Another reason why SISU came back? (1 Viewer)

Flying Fokker

I was talking to a bloke this morning. He was buzzing on about a Rugby club coming to the Ricoh. To be announced early September. Will be playing there by December.

Sick Boy

I was talking to a bloke this morning. He was buzzing on about a Rugby club coming to the Ricoh. To be announced early September. Will be playing there by December.

Highly unlikely.

Considering that our fans are now very much anti-franchise, if this were to be true, then i'm sure ACL will soon feel the wrath of our support.

Flying Fokker

Highly unlikely.

Considering that our fans are now very much anti-franchise, if this were to be true, then i'm sure ACL will soon feel the wrath of our support.

Why? Sports teams have been known to play on Sundays. The women's football team are there on Sundays already. May be a bit of congestion with fixtures so a Friday game is likely for the ladies.

Flying Fokker

What will be, will be. It is just another one of those rumour thingys that keep cropping up. The guy seemed convinced. Spoke to someone high up in the Rugby world (Not a pylon engineer) Let's wait and see.

CaptainMorgan

Why should the fans be upset? The football club only wants to pay for what amounts to one month in every year don't they? ACL should keep looking to make the bowl more viable.

Como

I would expect ACL would be trying to find more users. CCFC have it for a limited numbers of days and a max of 4 years.

Bob Latchford

italiahorse

Makes the purchase of CCFC more attractive if it included ownership of the stadium

They could buy that off CCC if they wanted too but Sisu won't offer a market value so CCFC will never own it.
IMHO a long term rental in line with one previously offered would be a cheaper option along with 50% ownership of ACL.

Kneeza

And if JLR sponsor any other rugby club than Cov, they can stuff my pension up their

No wait.....

Otis

I would expect ACL would be trying to find more users. CCFC have it for a limited numbers of days and a max of 4 years.

Why a maximum of 4 years? There's nothing to say a further deal cannot be arranged at the the end of this present contract is there?

John_Silletts_Nose

Well, none of you have sussed out what team the guy was talking about?

If true then I think there are only a couple of teams that would consider it, Wasps and Northampton.

Wasps have played at the Ricoh before but was not popular with the fans and have had problems with new stadium planning permission.
Northampton are planning some work and need a stadium to play their bigger matches, they have used MK Stadium in the past.

Any such agreement may be a temporary arrangement, but then so is the deal with CCFC.

Edit. If true then it may be the Wasps European matches as they do not clash with City matches.

Last edited:

Moff

If true then I think there are only a couple of teams that would consider it, London Wasps and Northampton.

Wasps have played at the Ricoh before but was not popular with the fans and have had problems with new stadium planning permission.
Northampton are planning some work and need a stadium to play their bigger matches, they have used MK Stadium in the past.

Any such agreement may be a temporary arrangement, but then so is the deal with CCFC.

It would never be Northampton. They are either in the process of developing or have further developed their ground to a higher capacity, and have tried and successfully played bigger games at the MK Dons stadium. As for Wasps, they have always been and always will be a London club, not midlands.

So in respect of the rumour that a Rugby Club is coming to the Ricoh, unless it is a small one, I just cant see it.

skybluefred

It would never be Northampton. They are either in the process of developing or have further developed their ground to a higher capacity, and have tried and successfully played bigger games at the MK Dons stadium. As for Wasps, they have always been and always will be a London club, not midlands.

So in respect of the rumour that a Rugby Club is coming to the Ricoh, unless it is a small one, I just cant see it.

We won't get stung then.:eek:

John_Silletts_Nose

As I stated earlier, if true then it will probably be Wasps European Rugby matches, it will only be three matches (26/10/14; 13/12/14; 24/01/15)

It fits with the CCFC fixtures and they have used it previously.

Flying Fokker

As I stated earlier, if true then it will probably be Wasps European Rugby matches, it will only be three matches (26/10/14; 13/12/14; 24/01/15)

It fits with the CCFC fixtures and they have used it previously.

Ahem.....think again. Last game in London will have Invicta (Harry's sports foundation) on their shirts. Sunday games in the league. It could happen you know.

Suits City with their games played on Saturdays.

Last edited:

Flying Fokker

You were right!

Breathes sigh of relief. My source was also worried that it could all go flat but I spoke to him again on Wednesday and he said it was 98% certain.

Not sure city are ready for this one though. I also spoke to someone from the club who said it was highly unlikely given the amount of use the pitch gets.

Users who are viewing this thread