Anti Football Pompey Nill (1 Viewer)

Fergusons_Beard

Just hoof and hack all night long.

Winge and moan, surround the ref and try and bully us.

Just one question-how the hell did they get 9 wins on the bounce?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Terry Gibson's perm

The way they play can work I thought they looked a good side who will be up there at the end of the season.

saying that I wouldnt want to watch the shit that them and Wycombe produce every week.

Mr Panda

What they do is fairly effective I think. Get the ball as fast as they can to an advanced area in whatever way possible and get a cross into the box. At this level it'll eventually work against most teams.

Frostie

It's very, very ugly but obviously effective - opponents need to be strong against a constant barrage of long balls.

They generally defended well, 2 huge centre half cloggers who only play no nonsense stuff - won't concede too many
Pressed very high from goal kicks, stopping us playing out how we usually would & defended a lot wider than most. Usually we always have an out ball to the wing-backs but they nullified this quite well.

They actually got stronger as the game went on, introduction of the subs helped & playing direct can be effective if using the channels - the first half was just constant long thump straight down the middle which we dealt with easily.

Very adept at the dark arts stuff too & sadly, very weak ref tonight who allowed it.

Wins against sides like that always taste extra sweet for me.

theferret

I thought they looked a decent side, you can see how they have rolled over sides recently. Work really hard, press like men possessed and do have some quality. It's not often we're on the wrong side of possession stats. They won't be far away come the end. Huge win that.

Evo1883

Difficult to play against, press press press, long ball over the top or wing cross

Terry_dactyl

My Pompey supporting parents report that today was not Pompey’s usual style of play and they felt they under performed, and that they don’t usually play hoof ball. I said the same about us. I think both teams were playing like they were scared to lose. We took great advantage of their one lapse in concentration but on the whole I think they were on top for most of the 2nd half.

Bumberclart

I think it's a tale of 2 potential champions cancelling each other out.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

pusbccfc

Like all teams in this league. Birmingham also. Hoof and hope.

kg82

It's very, very ugly but obviously effective - opponents need to be strong against a constant barrage of long balls.

They generally defended well, 2 huge centre half cloggers who only play no nonsense stuff - won't concede too many
Pressed very high from goal kicks, stopping us playing out how we usually would & defended a lot wider than most. Usually we always have an out ball to the wing-backs but they nullified this quite well.

They actually got stronger as the game went on, introduction of the subs helped & playing direct can be effective if using the channels - the first half was just constant long thump straight down the middle which we dealt with easily.

Very adept at the dark arts stuff too & sadly, very weak ref tonight who allowed it.

Wins against sides like that always taste extra sweet for me.
Agreed with this.

But, and I’m normally very anti-ref, I didn’t think he was too bad last night! Couple of decisions, but not many.

lifeskyblue

Strange game from ref; first few minutes picked up on every minor thing...gave us decisions where I didn’t see a foul. As game wore on he became more lenient and let Pompey players surround him after poor challenges by their players. Felt he should have been tougher on number 24 and could have booked a couple others. To be fair to ref I thought the Lino on our side was abysmal and gave ref no support.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Terry_dactyl

Strange game from ref; first few minutes picked up on every minor thing...gave us decisions where I didn’t see a foul. As game wore on he became more lenient and let Pompey players surround him after poor challenges by their players. Felt he should have been tougher on number 24 and could have booked a couple others. To be fair to ref I thought the Lino on our side was abysmal and gave ref no support.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah the lino got a bit of stick didn’t he? He laughed when the ironic cheers went out when he gave a thrown in. Like you say, it appeared as if he could’ve supported the ref a little. More generally assistants don’t always appear to involve themselves in broader decisions.

Colin Steins Smile

Agreed with this.

But, and I’m normally very anti-ref, I didn’t think he was too bad last night! Couple of decisions, but not many.
The challenge on Dom Hyam in the first half looked like a straight red from my view. He went over the top of the ball. Ref bottled that one imo

kg82

Wasn't too bad but think he should have been on Pompey's roughhousing a bit more.

To be fair to Pompey, if the player had gone down play acting for Bakayoko’s tackle, I reckon he’d have been in trouble. Also, Dabo slid through on one of their players and he stepped over him and didn’t go down. So, they might have surrounded him a couple times, but I think they were ok overall. Definitely not the worst I’ve seen (any Graham Westley or Steve Evans team)!

Users who are viewing this thread