Another Sport with an epetition (1 Viewer)

skybluetony176

Hi, i was wondering if people could help out short oval motor sport out and sign an epetition to save Mildenhall stadium. the jist is that there has been motor sport at the sight for decades (as far back as the 1920's i believe in 1 form or another) and about 10years ago a couple bought a house about a mile away and promptly started legal proceedings to get the sight and the neighbouring motor cross track closed down because of noise polution. the house in question is also on the opposite side of the road from an RAF base (presumably RAF Mildenhall) where flights take off 24hrs a day, so its not like they didn't know they were going to move to an area with a considrable amount of noise. they initialy lost but had it overturned at an appeal.

short circuit motorsport is quickly running out of locations with sites not just closed for financial reasons it is also loosing sites due to development like Brandon localy, wimbledon looks like its going, wisbech is now a tesco's etc. etc. they are also hard to replace as the noise polution is always an issue with planning applications so they are unlikely to be replaced.

https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/62894/signature/new

many thanks

Woz01

As a speedway fan ive already signed it but this had to be one of the most bizarre court rulings ive ever seen. How the hell can they claim this when its been there for years and a RAF base is also nearby which would produce much more noise. Im sure they got the house cheaper than its worth due to whats in the area. Unbelievable

skybluetony176

As a speedway fan ive already signed it but this had to be one of the most bizarre court rulings ive ever seen. How the hell can they claim this when its been there for years and a RAF base is also nearby which would produce much more noise. Im sure they got the house cheaper than its worth due to whats in the area. Unbelievable

i believe that they claimed that they didn't realise that there was racing on in the evenings. should have done there due diligence ;).

i go to this cuircit at least once a year and the owners did try to appease the situation before it even got to court. there is now a huge fence all around the track that must be 14ft + high to help keep the noise in and i've been in the pits which are beside the main stadium complex when a formula i dont follow is racing and i cant hear anything louder than usual road noise from that distance. the average race last about 10-15mins depending on stopages, with about 10-14 races per night (depending on the number of formula's racing at any given meeting) and they have a 10pm curfew which they stick to religiously.

Users who are viewing this thread