas

More signings expected.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Which is probably exactly what Mowbray is thinking, he's looking for players who will be able to contribute and improve the first team which is why it won't be 3 to 4 players and probably be 1 or 2.

Realistically who are we going to get who is better than Armstrong? Is it worth getting some big striker in to sit on the bench every week?

We could definitely do with signing another attacking midfielder/wide player now with Maddison injury. We have Lameiras and JOB who I'm fairly happy with but question marks over Swanson future/quality and Murphy yet to prove himself. Then I'm probably looking at the full back positions, Willis injury gives us a good excuse to improve a position that was looking weak in the right back area.

Users who are viewing this thread