Any Supporters Outside Of UK? (1 Viewer)

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
Hopefully this thread will give insight to the fanbase of ccfc around the world.So far as far as i know im the only ccfc supporter from my city in Ireland which is Limerick.Just wondering what other parts of the world ccfc supporters are from and what ccfc uk supporters think of how some supporters can come from anywhere in the world.I started supporting coventry in 1994 to which then i was a united supporter as a kid until i saw them play coventry which after the game i turned around to my dad and said i dont follow united anymore im a coventry supporter now to which my dad laughed then when he say i was serious hung his head in shame but then looked up and said least your not united anymore this coming from a liverpool supporter lol.

Nick

Administrator
I think it is good when people from abroad support lower league teams rather than the usual Man Utd, Arsenal etc.

I think Brian McFadden and Eddie Jordan are both city fans as well? :)

jpskyblue

Reply, i have just moved back to the UK from the Channel Islands (Guernsey).
I managed to find 3 genuine City fans apart from myself, so we managed at least 1 "jolly" a month to often "suffer" the Sky Blues

Nick

Administrator
Are you in the Black Country now? Just by looking at your location so surely that isn't part of the UK? ha!

kippernz49

hi,I was born in Cov,but have lived in New Zealand for 45 years.get up at 3.00am most games(we are 12 hours ahead of you here)and log into BBC sports to get the games in text. Saw my first game at Highfield Road in 58/59.....old sod aye !!!!!!!!!!!!!:wave::wave::wave::wave::wave:

czech_boi

Hi, i am a Coventry City supporter from Melbourne, Australia. I have been following City since 1998, i remember i started following them after i saw Mustapha Hadji's amazing goal in World Cup 98 against Norway where he was played through just over the half way line cut into the box, did a step over and slotted the ball into the far corner.. At the time, i was thinking wow, who does this guy play for? i would love to watch more of him. At the time of the goal he was at Deportivo but once he moved to City that was it, City for life. Add to the fact that Coventry had a prominent Aussie in John Aloisi on the books, and i was hooked but i would like to point out it was more Hadji than Aloisi that got me to City, which is a bit sad considering his difection to Villa.

I am pleased to say earlier this year i managed to visit Coventry and it is a wonderful town. I have a friend who lives there and while on a business trip in London, i took the two hour train ride to Coventry to visit her. She took me to the Ricoh on the last game of the season when City was away to Ipswich and when we got there we realised there was nothing to do. However, my friend kindly explained that i had come all the way from Melbourne, well one of the security gaurds said follow me and he walked us through the stadium out into the ground where the corporate sponsor tournament was on. All i can say is it was amazing and many thanks to the security gaurd for giving me the oppurtunity to see the pitch and take a number of photos.

As for more supporters, that security gaurd told me he had family in Melbourne who are City fans, and i have seen one other person walking around the City with a City shirt on. I must say i wear mine with pride in the fact that i am not one of the sheep and enjoy when people ask me which shirt i am wearing.

Well thats all i have for now, i may share a pic later on of me at the stadium.

Last edited:

pagey89

Wouldnt call me a supporter but since i have known of footiefrenzy i would always keep an eye for results and im from Derry

ckcc100

How did you start supporting coventry? welcome to the site.

when the time r.keane was still in the squad,
i still remember some of them like hadji,chippo,mcallister,shaw,hedman......
and watched the game play against manutd,ccfc was really brilliant!
so i love coventry city~~
but in asia, most ppl support big teams like manu,liverpool..
they even never heard abt teams in the lower league..
btw,i bought one ccfc 125th anniversary jersey, it cant be found in hk,
so special i got one!! lol

Nick

Administrator
It is amazing to see some of the far away supporters. I like it when people choose smaller teams rather than the usual Man Utd or Liverpool.

Hopefully when we play on Sky this season it will be good for you guys to watch and hopefully get you a good result!

czech_boi

It is amazing to see some of the far away supporters. I like it when people choose smaller teams rather than the usual Man Utd or Liverpool.

Hopefully when we play on Sky this season it will be good for you guys to watch and hopefully get you a good result!

I know in Australia, the cable tv company i am a subscriber to gets maybe one championship game a week, so last year i think i saw 4 games, the time difference makes it hard plus daylight savings, but every Tuesday night on the same channel we get the Football League Highlight Show which is on prime time on a Tuesday so that is my saviour.

Malavon

greetings fellow city fans everywhere, i'm a city fan from singapore. been supporting them since the famous 87 FA Cup final against spurs(my dad is a former spurs fan). that special match was the first time i watch football on telly. my favourite all time city player was Big O'l Oggy. a great servant of the club indeed.

i've been collecting city jerseys home and away (even 3rd kits) since 1993. i have almost all city 90's onwards home jerseys except for this season and the 1992 season. their away jerseys are much harder to find. i have yet to travel to coventry(which i hope i can do that in 2010). my greatest regret is not being able to visit Highfield Road before it was taken down.

since city got relegated (i blame gordon strachan), watching city matches is a luxury here. i have yet to find another city supporter in my country so i feel more like home here as a city fan. Btw, we kick off to a good start this season against those Tractor Boys. i wasnt really surprised coz city always do well at the start of the season. hopefully we can maintain our form throughout the campaign. play up sky blues!

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
Good to have you here man,ya great start to the season our record is now 9-0 for winning the opening game of the season lets keep it up.

Users who are viewing this thread