Anthony Joshua Vs Andy Ruiz 2 (1 Viewer)

tisza

Ruiz still looks like a bloke who's ripped off his t-shirt for a pub carpark brawl

Sky_Blue_Daz

Listening to the 5 live commentary Costello and Bunce are fantastic

tisza

Klitschko type performance. All behind the jab.
Boxed clever. Good performance.
Scorecards about right too.

hill83

Got to be said as well, had a dodgy American stream on the go and their commentary is night and day better than our ex boxer lot. Actual technical analysis during the fight and in between rounds without any bias. Could be different if a septic was fighting though to be fair.

tisza

Joshua boxed him exactly as Fury would have done. Kept a distance and used his reach. Fury would have boxed him to a comfortable points win as well.
You rush Ruiz at your peril.

Sick Boy

Joshua boxed him exactly as Fury would have done. Kept a distance and used his reach. Fury would have boxed him to a comfortable points win as well.
You rush Ruiz at your peril.

And that’s where the comparison ends, Fury would absolutely school Joshua.

fellatio_Martinez

Got to be said as well, had a dodgy American stream on the go and their commentary is night and day better than our ex boxer lot. Actual technical analysis during the fight and in between rounds without any bias. Could be different if a septic was fighting though to be fair.

Sky sports commentary was appalling. Tony Bellew sounded like AJ's drunk scouse mate.

Nick

Administrator

Might have been the same as what I saw.

The fight was boring as shit though.

Sick Boy

I pay €10 a month for Dazn over here and it was included in that, the Italian commentary was dreadful.

Nick

Administrator
You were waiting for a flying knee high tackle I take it.

Even the Whyte fight was boring.

The one with the young lad who fought the Tanzanian was weird, no wonder he got knocked out as he clearly wasn't an actual boxer.

hill83

Might have been the same as what I saw.

The fight was boring as shit though.

Are you one of them who thinks every fight should be like a Rocky film?

It was a good fight and Joshua carried out what they planned really well.

Nick

Administrator
Are you one of them who thinks every fight should be like a Rocky film?

It was a good fight and Joshua carried out what they planned really well.

Yes, I want to see people getting knocked out and people smashing the shit out of beef hanging up.

I appreciate he did the job that was needed but like Mayweather who is one of the best of all time, just a bit boring.

hill83

Mayweather was going to be my example. I’ve enjoyed all of his fights. Absolute master.

skyblue1991

I'm not normally into boxing so I don't fully understand the rules but saw the last four rounds in the pub.

Why did Joshua win on points when there didn't seem to be much action between the boxers? Was it more jabs, dodges? Why didn't either go hell for leather at each other?

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk

bringbackrattles

Came back from Brum and watched it in the Finbarrs in Holbrooks. It was that boring people started dancing ! But fair play to AJ if he lost that would be his career over. Still reckon he's overrated though.

fellatio_Martinez

It wasn't a patch on the first fight in terms of excitement but Joshua would have been a mug to have gone in swinging and with the pressure he was under his composure was impressive.

He'll make another few billion in the next few years fighting bums and then will get decapitated by Wilder and schooled by Fury if Eddie Hearn allows him to ever fight them.

tisza

It wasn't a patch on the first fight in terms of excitement but Joshua would have been a mug to have gone in swinging and with the pressure he was under his composure was impressive.

He'll make another few billion in the next few years fighting bums and then will get decapitated by Wilder and schooled by Fury if Eddie Hearn allows him to ever fight them.
looks like his next fight could be Usyk - who is a proper boxer (dismantled Bellew) Quicker and skillful but maybe doesn't carry the punching power.

Razzle Dazzle Dean Gordon

looks like his next fight could be Usyk - who is a proper boxer (dismantled Bellew) Quicker and skillful but maybe doesn't carry the punching power.

I think Pulev might be more likely, although Usyk shares the same promoter with AJ so in theory it's an easy one to make. Usyk was absolutely awesome at Cruiserweight.

Users who are viewing this thread