Any physiotherapists on here?

jimmyhillsfanclub

May 31, 2012
here
I know the SBT is a forum full of experts on everything.....but just wondering if we have a proper trained & qualified physio on here willing to help me out with some guidance on rehabilitation exercises?

Google throws up all sorts of shite & I don't want to do more harm than good.

Cheers in advance, JHFC.

jimmyhillsfanclub

May 31, 2012
here
What injury did you have? I'm not qualified but my Football career was a sunday league Keith o neill
Rotator cuff tear. Did it about 7 weeks ago, but still struggling to heal.

Nick

Administrator
Feb 25, 2008
Coventry
I did my groin in about a year ago, bad tear. Had some needles in it and it worked a treat.

I know it's a pain at the minute to get to a physio but you could try one of these?

Amazon product
I had one of those that I used, it was a weirdly nice feeling too.

As for exercises, I can't help unless you have a groin injury.

wingy

Jul 9, 2011
I did my groin in about a year ago, bad tear. Had some needles in it and it worked a treat.

I know it's a pain at the minute to get to a physio but you could try one of these?

Amazon product
I had one of those that I used, it was a weirdly nice feeling too.

As for exercises, I can't help unless you have a groin injury.
Don't they work in the same way as ultrasonic physio device
Would a tens device be beneficial?

Sbarcher

Mar 23, 2011
Oxford
I've just started doing some neck exercises on line.
Doing it through Healthshare Oxfordshire.
Have a look it's really good with loads of exercises and useful stuff.

Just looked and there's no groin treatment in there.

Last edited:

clint van damme

May 3, 2015
Rotator cuff tear. Did it about 7 weeks ago, but still struggling to heal.
That's more than likely an op. And sorry to be the bearer of bad news but a fucking painful one.
I know two people who've had it in the last couple of years.

skybluesam66

Mar 29, 2011
tore mine around 3 years ago - still not 100% . couldnt raise arm above about 30%. Lots of strengthening exercises, eg pushing outer palm against wall, with straight arm - effectively lots of pulling and pushing exercises
Certainly worked to strengthen, but as said, still struggle with right arm to lift high

jimmyhillsfanclub

May 31, 2012
here
No worries. Sent a reply. Let me know if you want me to expand on what I said.
I may be being a bit thick, but I can't see your reply? I assume it should be found in the "conversations" section, but I can only see my message to you?

Can you resend it please?

wingy

Jul 9, 2011
I may be being a bit thick, but I can't see your reply? I assume it should be found in the "conversations" section, but I can only see my message to you?

Can you resend it please?
You should be able to access it from your email address.

jimmyhillsfanclub

May 31, 2012
here
You should be able to access it from your email address.
Cheers wingy, although its not there either.....must have vanished into the ether....

Never mind though, as I've now found a local clinic offering free consultations via zoom.....

....A personal first for me too....first time in my life I've been asked to take clothes off via a webcam:wideyed:

Reactions: wingy

shmmeee

Jul 11, 2011
Coventry, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
Cheers wingy, although its not there either.....must have vanished into the ether....

Never mind though, as I've now found a local clinic offering free consultations via zoom.....

....A personal first for me too....first time in my life I've been asked to take clothes off via a webcam:wideyed:
Wait until you get the demand to transfer several Bitcoin or they’ll release the video.

jimmyhillsfanclub

May 31, 2012
here
Wait until you get the demand to transfer several Bitcoin or they’ll release the video.
Ha....is there a market for topless shots of a middle aged man stretching his shoulder & wincing?

....I'm off to make an "onlyfans" page

Reactions: shmmeee

wingy

Jul 9, 2011

Another thought.
It may be to do with your settings on this site.
Certain consents required .
I was in there on my own the other day but can't remember how Lol.
Thought it may be from profile page maybe?