Any films you've NEVER seen? (1 Viewer)

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I can't stand Sci-fi or fantasy nonsense, so I have never seen a single episode of Star Trek, never seen a Star Wars film, sat through about the first 8-10 minutes of Lord of the Rings then took the DVD back coz I found it boring, so I've never seen these either. I just can't get my head round what science fiction / fantasy is all about? It's total garbage for me!
My missus absolutely loves it! Sci-fi, Horror - vampires & werewolves, Merlin and all that nonsense. Give me a footie match or a good thriller any day!
(Never watched Brokeback Mountain either!! - I know that wasn't sci-fi but I just never wanted to watch it...)

What films have you never seen either by choice or just not got around to yet?

SkyBlue_Am

I haven't watched the Lord of the Rings trilogy however I do have it on box set just haven't got round to watching it

Houchens Head

Iv never seen titanic. The reason being i know what happens in the end.
If you watch Titanic backwards, it is a heart warming tale of a ship which jumps out of the water & saves lots of drowning people!

Avatar for me too. Never seen it. Only seen first Harry Potter film then the others were just plain daft. Couldn't be arsed.

dutchman

I refused to watch the first Lord of the Rings because it was common knowledge a longer version would be released later. Then when the extended version came out I decided it was too long to bother with. Ditto for the next two and the forthcoming Hobbit.

Watched ten mins of the first Harry Potter on ITV and had lost all interest by the time the first commercial break had ended.

Couldn't be arsed with 'Made in Dagenham' because a) Wasn't interested in the subject matter and b) I remember the women in real life were as ugly as shit!

Twilight Saga

Houchens Head

Musicals such as Grease, Sat Night Fever and Mama Bloody Mia! Hate them! Missus LOVES 'em!

LastGarrison

Any Harry Potters
Any Lord of the Rings
Any new Star Wars
Any Godfathers
Any Bourne Supremacy
Only the 1st Matrix (thought it was shit)

dutchman

Saw... however many there were.

Was conned into watching the first Hostel, fast forwarded through most of it.

Again conned into watching the first Human Centipede, stayed well clear of the second.

Final Destination: however many there were.

Otis

I love sci-fi. Really, really love it, but funnily enough I have never seen Star Wars. Only saw a few small clips and scenes of the first two films and found it all rather silly and tiresome.

Harry Potter is something you need to stick with. First two films are really daft, but after that the series really grows and the last two films are very good indeed.

I love Blade Runner and Alien/Aliens and Predator and Pitch Black, so scfi-fi is right up my street. I do love thrillers too though.

Houchens Head

Seems a bit strange that most films mentioned are the so-called blockbusters!

Otis

To be honest, put the word 'blockbuster' before any film and I see that as very much a turn-off.

Blockbusters are popular, but how often are they any good?

bamalamafizzfazz

I have never seen The Sound of Music.

I like to rate films by how much of them I slept through at the cinema lol.
My list includes,
The Cat in the Hat :sleep:
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory :sleep:
King Kong :sleep:
Both new Sherlock Holmes films :sleep:
Lemony Snickett's: A Series of Unfortunate Events :sleep:
Skyline :sleep:
Battle LA :sleep:
Star Trek ( new one although I recently watched this and it was really good) :facepalm:

Finally I flat out totally refuse to ever watch any of the Sex and the City films. Yuk!

Nick

Administrator
Never watched Star Wars, Lord of the Rings or Harry Potter. None of them appeal at all!

Otis

Well I would recommend LOR and Harry Potter myself. Thought the last two Harry Potter films in the series were excellent. The series went from it being silly kids stuff in the first two outings to the last two being really dark and moody and intelligent to boot.

flashgary

If you watch Titanic backwards, it is a heart warming tale of a ship which jumps out of the water & saves lots of drowning people!

Avatar for me too. Never seen it. Only seen first Harry Potter film then the others were just plain daft. Couldn't be arsed.

I must admitt that did make me chuckle. I may have to watch the ending now backwards

flashgary

Another film on my hit list is pearl harber. We all know happens. However im sure the yanks turned it into a positive some how.

How about the new italion job? Set in la. Wirh im told no job. God preserve us

egastap

More I haven't seen than seen, young Houch. Cannot stand all this computerised animation shit, I think its today's version of cartoons. Remember when Liam Neeson said he wouldn't make any Star War movies as he was fed up of 'acting' in front of a green backcloth, on his own. Personally, my wife and I only watch THRILLERS, where there is real acting and a PLOT, like for instance......'Along came a spider' from the book by James Patterson.

Now that's what I call MOVIES!

Houchens Head

Love James Patterson books Egastap! Read most of 'em. My missus says there can't be many more of them for me to read! I'm just finishing The Big Bad Wolf at the moment. I have to agree about all this cgi and green screen shite - though to be fair, it's something I'm messing about with myself at the moment! Must admit, I didn't know Liam Neeson was even in Star Wars! Shows how interested I am in Sci-fi! :D

skybluedan

fuckin avatar even the clips to it make me wanna self harm,and never seen debble does dallas but promise to watch the remake if they bring one out

Otis

More I haven't seen than seen, young Houch. Cannot stand all this computerised animation shit, I think its today's version of cartoons. Remember when Liam Neeson said he wouldn't make any Star War movies as he was fed up of 'acting' in front of a green backcloth, on his own. Personally, my wife and I only watch THRILLERS, where there is real acting and a PLOT, like for instance......'Along came a spider' from the book by James Patterson.

Now that's what I call MOVIES!

Do have to say that in defence of 'computerised annimation shit' all three Toy story films are real classics.

Houchens Head

Do have to say that in defence of 'computerised annimation shit' all three Toy story films are real classics.

Aw c'mon, Otis! Toy Story! Classics? (Or was that a bit tongue in cheek? ;))

egastap

Yeah, but so was Walt Disney's Cinderella a classic in its day......the forerunner of 'computerised animation shit' methinks. Don't know if your old enough to remember that though Otis. LOL

Covstu

Sorry really struggling to find a popular film that I have nit seen, I have over 1000 dvd's at home! I suppose I have nit seen manna Mia, that is quite well known!

WillieStanley

I cannot believe how many people have never seen Star Wars and are not even interested as to how it continues to be a staple of pop-culture!!!!

I am soooo passionate about those films, books, comics, merch that my house is littered in it!!

I don't know what more anyone could want from a story!! Give it the time of day and honestly, you won't regret it!!

Before we were parents, my wife and I would spend quarterly weekend watching back to back Star Wars, Matrix, LOTR, and a whole host of others...

Covstu

I cannot believe how many people have never seen Star Wars and are not even interested as to how it continues to be a staple of pop-culture!!!!

I am soooo passionate about those films, books, comics, merch that my house is littered in it!!

I don't know what more anyone could want from a story!! Give it the time of day and honestly, you won't regret it!!

Before we were parents, my wife and I would spend quarterly weekend watching back to back Star Wars, Matrix, LOTR, and a whole host of others...

Totally the same! amazing storyline and used to do the same with the trilogies! We used to hammer boxsets of Stargate, 24, heroes ect too!

Users who are viewing this thread