Answer to the banners. (1 Viewer)

covman

I know similar ideas have already been mooted on here but thought I would start a thread as I really feel it is the best idea. Like me, many people who want SISU out will not actively campaign as it is not in their character but when they are given a bit of momentum they will often get as emotional as most on here. This is why if A4 sheets with a simple SISU OUT on them are handed out outside the ground before the Derby game the impact could be dramatic. The good thing about this is it is do cheap and easy to produce and anyone with a pc can do it. I openly admit I'm not a do-er but you guys seem to be doing a great job at getting something going here so thought I'd share my thoughts. Keep up the good work!

Skybluescotland

I know similar ideas have already been mooted on here but thought I would start a thread as I really feel it is the best idea. Like me, many people who want SISU out will not actively campaign as it is not in their character but when they are given a bit of momentum they will often get as emotional as most on here. This is why if A4 sheets with a simple SISU OUT on them are handed out outside the ground before the Derby game the impact could be dramatic. The good thing about this is it is do cheap and easy to produce and anyone with a pc can do it. I openly admit I'm not a do-er but you guys seem to be doing a great job at getting something going here so thought I'd share my thoughts. Keep up the good work!

Great idea!! Each fan to bring 2 or 3 to pass on and every single Cov fan can hold one up

Cov 4 Prem

I can design them on photoshop, simple bold and readable.

SISU OUT!

Landscape or portrait? Then will upload for all to print and distribute.

covman

Personally I would stick to all black to save cost. Portrait would prob mean a bigger font so more clear. My main point tho is that someone needs to print a load out and hand them out. Us human beings are lazy gits and I think some will just not bother to print them themselves. This don't mean they don't care, it's just human nature.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
I think handing them out before the game is a bit risky. SISU could quite easily instruct stewards to confiscate them. And although this is wrong, i dont think that will stop them!. However if people print off their own i cant see the stewards being able ti remove from from each individual (and they wont actively see individuals handing them out).

Disenchanted

if we sell them for £2 each we could raise enough to buy a Striker:thinking about::thinking about::thinking about::thinking about::thinking about::thinking about:
:blue:

covman

There is absolutely no way that they can stop you handing them outside the ground. Trust me!

coundonskyblue

Ok, ill trust you (but i wouldnt be too sure. Im not saying its right that they would have a right to but i expect the umper lumpas would have strict instructions to dispose of any posters they spot being handed out)

I'm pretty sure outside of the ground the stewards have no legal authority. CCFC don't rent the arena complex, just the playing area.

cloughie

What ever way let everybody either print their own and if anyone feels motivated to print a load off and distribute them, good on you. I'll be printing mine, what a great effect it would have to see thousands , yes thousands of A4 sheets held high. PUSBs .

skyblusam

Sod it lets put sisu out banners on every traffic island in the city just like them happy birthday ones we all see every day. And bigger ones on bridges over the A444 wont take long before there noticed.

covman

Sod it lets put sisu out banners on every traffic island in the city just like them happy birthday ones we all see every day. And bigger ones on bridges over the A444 wont take long before there noticed.

That's really not as stupid as it sounds! I like it! ... and so would the media.

rob9872

I don't advocate vandalism especially as we are the ones who need to pay to have it cleaned up, but yep some of the banners like the 40 birthday ones could easily be put up without the graffiti or doing anything illeagal. If enough people do it, then we could get it on every roundabout in the city and every sign in and out of the City. A "Honk if you agree" campaign would soon attract local if not national media. Get this organised and the idea shared on every fan board, facebook and anywhere you can to get the ball rolling on this immediately. Great idea mate.

davebart

The best time to have put SISU OUT banners up was before they bought the club.

They are trying to get out as fast as they can. We should be taking pleasure from the pain they must already be suffering every day as the money goes out of the door. I don't know about you but if I was losing £10,000 a day I'd be in tears.

Schadenfreude

Covstu

Problem is as they are hurting and losing money so are we. They are takling every penny that we have and it needs to stop.

cloughie

I don't advocate vandalism especially as we are the ones who need to pay to have it cleaned up, but yep some of the banners like the 40 birthday ones could easily be put up without the graffiti or doing anything illeagal. If enough people do it, then we could get it on every roundabout in the city and every sign in and out of the City. A "Honk if you agree" campaign would soon attract local if not national media. Get this organised and the idea shared on every fan board, facebook and anywhere you can to get the ball rolling on this immediately. Great idea mate.
I will begin this in the next day or 2 and if only 1% of season ticket holders did this then the city would be overwhelmed by the number of banners etc and national press will be on it big time

ajsccfc

I'd echo Rob about vandalism or graffiti of any kind, it'd wouldn't take much disregard of the law to turn any public sympathy against a protest.

covman

I'd echo Rob about vandalism or graffiti of any kind, it'd wouldn't take much disregard of the law to turn any public sympathy against a protest.

Absolutely. However no one has actually suggested graffiti or vandalism. We are on about banners or sheets with SISU OUT written in them put in the usual places like the birthday messages. They are always on the big round about by Allesley Park for example.

cloughie

Agreed I do not endorse any graffiti etc only birthday like banners

rob9872

I realise nobody had suggested it, but I just wanted to ensure that the objectives were clear and it wasn't 'open season' so that we could be used as a band-waggon excuse for less savoury protests. If we play it straight we will get more respect, better coverage and more likely a sympathetic ear. If we do it the 'wrong' way the we will be classed as just typical football hooligans causing trouble

Users who are viewing this thread