Anthony Joshua Vs Andy Ruiz 2 (2 Viewers)

SkyBlueDom26

Predictions??? I fancy AJ to get the knockout this time round, he only lost the first fight due to get carried away after knocking Ruiz down

lord_garrincha

One guy took his shot... One guy could not take his shot... Why would the result be any different?

Too many people underestimate Ruiz on his physique... this guy had only lost one fight, when he was robbed on points by Joseph Parker in NZ.

The facts are simple... Ruiz has fast hands, Joshua cannot cope with being backed up and always goes back in straight lines, making him vulnerable to the left hook... remember the 1st knock down and even when Dillian Whyte caught him.

HOWEVER... Boxing is a business, so do not be suprised if he regains... then gives up the WBO for Usyk.

SkyBlueDom26

One guy took his shot... One guy could not take his shot... Why would the result be any different?

Too many people underestimate Ruiz on his physique... this guy had only lost one fight, when he was robbed on points by Joseph Parker in NZ.

The facts are simple... Ruiz has fast hands, Joshua cannot cope with being backed up and always goes back in straight lines, making him vulnerable to the left hook... remember the 1st knock down and even when Dillian Whyte caught him.

HOWEVER... Boxing is a business, so do not be suprised if he regains... then gives up the WBO for Usyk.

I don't think AJ can take a punch tbh, thats his weakness like Amir Kahn

CovInEssex

AJ puts it to bed early doors, Andy Ruiz falls down the division a la Parker.

Fury really isn't all that, Wilder looked poor up until he planted one on Ortiz brain

Covstu

AJ won’t repeat that farce again and probably the best thing that happened to him as he will become a better fighter now, he thought he was invincible and got stung the last time.

LastGarrison

I’m intrigued to see what AJ’s tactics will be.

If he and his team have any sense he will keep out of Ruiz’s range and just jab his head off for 12 rounds but I just don’t think he is cute enough for this and his macho pride will rule and he’ll get dragged into a war which plays straight into Ruiz’s hands. Have to admit I am erring towards Ruiz knocking him out again.

Have to say I was gutted when Joshua got beat in the first...........coz I had planned to absolutely lump on Fury if they ever got in the ring together and now Fury will be short.

Greggs

AJ won’t repeat that farce again and probably the best thing that happened to him as he will become a better fighter now, he thought he was invincible and got stung the last time.
So he's learnt how to box in the last 5 months? Nonsense! The hype train has been derailed!

SkyblueBazza

AJ puts it to bed early doors, Andy Ruiz falls down the division a la Parker.

Fury really isn't all that, Wilder looked poor up until he planted one on Ortiz brain
Ffs! Think about what you're saying!!! Fury isn't all that & drew with Wilder who is a world champion. He is yet to lose!!! He has been rated by 'The Ring' as the best active heavyweight. Do you think you know better than them? Even if you believe you do...he still has not been beaten!!! That speaks for itself surely?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

SkyblueBazza

So he's learnt how to box in the last 5 months? Nonsense! The hype train has been derailed!
No...he IS a good boxer that just like Mike Tyson, who destroyed everyone in his path en-route to Champion, underestimated his opponent, got cocky & got put on his ass!

LastGarrison

No...he IS a good boxer that just like Mike Tyson, who destroyed everyone in his path en-route to Champion, underestimated his opponent, got cocky & got put on his ass!

Are you comparing Joshua to Tyson? Poor analogy.

Is Joshua a good boxer? As in technically? Fury is streets ahead of him in terms of technical boxing skills and Joshua’s footwork really is poor.

However, he has the great combination of being an absolute specimen, who can box and also has a good dig on him which all combined makes him a very good heavyweight in today’s terms but let’s not kid ourselves that he is one of the best of all time who got ‘unlucky’ or ‘cocky’ because that’s simply not true.

SkyblueBazza

Is Joshua a good boxer? As in technically? Fury is streets ahead of him in terms of technical boxing skills and Joshua’s footwork really is poor.

However, he has the great combination of being an absolute specimen, who can box and also has a good dig on him which all combined makes him a very good heavyweight in today’s terms but let’s not kid ourselves that he is one of the best of all time who got ‘unlucky’ or ‘cocky’ because that’s simply not true.
Didn't say he is the best ever, but I reckon in the all-time list of heavyweight boxers he must be in the top 5% ever. Yes there have been times such as Ali, Frazier & Foreman when all 3 or so top heavyweights would theoretically beat him. Then again you have to factor in fitness levels, strength, speed etc nowadays being probably at a higher level too.
So I am kidding nobody, but I do know that if you or I got in a ring with AJ, TF or DT we would probably not survive the first 3 punches (including jabs!)

CovInEssex

Ffs! Think about what you're saying!!! Fury isn't all that & drew with Wilder who is a world champion. He is yet to lose!!! He has been rated by 'The Ring' as the best active heavyweight. Do you think you know better than them? Even if you believe you do...he still has not been beaten!!! That speaks for itself surely?

I cannot consider him good until he fights the top guys all the time - fighting the unknowns it's nothing more than an easy win for him and robbing the fans. None of these Otto blokes. The heavyweights ranked 5-10 are his biggest enemy, he loses against 1 of them and he knows 'return' is all over - he knows this and he's scared of them. He didn't even earn the Wilder fight in the first place.

Greggs

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HSAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Greggs

Joshua is a shit Frank Bruno

CCFC88

Clueless, Fury's the best heavyweight in the world currently. That's how Wilder wins all his fights, one huge blow out of nowhere just when you think you've got him under control.

Remember he "planted two on Fury's brain" Fury got up and still did enough to win the final round.

Greggs

Clueless, Fury's the best heavyweight in the world currently. That's how Wilder wins all his fights, one huge blow out of nowhere just when you think you've got him under control.

Remember he "planted two on Fury's brain" Fury got up and still did enough to win the final round.
Exactly. People criticise Wilder - he knows he isn't the best technically and is prepared to lose rounds in order to land that big shot. I admit his record is a bit padded, but that's the state of the HW division.

Greggs

I cannot consider him good until he fights the top guys all the time - fighting the unknowns it's nothing more than an easy win for him and robbing the fans. None of these Otto blokes. The heavyweights ranked 5-10 are his biggest enemy, he loses against 1 of them and he knows 'return' is all over - he knows this and he's scared of them. He didn't even earn the Wilder fight in the first place.
Surely he did by beating a 10 year Unified World Champion?

Greggs

Didn't say he is the best ever, but I reckon in the all-time list of heavyweight boxers he must be in the top 5% ever. Yes there have been times such as Ali, Frazier & Foreman when all 3 or so top heavyweights would theoretically beat him. Then again you have to factor in fitness levels, strength, speed etc nowadays being probably at a higher level too.
So I am kidding nobody, but I do know that if you or I got in a ring with AJ, TF or DT we would probably not survive the first 3 punches (including jabs!)

Can't believe what i'm reading! The hype job had 43 Amateur fights and has had 23 Pro fights. You cannot put him anywhere near any sort of legend status. Lennox would have torn him to pieces. He's a just a product to make money, stay humble and buy lucozade.

CCFC88

Have to give Ruiz every chance in the rematch, was AJ fully with it, I suppose we'll never know, what I do know is that AJ caught Ruiz cleanly and he went down but he never looked out of it, his senses were all there, when Ruiz caught AJ, AJ looked like he'd been sent to another dimension.

Ruiz has quick hands and better movement than AJ, could just be that he's all wrong for AJ, I think this might be the case. So many factors though, does Ruiz feel more pressure coming in as the champ now? Does AJ feel more pressure knowing what a defeat could do to his career? Climate, timezones etc. Neither will have fought under thee conditions before.

One thing I don't agree with is that if AJ loses then it's over for him. He's built up such a profile that he could still sell out another couple of fights at Wembley even if he loses. He is still the darling of mainstream boxing fans.

SkyblueBazza

Struth...they all have their 'easier' bouts. That is how the better ones can progress to the top so quickly...otherwise they would all be 35+ in age

SkyblueBazza

Can't believe what i'm reading! The hype job had 43 Amateur fights and has had 23 Pro fights. You cannot put him anywhere near any sort of legend status. Lennox would have torn him to pieces. He's a just a product to make money, stay humble and buy lucozade.
Who said you need to be a legend to be good?

Users who are viewing this thread