Another protest? (1 Viewer)

ccfc92

The whistles were actively part of the protest against Sheff Utd weren't they?

erm... what's that got to do with today's sit in? That's what I'm on about :)

Can't comment on Sheff UTD, I was in America so didn't see it :)

Brylowes

Agree, they can all get fucked. Hope the protest is shit, no.doubt they will all be happy now with some back pats
IF it was the whistle that led to the equaliser, and it's a big IF, did everyone in
Block 16 blow it at the same time, some real sweeping statements here.
Why would you want the protest to be shit, are you happy with the way things
Are.

Nick

Administrator
IF it was the whistle that led to the equaliser, and it's a big IF, did everyone in
Are.

I didn't say they all did, but all of the "groups" need to come out and condemn it and ask people to drop the whistles.

The sit in with 50 people won't do shit.

pusbccfc

Godiva

But you are condemning those doing the sit in.
The whistle person might not even be there for all you know.

That's the problem, isn't it? There's not one united front. The sit in is a good idea, but as you said earlier it only takes one a-hole to ruin it.
I am left now with the feeling that the protests have costs us 4 points and I am probably not the only one. 4 points we may need badly when the season ends.

The protest need a united strong leadership.
The factions need to agree to one goal, agree to what is acceptable behavior and agree to what we expect from new owners once sisu leaves.

SBAndy

People know who blew that whistle. If I was anywhere near it I'd have given the c**t a slap. But absolutely nothing because it's hilarious. Our fans are a fucking waste of time.

Astute

Are.
The mentality that it doesn't matter what the protesting is needs to stop. Look at comments on this thread alone. More thought is needed.

covman

I didn't say they all did, but all of the "groups" need to come out and condemn it and ask people to drop the whistles.

This is laughable! I think we have bigger fish to fry than one person blowing a whistle!

Nick

Administrator
I didn't think they did. Thought Lamerias and Sterry lost communication.

The whistle was being blown all second half and made no difference.

You wouldn't think it though would you?

IT was clear as day, our players stopped. It made a difference then, they scored from it.

That's the 2nd game the "protests" have had an issue on the end result now. Hope people are happy about it all though, get some exposure and some back pats.

ccfc92

The Jimmy Hill Way ‏@TheJimmyHillWay 3m3 minutes ago
@_threeofclubs The whistles are nothing to do with us. Our protest was after the game.

The Jimmy Hill Way ‏@TheJimmyHillWay 1h1 hour ago
@skybluezam87 Nobody ever said they'd be a protest during the game

Please RT: Lawful sit-in protest in Block 16 at full time today. Keep #SisuOut chanting going. Obey any police instructions please #pusb c

The Jimmy Hill Way ‏@TheJimmyHillWay 4h4 hours ago
@Studio2Stereo Who said anything about interrupting the game? In fact we've said we are not planning anything that will do that

Nick

Administrator
The Jimmy Hill Way ‏@TheJimmyHillWay 3m3 minutes ago
@_threeofclubs The whistles are nothing to do with us. Our protest was after the game.

The Jimmy Hill Way ‏@TheJimmyHillWay 1h1 hour ago
@skybluezam87 Nobody ever said they'd be a protest during the game

Please RT: Lawful sit-in protest in Block 16 at full time today. Keep #SisuOut chanting going. Obey any police instructions please #pusb c

The Jimmy Hill Way ‏@TheJimmyHillWay 4h4 hours ago
@Studio2Stereo Who said anything about interrupting the game? In fact we've said we are not planning anything that will do that

Again, the whistles followed on from last game againt Sheff UTd.

SkyBlue_Bear83

You wouldn't think it though would you?

IT was clear as day, our players stopped. It made a difference then, they scored from it.

That's the 2nd game the "protests" have had an issue on the end result now. Hope people are happy about it all though, get some exposure and some back pats.
Nick please stop calling these whistle blowing arseholes as part of the protest, it wasn't.

Nick

Administrator
Nick please stop calling these whistle blowing arseholes as part of the protest, it wasn't.

Not today's protest, it was part of the last one that people continued. You cant say everybody blow your whistle in a game and then deny all knowledge the next when it carries on.

ccfc92

Again, the whistles followed on from last game againt Sheff UTd.

Again, you clearly don't understand my question.

What has the whistles got to do with the sit in?
Why are the people doing to sit in, and didn't blow whistles, bell ends?

Nick

Administrator
Again, you clearly don't understand my question.

What has the whistles got to do with the sit in?
Why are the people doing to sit in, and didn't blow whistles, bell ends?

Who arranged the whistles last game?

ccfc92

Who arranged the whistles last game?

I don't know? I wasn't here at the time.

It's just that you're calling all people at the sit in bell ends, when chances are only a few of them have blew whistles?

Nick

Administrator
I don't know? I wasn't here at the time.

It's just that you're calling all people at the sit in bell ends, when chances are only a few of them have blew whistles?
Apologies if it read like all of them.

They clearly all weren't blowing whistles but they need condemning.

I'd just seen them score because of whistles they did in the last game, not going to be happy about it

Brylowes

But the protest against SU was organised because we were on sky, it did work
I watched it in the pub 180 miles from Coventry and people in the pub thought
The tv was playing up, Cus of the constant whistling.
Sporadic whistling during the game is different, did people buy the whistles for
The SU game ? If so some are still taking them to the game and are acting on
There own, and not as part of any organised protest.

ccfc92

Apologies if it read like all of them.

They clearly all weren't blowing whistles but they need condemning.

I'd just seen them score because of whistles they did in the last game, not going to be happy about it

Of course you're not. And I agree.

It's just it seemed to group the people at the sit in with those who blew whistles :)

SkyBlue_Bear83

Not today's protest, it was part of the last one that people continued. You cant say everybody blow your whistle in a game and then deny all knowledge the next when it carries on.
It was sporadic and only when Bolton were attacking, the whistlers weren't being blown in protest.

they probably got the idea after the Sheffield united match but today was individuals being idiots. If it was part of a continued protest I could forget it to an extent, but it wasn't.

torchomatic

I didn't think they did. Thought Lamerias and Sterry lost communication.

The whistle was being blown all second half and made no difference.

Must have just been a HUGE coincidence then... As i said I heard a few people stating the same thing. Lameiras stopped when a whistle blast came from the crowd. We're in Block 17 and heard it clearly.

ccfcway

As a fan base, we are so divided and its gutting. Some walk away to not return, some are holding on until they cant be bothered any more or when they have to decide to renew their season tickets or not, some will be here no matter what, and we have the guy running the leading sky blues forum protesting at the protests.

Last edited:

Captain Dart

This is laughable! I think we have bigger fish to fry than one person blowing a whistle!
Yeah, what about the pies!

* or the academy or the venue in 2018/19 or Ryton. Cause -> effect.

Astute

As I said in a previous post.

One set of fans care about the future the other set care about what is going on with the football side of things.

Neither are in the wrong.
I am clearly in both. And I am not alone.

Users who are viewing this thread