Another Striker to come? (1 Viewer)

junglej13

Notice hes in the number 20 shirt also which I think still leaves 10 vacant. With it being a 2 year deal (rather than 3) I think this implies we havent paid much. I wondered if the deal is structured like the rumoured one for Turnbull years ago where barely anything was paid up front but there was a hefty sell on clause. I still think we will get Chaplin as well...

ccfclinney

Very interesting quote from robins. Maybe taking pressure of him a little.. we do stil need another striker in my opinion we can’t rely on Biamou and JCH to score 15 + in this league in my opinion.

mark82

I don't think it's a stretch to imagine that is what he is hinting at. Another striker in would, I imagine, mean Ponticelli going out on loan.

Terry_dactyl

Notice hes in the number 20 shirt also which I think still leaves 10 vacant. With it being a 2 year deal (rather than 3) I think this implies we havent paid much. I wondered if the deal is structured like the rumoured one for Turnbull years ago where barely anything was paid up front but there was a hefty sell on clause. I still think we will get Chaplin as well...
Today’s news from Pompey makes me think that Chaplin signing is increasingly likely. I think if he does sign it will give us a fair bit of variation in attack.

cooperskyblue

I think we will sign another striker, and also think it may end up being Chaplin on like deadline day or something.
But at the kit launch Robins said that he wanted another striker even if McNulty was to stay so I think a striker and centre back is still to come in.

Gint11

Heard a rumour today we are going for some young lad at Pompey called Chaplin?! Anyone heard of him

Otis

Nope.

Going to be a lot quieter on here though if we do sign another one. What are all the moaning people going to have to moan about then?

There's always something I suppose. We finish 6th and go up - 'We should have finished 5th'. We finish 5th - 'We should have finished 4th'. We finish 2nd - 'We should have finished top'. We finish top - 'We should have finished top by more points'.

Been so much gloom and doom without the season even kicking off and yet by tonight we could have two new strikers and a replacement for the failing Rod McDonald.

Gint11

Nope.

Going to be a lot quieter on here though if we do sign another one. What are all the moaning people going to have to moan about then?

There's always something I suppose. We finish 6th and go up - 'We should have finished 5th'. We finish 5th - 'We should have finished 4th'. We finish 2nd - 'We should have finished top'. We finish top - 'We should have finished top by more points'.

Been so much gloom and doom without the season even kicking off and yet by tonight we could have two new strikers and a replacement for the failing Rod McDonald.

Nowt as queer as folk mate.

Gint11

Nope.

2 Wembley visits in 2 years - WON both.
First promotion in 50 odd years
Highest points total in a division since the 60s
Possessed a 28 goal striker
Finally finished 6th in a division

BUT we’re Coventry City, we should be beating every team eleventy - nil every week

Otis

BUT we’re Coventry City, we should be beating every team eleventy - nil every week
Then they'd still be moaning that all the goals came in the first half.

Terry_dactyl

We possessed a striker?
That explains Mcnulty’s status as our occult hero.

Otis

We possessed a striker?
That explains Mcnulty’s status as our occult hero.
Yup. He dare not miss and every time he got near goal he would look up at the stand and see if I was about to stick the pins in the doll.

He scored - no pins.

hill83

No point signing anyone else. They have already missed pre season. Robins out.

Users who are viewing this thread