Any SBT Users on Facebook? (1 Viewer)

Sky_Blue_Daz

If so could you please Join this group, It regards a freind of mine who has Muscular Dystrophy. He is 34 and was taken very ill before Christmas and had to a have a Trachestomy fitted to enable him to breathe easier. Since Christmas he has lived in either a critical care unit in Hospital or now in a Care home. His local primary care trust a refusing to fund his family home to be renovated so he can live the rest of his life with his famliy.
And want to keep him in the care home against his will.
Please could you join this group to show support and hopefully Sway the Primary Care Trust and allow him to live at Home. Thank you all for your time Sky_Blue_Daz
http://www.facebook.com/#!/home.php?sk=group_108062499285297&ap=1

Sky_Blue_Daz

I'll pass that on to his sister Thanks Rich:)

Sky_Blue_Daz

Yeah, He has been in a lot of media lately. A lad he know's who lives in Redditch with the same condition got the funding without any problems. Its a postcode Lottery

Last edited:

LastGarrison

I've read about this chap and it is a sad case so I mean no disrespect by this but......

Is this now the case in modern society that whenever we want to protest or stand up and make a stance we resort to a Facebook campaign? All I ever here now is a page has been set up on Facebook against this and protesting against that.

I might sound like an old grump but is this really the first thing we think of when we feel an injustice, starting a fucking Facebook campaign?

This country has gone soft.

Monday morning rant over.

I've read about this chap and it is a sad case so I mean no disrespect by this but......

Is this now the case in modern society that whenever we want to protest or stand up and make a stance we resort to a Facebook campaign? All I ever here now is a page has been set up on Facebook against this and protesting against that.

I might sound like an old grump but is this really the first thing we think of when we feel an injustice, starting a fucking Facebook campaign?

This country has gone soft.

Monday morning rant over.

I think you'll find that's what I said, just in a more polite manner.

LastGarrison

I think you'll find that's what I said, just in a more polite manner.

Possibly but is there really that much difference between an online petition and a Facebook campaign?

Phone calls, letters, protests outside the local Primary Care Trust etc. Getting the media involved definitely helps.

Like I say I am not being case specific here but it just seems that as soon as something bad happens etc. peoples first thoughts are to do a Facebook campaign.

Possibly but is there really that much difference between an online petition and a Facebook campaign?

Phone calls, letters, protests outside the local Primary Care Trust etc. Getting the media involved definitely helps.

Like I say I am not being case specific here but it just seems that as soon as something bad happens etc. peoples first thoughts are to do a Facebook campaign.

You obviously didn't check the link that I posted. It details how to create a written petition and deliver it to No. 10 Downing Street (with permission from the police).

LastGarrison

No I didn't. I (incorrectly) assumed it was a link to the online petition site.

Like I say this is just a general rant to the way that Facebook seems to be the first place people think of rather than pursuing different, possibly more noticable avenues of protest.

Sky_Blue_Daz

No I didn't. I (incorrectly) assumed it was a link to the online petition site.

Like I say this is just a general rant to the way that Facebook seems to be the first place people think of rather than pursuing different, possibly more noticable avenues of protest.
Are you joining it then;)
To be honest the family are trying all kinds of methods to bring him home, the group on Facebook is an easier way because Matt and alot of his friends from College can access social networks sights and lend support that way as they may not have the confidence or even in some cases the physical attriubutes to compose a letter. The facebook group is easily accesible for them

LastGarrison

Like I say it wasn't a slight on you or this group but just society in general and how everyone's first thoughts are now to do a Facebook campaign!

I've now shook my Monday morning blues off since my original post!

Sky_Blue_Daz

Just found out the PCT Have changed their minds and allowed the funding, which Means Matt will be home in a few months.
Thanks to everyone on here who joined the group

Users who are viewing this thread