Another Rumour (1 Viewer)

Magwitch

I’m sure both party’s have told the truth but perhaps not the whole truth. This EC complaint was made in February before Joy said she would stop the legals if our CCC would identify land to build a wish for stadium on. Don’t tell me she didn’t know once the EU complaint was filed it couldn’t be withdrawn and don’t tell me the Wasps legal eagles didn’t know this was a possibility even a probability.
Still almost two weeks to go before the May 29th deadline and I am confident of some sort of deal emerging just mystified re. the timing and why, I doubt we will ever know.

SkyBlueCRJ

I’m sure both party’s have told the truth but perhaps not the whole truth. This EC complaint was made in February before Joy said she would stop the legals if our CCC would identify land to build a wish for stadium on. Don’t tell me she didn’t know once the EU complaint was filed it couldn’t be withdrawn and don’t tell me the Wasps legal eagles didn’t know this was a possibility even a probability.
Still almost two weeks to go before the May 29th deadline and I am confident of some sort of deal emerging just mystified re. the timing and why, I doubt we will ever know.

You’re questioning irrelevant facts. Did Joy know that the complaint couldn’t be withdrawn? Of course she did. That would’ve been advised to her upon making the complaint and frankly obvious anyway. She can’t say, 'oh sorry can we withdraw the complaint actually because it doesn’t suit one of our portfolio’s commercially?' It doesn’t work like that and is out of her hands if the EC decide that there has been wrongdoing. The whole point of making the complaint was in the hope that the EC would investigate. So, even if she could withdraw it I doubt she would anyway.

Unless they seek legal counsel from a group of chimpanzees they probably did know that it was a possibility. Having an indication about whether SISU made a complaint and finding out whether said complaint is being investigated is two different kettles of fish though and would warrant two vastly different reactions. Hence the knee jerk reaction from Wasps. It’s difficult to predict the outcome. But I personally believe we’ll be ground sharing as Wasps have moved the goalposts at every opportunity and some of their conditions leaked by Les Reid were frankly ridiculous and beyond agreeable from the club’s and SISU’s POV. Don’t see any way forward in the Ricoh negotiations but hope I’m wrong

Last edited:

RegTheDonk

The only thing I can think of is Wasps legal team / advisors have fucked up. When they leaked it through Gilbert there was no mention of the complaint to the EC being irreversible, that came once our fans started looking into it and then got confirmed the next day by someone on CWR.

Could it be the deal was agreed but they wanted to force SISU to withdraw the complaint not realising they couldn't?

That's the only thing I can think of. There's no way SISU are going to indemnify them and I don't think any of our fans would want them to. Why should we pay if they are found to be in the wrong?
Dunno Dave but you would think if a few of us took a day to look this up, their legal team would surely have found out the facts having much longer to look into it before leaking anything to Gilbert. The Coucil are supposed to be thick as thieves with them, so as soon as they got wind it would have been passed across the trenches to their allies.

Any idea what the difference is to what wasps paid and what they SHOULD have paid using SISU's calculator? Maybe this shared ownership that Eastwood or whoever hinted at weeks ago could come into play, SISU could buy in that way if it came to it (though the thought of them paying for anything at face value is a bit alien to them).

higgs

I'd say it's pretty obvious at this point that wasps and the council dont want us playing at the Ricoh fuck the lot of them

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

clint van damme

I'd say it's pretty obvious at this point that wasps and the council dont want us playing at the Ricoh fuck the lot of them

Not under sisu though I still think an attempt at regime change at CCFC might be behind this, (just One of many theories I have floating around in my head)

Warwickhunt

If the EC find a case and sends it to th ECJ no fucker will be playing at the RICOH!

cooperskyblue

I don't get why the council would want for CCFC not to play at the Ricoh and what they would gain! What's in it for them?

They have made as many mistakes as Wasps and SISU in this mess and I think their issue is with SISU but as usual us the fans and club are the ones affected.

Hopefully common sense can prevail.

Samo

I don't get why the council would want for CCFC not to play at the Ricoh and what they would gain! What's in it for them?

They have made as many mistakes as Wasps and SISU in this mess and I think their issue is with SISU but as usual us the fans and club are the ones affected.

Hopefully common sense can prevail.

They want a 'City of Rugby' remember? :bored:

Reactions: vow

Chipfat

The CCC don't want Sisu anywhere near the ricoh. Wasps are in the middle probably being told a different owner of the club would bring a better deal for all. They are trying to force change of ownership and it's been going on for more than a few years. Unfortunately in the city the football club only has a chance if Sisu leave, nothing will be longterm while they have ownership.

Nick

Administrator
The CCC don't want Sisu anywhere near the ricoh. Wasps are in the middle probably being told a different owner of the club would bring a better deal for all. They are trying to force change of ownership and it's been going on for more than a few years. Unfortunately in the city the football club only has a chance if Sisu leave, nothing will be longterm while they have ownership.

I wonder which new owner would bring a better deal for "all"?

Chipfat

I wonder which new owner would bring a better deal for "all"?

We have had this conversation over more than a few years now and nothing that i have seen or heard has changed my train of thought. In my opinion nothing changes as long as Sisu are here and I don't see them leaving anytime soon.

Sky Blue Harry H

Whoever is negotiating for CCFC/SISU re Ricoh/groundshare - assume Dave Boddy is involved(?) can only be in one place at one time. I'd love to know where he is (yesterday. today. tomorrow) as surely this will be indicative of how the land lies going forward. If the main conversations are with W*sps, then it would make you think that this is the most likely outcome, as surely any other groundshare party would need a decision soon. Can we have a 'Boddy watch' over the next day or two?!

OffenhamSkyBlue

Whoever is negotiating for CCFC/SISU re Ricoh/groundshare - assume Dave Boddy is involved(?) can only be in one place at one time. I'd love to know where he is (yesterday. today. tomorrow) as surely this will be indicative of how the land lies going forward. If the main conversations are with W*sps, then it would make you think that this is the most likely outcome, as surely any other groundshare party would need a decision soon. Can we have a 'Boddy watch' over the next day or two?!
Stalking him, you mean? Anyone know where he lives, and has a long-lens camera? Or AC-12??

BigadamL

im ready to go

e00b0e1a6b71b91ed28ef135e8314623.jpg

Sky Blue Harry H

I went past Darlington's new purpose built stadium on the train at the weeked (that they no longer play at - returned to Feetham's because of cost of rent!). We could move there to be closer to Sunderland, so that it becomes more of a local derby. Think they'd like that!

Users who are viewing this thread